Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 182 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 121 ... LastLast

Thread: PS Publishing - Stephen King Anniversary Editions

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    I'm thinking I'll look to collect these when I'm done finishing my first editions and Gift editions...
    I already regard these as "Gift Editions" personally... (YMMV)
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah I can see that pov, but for me, I don't put them in the same category as the likes of CDs IT, SODs, Doc Sleep etc, or Grants Talisman/Blackhouse etc. I had no interest in the recent release of Talisman/Blackhouse since there was already a better quality edition available, and I kind of look at it the same way for Christine and any others to come in this series where there are already previous editions available.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

yeah I agree on the Talisman/Blackhouse set (although I made a reasonable profit on buying and selling it).
    The current Anniversary editions I have to disagree as there are no 'non signed' previous limiteds of these. Much as I'd love the original Christine, Danse Macabre, Cujo, etc they are out of my reach financially. I think the only difference (and its a big one!) between the 25th Anniversary of It and the Anniversary editions of PS and Christine are in terms of quality of production. They are nice but not in the same league. The Shining is a much closer to IT quality wise IMHO.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

The books are a bit expensive for the quality of the product; they should be in the $50-75 range. While anniversary milestones is PS's strategy with this series I would rather they concentrate chronologically on SK books that have never had a unique edition.

Gunslinger Apprentice Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim's Avatar

Ditto!

Insomnia and Talisman had both S/L and gift editions, no need to re-do them.

I would love to see a special edition of Thinner though! With new artists.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    The books are a bit expensive for the quality of the product; they should be in the $50-75 range. While anniversary milestones is PS's strategy with this series I would rather they concentrate chronologically on SK books that have never had a unique edition.
    The absence of a thing, this can be as deadly as the presence. The absence of air, eh?
    The absence of water? The absence of anything else we're addicted to.

- Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Oh and the artist for Thinner is Les Edwards.
    Really? I didn't saw any info about that. Cool!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    I completely agree on all of this. PS is doing an ok job on these- and I'm happier that they exist than not- but they are overpriced for what they are. And yeah- I'd love to see $50-$60 nicely illustrated editions of NIGHT SHIFT and DIFFERENT SEASONS. I certainly don't need an inferior edition of SKELETON CREW... but- I don't have to buy it, and maybe those who don't have the amazing Scream Press edition will want one.

Ron

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not interested in SC but in general I wouldn't mind getting a LE for something I previously missed out on or if the price is too expensive. For example say they release 'Eyes of the Dragon', I'd probably want to get that because there's no way I'm going to be able to pay $500-$1000 for the original edition.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Today is the first time I have ever come into this thread....mostly because I do not collect UK books unless they are limited editions that are actually signed by King.

I am curious how the folks buying these books feel about the facsimile signature.

Personally, I would prefer nothing in the book as opposed to a facsimile.

I think these UK facsimile limited editions cheapen the real S/L to some degree...and also, in the event you had a chance for King to actually sign the book......would you really want him to?
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Today is the first time I have ever come into this thread....mostly because I do not collect UK books unless they are limited editions that are actually signed by King.

I am curious how the folks buying these books feel about the facsimile signature.

Personally, I would prefer nothing in the book as opposed to a facsimile.

I think these UK facsimile limited editions cheapen the real S/L to some degree...and also, in the event you had a chance for King to actually sign the book......would you really want him to?
    I think facsimile signs are pretty pointless and agree that the books would be nicer without them. However, I won't lose any sleep over it and they won't stop me from buying an edition that I like. I just skip that page when I look at them.

PS and Carrie both lack any previous form of limited edition, so I appreciate the chance to get a decent gift/artist edition of those books. I don't need, or even want a s/l of everything he's written.

As far as Christine and Skeleton Crew are concerned, I don't believe either had a gift edition, so I don't feel it cheapens the s/l any more than a typical gift edition would. Facsimile signs are irrelevant to me personally in that situation. It's clear which version has an actual signature.

In my mind these are really no different from the artist editions or Talisman/Black House set that Grant put out. All were signed by everyone but King and are good quality editions of the books.

I also agree completely with Ben Mears comments about the price point and quality level. Nice as these are, they would benefit from higher quality materials.
    Mark Twain

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

In my mind these are really no different from the artist editions or Talisman/Black House set that Grant put out. All were signed by everyone but King and are good quality editions of the books.
    No different apart form the quality from what I hear....

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

In my opinion the facsimile signature is a non topic. I compare it to having a embossed signature on the cover of the book. I don't think I've even taken a moment to look at the facsimile signature. To me it doesn't add any value, but it doesn't detract from the value either, it's just another aesthetic of the book.

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

The reason that any new gift edition are great, IMO, is that with each new edition of a previously released edition, whatever type, we get new illustrated interpretations of characters, scenes, objects, etc... They bring even more life to SK's stories.

But here's the catch, I can only afford to collect the first editions as they come out. There isn't really room in my budget for these at their current price. Sucks for me, but I get to see some of the illustrations b/c of the kindness of you guys.

In other words, I want what I can't have, and am not satisfied with what I have.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    In my opinion the facsimile signature is a non topic. I compare it to having a embossed signature on the cover of the book. I don't think I've even taken a moment to look at the facsimile signature. To me it doesn't add any value, but it doesn't detract from the value either, it's just another aesthetic of the book.
    What he said... ^

Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post
    The reason that any new gift edition are great, IMO, is that with each new edition of a previously released edition, whatever type, we get new illustrated interpretations of characters, scenes, objects, etc... They bring even more life to SK's stories.

But here's the catch, I can only afford to collect the first editions as they come out. There isn't really room in my budget for these at their current price. Sucks for me, but I get to see some of the illustrations b/c of the kindness of you guys.

In other words, I want what I can't have, and am not satisfied with what I have.
    I think this applies to us all here doesn't it? It just varies on degree. I have all the G/E's but can't afford the S/L's, so I am not satisfied. Someone else will have all the S/L's but can't afford the Lettered's, It goes all the way up until you get to Bob. He has everything, but can't own the man himself....

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    ... It goes all the way up until you get to Bob. He has everything, but can't own the man himself....

I think Bob has dibs on SK's mummified corpse when that day comes.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Guys I may be crazy here (or chalk it up to still being quite green) ... but which "call name" is Bob and does he have every lettered or something?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Bob's screen name is carlosdetweiller. He has everything (almost).

John

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Bob's screen name is carlosdetweiller. He has everything (almost).

John
    Ahhhhh wow... I see him all the time. Does he have a thread?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...rlosdetweiller

It hasn't been updated for quite a while, though.

John

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Bob's basement is also known as the "Bobsonium Institute".

All hail Bob (kneeling to one knee)

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Bob's collection was a major contribution to The Stephen King Illustrated Companion.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

When Bob shaves, the stubble in the sink forms an image of King's face...

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Of that I have no doubt - Bob's collection is unparalleled
    We all float down here!

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    When Bob shaves, the stubble in the sink forms an image of King's face...
    Available for the Haven Foundation fundraiser?
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    ... It goes all the way up until you get to Bob. He has everything, but can't own the man himself....
    I think Bob has dibs on SK's mummified corpse when that day comes.
    If i am correct, Steve even has Stephen King's costume from (dont remember what). I believe that he left it the way it was, so didn't wash it. Therefore it still has King's DNA, and for all we know, since he is in the medical field, he could have cloned King from this DNA...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 182 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 121 ... LastLast