Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 182 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 111 161 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 4536

Thread: PS Publishing - Stephen King Anniversary Editions

Gunslinger Apprentice pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing's Avatar

Hi Frankie -- Well, £250 is just too steep. I'll go to £100 credit (plus a new copy of the book) but that's as far as I'll go. Best wishes -- Pete

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Pete - you're amazing!
    Hope this works out!

sk

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
    Make it £250 and you got yourself a deal boys!

No deal! You simply photo-shopped Mr Rabbit Trick's copy #12 to make it look like you have copy #1!!!

The signatures and number one are completely identical between the two images. Both my copy and Stroppygoblin's copy have differences in the hand writing. Your photo does not. It's a very poor attempt at extorting Pete's very generous and noble offer.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

An attempt at Yanking your chain, maybe. I dont think he was trying to extort Pete.

Seems like dude played a joke and Pete with all his good nature, immediately bumped the offer.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

He shoulda photoshopped a King sig on there while he was at it! Lol
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

About 75% of Frankie's posts are diatribes against 'flipping' so yeah, he's fooling around

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pete at pspublishing View Post
    Okay, this was my screw-up. So let's try this: I'll offer a £50 credit (plus another copy of the book) for whomever returns #1 to me so that I can pass it along to T-Dogz. I'll make the same offer in the PS Newsletter. Let's see what happens. Now I'm DEFINITELY going to bed.

Best wishes

Pete
    Very cool of you Pete!
    If you sent it to me, I will return it. I do not want the 50 L's??? Returning it is the nice thing to do.
    Kudos to Roseannebarr for displaying such integrity and noble intent. Rep points my friend!

Gunslinger Apprentice pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing's Avatar

D'oh! I'm gonna go sit down for a while. Best wishes one and all -- Pete The Gullible!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Although I appreciate the humour and a job well done, I think that was a little unfair to Pete in his tired state. I'm giving +ve rep to Pete for at least trying to do right by his customers!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Like I said... good of Pete... at the same time if T Dogz had that number and PS gave it to someone else... well rightfully so they should be doing all they can to get it back for him. Personally this is HUGELY important to me. It has happened before and CD paid the shipping and everything to get the book back for me but I got lucky. I say if T does not get his number one in a timely manner the same offer of Pete to the person with the #1 should then go to T Dogz for PS's drop of the ball. My 2 cents... and if I had that book... I would be giving it back like DoctorZuis did and with no monetary gain at all. On this site especially it was the right thing to do. I would have blasted Frankie had I not seen it was a joke. But I see his humor now.... at first I was like "what a hypocrite"!!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Closet Flipper Frankie has a spectacular aura about Frankie has a spectacular aura about

Sorry guys, I thought the photoshop job would be spotted by all pretty easily, if I had the book (which I don't, I didn't order a copy) I wouldn't even take the 50, let alone try and get more. Props to Pete though for stepping up to the plate even further!

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Keeping fingers crossed for you T.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I appreciate everything Pete is doing but PS needs a better way of keeping up with the numbers and who has them. This all happened when they sent out the 1st book Christine. I had ask for a certain number and was sent a lot different number. I know PS tried to correct the mistake for everyone but you would think they would be a better way of keeping up with who gets what number. I hope T-Dogz all the best but it is highly doubtful he will see his #1 of Carrie. I know that really messed up your numbered set big time. I think PS should just send you a book numbered #1 so your set isn't so screwed up so what if there might be 2 #1s at least you will have your complete set of #1s. Just my thoughts on the entire thing.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LostAlivE View Post
    I appreciate everything Pete is doing but PS needs a better way of keeping up with the numbers and who has them. This all happened when they sent out the 1st book Christine. I had ask for a certain number and was sent a lot different number. I know PS tried to correct the mistake for everyone but you would think they would be a better way of keeping up with who gets what number. I hope T-Dogz all the best but it is highly doubtful he will see his #1 of Carrie. I know that really messed up your numbered set big time. I think PS should just send you a book numbered #1 so your set isn't so screwed up so what if there might be 2 #1s at least you will have your complete set of #1s. Just my thoughts on the entire thing.
    You are WAY OFF man... why would you even suggest something so silly? So you want to start a process of publishers numbering books any old way to please one or two people? That would open up sooo many cans of worms. Forgeries would be easy or de-valuation to name a couple. PS, do not be the one to do something so stupid... I will not be alone in saying your books would then become books to stay away from buying.... my 2 cents on that...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

I like your idea. Then we could all get #1. 946 copies all numbered #1. That would make 945 people happy! #1 of 946 on every book! lets do a straw poll.

Country
    Country Flag

If it wasn't a number 1 I would not have said anything but since he has a set of number ones going what would it hurt? Now if it was any other number I would not even go there.

Country
    Country Flag

When will Thinner and S.C. be released?

Country
    Country Flag

Webstar1000 I do understand what you are saying and some of what you said hadn't even cross my mind. This isn't the first time PS has mixed up the numbers and they should make it right for him don't you think? I didn't mean to do 2 numbers of all the books just the #1 book but I do see what it can lead to. I just hate that something like this happen to anyone I just wished something could be done because more than likely whoever received #! will keep it sorry to say. I am sorry that I have upset some of the members on the site.

Country
    Country Flag

Webstar1000 I do understand what you are saying and some of what you said hadn't even cross my mind. This isn't the first time PS has mixed up the numbers and they should make it right for him don't you think? I didn't mean to do 2 numbers of all the books just the #1 book but I do see what it can lead to. I just hate that something like this happen to anyone I just wished something could be done because more than likely whoever received #! will keep it sorry to say. I am sorry that I have upset some of the members on the site.
    I mentioned in a post earlier that thier mistake should be something for T Dogz. That set is very important to him... but you cannot simply "make one up". I am not upset just would hate to see that happen... Look what Caretaker 217 (Ralph) did... he destroyed a lettered that was a double! He was out $375 bucks! PS needs to make good on their mistake but not at the expense of something sacred.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

You didnt upset me! I just feel sorry that he doesn't have his book. But it appears everything is being done to rectify! but i am sure if whoever gets it and realizes a mistake was made, it will work out in TDogs favor. I am an optimist! The trick will be the person will have to be clued in by reading PS Newsletter or this site. Otherwise, it could go unnoticed for years!

Closet Flipper Frankie has a spectacular aura about Frankie has a spectacular aura about

I don't think you upset anyone. But I do agree with the others. The process shouldn't be perverted just to appease one person. What it hurts is the entire system. There can't be two #1s. I'm not going to ask DMG to make a new #whatever just so it matches the rest of my DT set because I can't find the others. The fact that it was a publisher screwup rather than just time and circumstance makes no difference. It's extremely unfortunate, and I do think the publisher bears some responsibility, but that doesn't mean you can just make another #1.

And if whomever gets #1 drops it on eBay with a 1,000% markup, that's just the way it is. Nothing wrong with it. Capitalism, etc. What the market will bear. Right, guys?

[QUOTE=T-Dogz_AK47;867307]
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
    Make it £250 and you got yourself a deal boys!

No deal! You simply photo-shopped Mr Rabbit Trick's copy #12 to make it look like you have copy #1!!!

The signatures and number one are completely identical between the two images. Both my copy and Stroppygoblin's copy have differences in the hand writing. Your photo does not. It's a very poor attempt at extorting Pete's very generous and noble offer.
    I hope you realize that, rather than a poor attempt at extortion, it was merely an earnest attempt at making a joke that was in (poor) taste. When you make jokes that are in questionable taste, as I am frequently unable to resist doing (I consider it my one character flaw, though friends and family may disagree), you have to resign yourself to the consequences. So if anyone thinks I'm a massive asshole for doing it, I won't argue.

But I will argue that I'm not an extortionist. Again, just an asshole, not an extortionist.

Gunslinger Apprentice MandaBunny will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

I thought it was funny. Rep points for you for lightening the mood here.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm also tossing some rep to you.
    I understand you were tossing out a "funny".
    That being said, certainly the only duplicate limitations should be "PC".

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm gonna go out on my own on this one probably and say PS don't HAVE to do anything to make this right. If a publisher chooses to try and help people match numbers, then good on them. But I don't see it as an absolute right of a purchaser to book that number for life.

I think its great for Pete to do what he is doing to try an encourage the receiver of number one to return it, but don't see that he should have to create a new number, pay T Dogz etc if that solution doesn't present itself.

I get that many will disagree with this opinion, but I just don't see how a purchasr of a book is entitled to anything beyond THAT book s/he has purchased right then.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 182 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 111 161 ... LastLast