+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 155 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 142 ... LastLast
Results 2,276 to 2,300 of 3873

Thread: PS Publishing - Stephen King Anniversary Editions

  1. #2276
    President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has much to be proud of Roseannebarr has much to be proud of Roseannebarr has much to be proud of Roseannebarr has much to be proud of Roseannebarr has much to be proud of Roseannebarr has much to be proud of Roseannebarr has much to be proud of Roseannebarr has much to be proud of Roseannebarr has much to be proud of Roseannebarr has much to be proud of

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,485
    My Mood
    Asleep

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Just out of curiosity what is everyone's thoughts on Skeleton crew and thinner? I am trying to decide it I should buy them or not. I already passed on Carrie since I got the CD one but Thinner is nice as there is no other Limited of it yet, but what about skeleton Crew? I do not own a Scream Press one YET but I plan to soon. With that having a king signature and the new one not is it worth it?
    You passed on Carrie S/L, but bought Thinner as a S/L? If i was going to PASS on anything it would of been Skeleton Crew. Carrie and Thinner did not have a previous S/L, the expense for these two books is way out of my league, but i bought them anyway.

    If it is a choice between S/L Skeleton Crew PS or the previous version, I would choose the previous one. 1/3 the price and already a classic.

    Just my opinion.

  2. #2277
    Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Austin Texas
    Posts
    2,671
    My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Just out of curiosity what is everyone's thoughts on Skeleton crew and thinner? I am trying to decide it I should buy them or not. I already passed on Carrie since I got the CD one but Thinner is nice as there is no other Limited of it yet, but what about skeleton Crew? I do not own a Scream Press one YET but I plan to soon. With that having a king signature and the new one not is it worth it?
    You passed on Carrie S/L, but bought Thinner as a S/L? If i was going to PASS on anything it would of been Skeleton Crew. Carrie and Thinner did not have a previous S/L, the expense for these two books is way out of my league, but i bought them anyway.

    If it is a choice between S/L Skeleton Crew PS or the previous version, I would choose the previous one. 1/3 the price and already a classic.

    Just my opinion.
    I already have the Carrie from CD didn't care about two Artist editions. As for Thinner I have not bought it yet but seriously contemplating it. Also not sure what edition you are talking about for SC since the previous one is going for $700 on the low end. More curious how many people are doubling up on these artist editions without Kings signature on it.

  3. #2278
    Guardian of the Beam TCCBodhi is a name known to all TCCBodhi is a name known to all TCCBodhi is a name known to all TCCBodhi is a name known to all TCCBodhi is a name known to all TCCBodhi is a name known to all TCCBodhi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Irving, TX, USA
    Posts
    3,262
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    It appears now that I'm joining the ranks of getting both CD & PS editions....just hopped onto PS and backordered all but Faithful. I'll have both Artist versions of CD's Carrie now, the gift one with that nice remarque, and the Portfolio with extras & the Salem's Lot with both remarques. I'm kind of hoping that we don't have any SK Signed versions, because I'm pretty well tapped after all of that.
    WANTED
    The Stand: S/L
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance release
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

    TRADE/SALE
    Fangoria: CD Lettered J

  4. #2279
    Guardian of the Beam jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Worcestershire, UK
    Posts
    3,277
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    I am getting both PS and CD's anniversary editions. I would recommend getting Thinner but what i've seen so far of Skeleton Crew I would get the Scream press version.

  5. #2280
    Weedeater frik is a jewel in the rough frik is a jewel in the rough frik is a jewel in the rough frik is a jewel in the rough frik's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Rotterdam, The Netherlands
    Posts
    3,626
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    The Scream Press Skeleton Crew was one of my first King limiteds; I think it was my 2nd.
    It's still one of my favorites.
    Still, I'm looking forwards to the PS edition. I'm in the minority here, but I like what I've seen so far.

    sk

  6. #2281
    Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    2,427
    My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post
    It appears now that I'm joining the ranks of getting both CD & PS editions....just hopped onto PS and backordered all but Faithful. I'll have both Artist versions of CD's Carrie now, the gift one with that nice remarque, and the Portfolio with extras & the Salem's Lot with both remarques. I'm kind of hoping that we don't have any SK Signed versions, because I'm pretty well tapped after all of that.
    Faithful isn't PS (at least I don't know of a ps edition) It's Books for Benefit, which is run by Brian from CD and distributed through them.

  7. #2282
    Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,921

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post
    It appears now that I'm joining the ranks of getting both CD & PS editions....just hopped onto PS and backordered all but Faithful. I'll have both Artist versions of CD's Carrie now, the gift one with that nice remarque, and the Portfolio with extras & the Salem's Lot with both remarques. I'm kind of hoping that we don't have any SK Signed versions, because I'm pretty well tapped after all of that.
    Faithful isn't PS (at least I don't know of a ps edition) It's Books for Benefit, which is run by Brian from CD and distributed through them.
    You are right. But the way things are going it wouldn't surprise me if PS didn't rush to get out their own edition of Faithful.

  8. #2283
    Guardian of the Beam TCCBodhi is a name known to all TCCBodhi is a name known to all TCCBodhi is a name known to all TCCBodhi is a name known to all TCCBodhi is a name known to all TCCBodhi is a name known to all TCCBodhi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Irving, TX, USA
    Posts
    3,262
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Once again my apologies on my inaccuracies, particularly to Brian, CD and Books To Benefit. I didn't realize I was looking at their edition through the PS site (especially since it too, just coincidentally was an "Anniversary Edition").
    WANTED
    The Stand: S/L
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance release
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

    TRADE/SALE
    Fangoria: CD Lettered J

  9. #2284
    Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    2,427
    My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post
    Once again my apologies on my inaccuracies, particularly to Brian, CD and Books To Benefit. I didn't realize I was looking at their edition through the PS site (especially since it too, just coincidentally was an "Anniversary Edition").
    No apology necessary, just passing on the info!

  10. #2285
    Servant of Gan allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    1,658
    My Mood
    Confused
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    CD just sent me an email regarding my numbered copy of PS limited of Skeleton Crew. I'm matching the numbers. If anyone was curious, CD listed it for 99.99. I know most don't like the current possible artwork cover. To me, less is more. Maybe mist surrounding a monkey holding a skull? I have purchased it regardless.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

  11. #2286
    Guardian of the Beam TCCBodhi is a name known to all TCCBodhi is a name known to all TCCBodhi is a name known to all TCCBodhi is a name known to all TCCBodhi is a name known to all TCCBodhi is a name known to all TCCBodhi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Irving, TX, USA
    Posts
    3,262
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Pete from PS checked into this thread a bit ago and it appears that they're going to have another go at the actual cover.

    Quote Originally Posted by pete at pspublishing View Post
    Hi Folks

    Yes, it's me . . . back to face the music. Sorry for the prolonged absence: busybusybusy with LOTS of work but also we're going through a bit of a family 'situation' that's burning up all spare (hah!) time and energy.

    Okay, humour me, anyone who asked a question to which they didn't get an answer, and post the question here or send it to me at editor@pspublishing.co.uk and I'll do my best to sort it out.

    I guess the first order of the day is the cover to SKELETON CREW. The reaction has been pretty damning--not 100% negative but very close to it--so I think we all of us here at PS need to re-think. I'll speak with Mike, who heads up our design team, and consider using the piece as one of the endpapers (or dropping it entirely) . . . which would mean our using one of the other pieces as a replacement cover.

    I'm sure Pete (Von Sholly) will be disappointed at the reaction but, like me, he's a big boy and perfectly able to deal with the situation in a professional manner. That's the beauty of this forum: it enables all of us here at PS to get right down to brass tacks with the customer. Believe me, nothing will happen until I'm reasonably happy that most folks are cool about whatever we decide.

    Until then, keep me posted with comments and questions. Looking forward to hearing from you all.

    Best wishes

    Pete
    WANTED
    The Stand: S/L
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance release
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

    TRADE/SALE
    Fangoria: CD Lettered J

  12. #2287
    Owner Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, Thankfully 700 miles from Bill
    Posts
    39,189
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller

    You are right. But the way things are going it wouldn't surprise me if PS didn't rush to get out their own edition of Faithful.
    Almost done.
    Chadbourne is finishing the pieces. He did one sketch for every game (162) and then two for each postseason game.
    Maybe another day or two...

  13. #2288
    Guardian of the Beam TCCBodhi is a name known to all TCCBodhi is a name known to all TCCBodhi is a name known to all TCCBodhi is a name known to all TCCBodhi is a name known to all TCCBodhi is a name known to all TCCBodhi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Irving, TX, USA
    Posts
    3,262
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Visions of Tom Hanks yelling "There's no BLOOD in baseball!"
    WANTED
    The Stand: S/L
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance release
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

    TRADE/SALE
    Fangoria: CD Lettered J

  14. #2289
    Honky Mahfah Ari_Racing has much to be proud of Ari_Racing has much to be proud of Ari_Racing has much to be proud of Ari_Racing has much to be proud of Ari_Racing has much to be proud of Ari_Racing has much to be proud of Ari_Racing has much to be proud of Ari_Racing has much to be proud of Ari_Racing's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Adrogué, Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    7,677
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Jerome, don't forget about remarqued copies, please
    Wanted list:
    The girl who loved tom gordon ARC with King's letter
    The Plant #3 Unsigned.
    Maximum Overdrive Cardboard truck

  15. #2290
    Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Yankee Stadium
    Posts
    27,745
    My Mood
    Innocent
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post
    Visions of Tom Hanks yelling "There's no BLOOD in baseball!"

    "Crying" my friend, crying!! LOL LOL

  16. #2291
    Gunslinger Apprentice KingKorn will become famous soon enough KingKorn will become famous soon enough KingKorn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    135
    My Mood
    Inspired

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller

    You are right. But the way things are going it wouldn't surprise me if PS didn't rush to get out their own edition of Faithful.
    Almost done.
    Chadbourne is finishing the pieces. He did one sketch for every game (162) and then two for each postseason game.
    Maybe another day or two...
    I don't often actually LOL at forum posts. I might chuckle quietly. But this one got a real deal lol. Cheers for the laugh, RF.

  17. #2292
    Gunslinger Apprentice pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    222

    Default

    Hi guys

    Once again I have to apologise. We're swamped with stuff and Mike's away for a few days . . . plus I'm away on Wednesday until the following weekend. I'm treating myself now with a little foray into the message board--hopefully this'll ease some concerns.

    I don't agree with the numerous thumbs-down messages about Pete Von Sholly's 'busy' and 'cluttered' cover but, you know, when it comes right down to it, it don't matter diddly what I think. The customer is king and my job is to make sure they feel that way.

    Interestingly, we got several emails saying they loved the cover as it was and didn't want it changed--I just got another one in today. So there you go. We're going to do the cover we originally had, maybe 100 or 200 copies. The rest will be a new 'unbusy' and 'uncluttered' piece. The short-run one will go only to folks who request it.

    More soon

    Pete

  18. #2293
    Guardian of the Beam jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Worcestershire, UK
    Posts
    3,277
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Great two variants! I liked that with Thinner. By the way how's it going with the Deluxe Thinner.

  19. #2294
    Vagrant Dead WeDealInLead is a splendid one to behold WeDealInLead is a splendid one to behold WeDealInLead is a splendid one to behold WeDealInLead is a splendid one to behold WeDealInLead is a splendid one to behold WeDealInLead is a splendid one to behold WeDealInLead is a splendid one to behold WeDealInLead is a splendid one to behold

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    4,109
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Nice. Both camps should be happy.

  20. #2295
    Gunslinger Apprentice pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    222

    Default

    The signing sections are heading Maine-wards next week. Meanwhile, all the other elements are well underway.

    As soon as I get confirmation on the Introducer and Artist on our edition of 'SALEM'S LOT I'll post it here.

    Best

    Pete

  21. #2296
    Guardian of the Beam jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Worcestershire, UK
    Posts
    3,277
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Thanks Pete. Looking forward to it.

  22. #2297
    Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,911
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Can we order both variants through CD like I did with Thinner? If so, can I assume they will number whichever one I want to follow my series?

  23. #2298
    Servant of Gan allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    1,658
    My Mood
    Confused
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Can we order both variants through CD like I did with Thinner? If so, can I assume they will number whichever one I want to follow my series?
    Yes. I initially had the same interest and problem. I talked to Pete and Mindy. I initially bought the first 2 books of the series from CD. CD in turn gets the numbered ones purchased through them from PS. I was in a tailspin wanted, needing, to match the numbers as I was looking here. CD had them in their possession and I never got an email about buying them....I think. I contacted CD about it and they had them. So the first 4 books are matching numbered and they just sent me info for matching Skeleton Crew the other day for me.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

  24. #2299
    Weedeater frik is a jewel in the rough frik is a jewel in the rough frik is a jewel in the rough frik is a jewel in the rough frik's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Rotterdam, The Netherlands
    Posts
    3,626
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pete at pspublishing View Post
    We're going to do the cover we originally had, maybe 100 or 200 copies. The rest will be a new 'unbusy' and 'uncluttered' piece.
    Terriffic news! I love the original cover - I'm glad you're making it available.
    So how do I make sure that's the actual cover I'll be receiving? Send Nicky a message?

    And this time I think I want the uncluttered variant as well!

    sk

  25. #2300
    Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    2,427
    My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Another comment on the cover, and this is just my opinion of course, but when it comes to fonts, I find it's better to not add any major embellishments to the font. For example, adding a drop shadow, glow, bevel or embossing, etc. And of course, the choice of font. I've always been of the opinion that the font style used on a cover has such as important part to play in the overall design. A poorly chosen font, with various 'effects' applied can really hurt the look.
    Quote Originally Posted by pete at pspublishing View Post
    Hi guys

    Once again I have to apologise. We're swamped with stuff and Mike's away for a few days . . . plus I'm away on Wednesday until the following weekend. I'm treating myself now with a little foray into the message board--hopefully this'll ease some concerns.

    I don't agree with the numerous thumbs-down messages about Pete Von Sholly's 'busy' and 'cluttered' cover but, you know, when it comes right down to it, it don't matter diddly what I think. The customer is king and my job is to make sure they feel that way.

    Interestingly, we got several emails saying they loved the cover as it was and didn't want it changed--I just got another one in today. So there you go. We're going to do the cover we originally had, maybe 100 or 200 copies. The rest will be a new 'unbusy' and 'uncluttered' piece. The short-run one will go only to folks who request it.

    More soon

    Pete
    Will the original art be available through distributors or just the PS website itself?

    Can't wait for more info on 'Salem's Lot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 155 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 142 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts