Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 162 of 182 FirstFirst ... 62 112 152 160 161 162 163 164 172 ... LastLast
Results 4,026 to 4,050 of 4536

Thread: PS Publishing - Stephen King Anniversary Editions

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

We must be living in a time of milk and honey when there is enough disposable income to crash servers while trying to buy a book written decades ago that is priced over $100. To be honest, the art work is kind of ho hum but I still have to have it! I don't remember the Stephen King market being this crazy until just a few years ago. Maybe the generation who grew up reading his best books are now at the height of our income.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    Maybe the generation who grew up reading his best books are now at the height of our income.
    I think that's it, right there.

For me, I'm getting this one because I only have a BCE of Dead Zone and I want a nice new edition. I think the art is fantastic too.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

In my effort to focus my collecting, the PS Publishing editions have fallen by the wayside (and the ones I had, sold). It does look like a nice book, though.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Just got it thru Sub Press, over $140, will match my previous numbers, but like it's been said, I don't need it, but I just have to have it, even though I have no place to put it (and please, no suggestions of just where I can put it).
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I don't need it, but I just have to have it
    What’s the difference?

As for me, I’m collecting all PS editions, except for the Doubleday books that CD has done or will do in the future. One thing I particularly like is the enormous amount of art in them. I mean, thirty pieces in a 460-page book, who does that?

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

One way to look at it is if you want the only Limited Editions of Thinner, Pet Sematary,Night Shift, Tommyknockers, and The Dead Zone (do not think Easton is "limited") in the world then you can get PS.

seeking: anything DT#246
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Munnecom View Post
    What’s the difference?

As for me, I’m collecting all PS editions, except for the Doubleday books that CD has done or will do in the future. One thing I particularly like is the enormous amount of art in them. I mean, thirty pieces in a 460-page book, who does that?
    what's the difference? WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE? ??WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE?? !!!???WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE!!!???

Heck, I don't know...
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Munnecom View Post
    What’s the difference?

what's the difference? WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE? ??WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE?? !!!???WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE!!!???

Heck, I don't know...
    Well, the PS books are much smaller so you can fit them on your bookcase with ease. That’s a plus.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    In my effort to focus my collecting, the PS Publishing editions have fallen by the wayside (and the ones I had, sold). It does look like a nice book, though.
    Same here as far as falling by the wayside. If you're not a letter holder of these productions, I don't see the point.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Same here as far as falling by the wayside. If you're not a letter holder of these productions, I don't see the point.
    Well I think they’re a little better than the CD Gift Editions of the DD years because these are signed by the artist and the introducer.

Also it seems The Dead Zone is now sold out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Well I think they’re a little better than the CD Gift Editions of the DD years because these are signed by the artist and the introducer.

Better than the CD ones?! Have you held them both in your hands? Dude there is no comparison... CD’s are FAR superior man.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

Better than the CD ones?! Have you held them both in your hands? Dude there is no comparison... CD’s are FAR superior man.

Just my opinion but I have to agree too, CD's Quality is much better. I do like the 3 book sets though.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Honesty, the only GEs worth their salt these days are Suntup's. The production far outweighs the cost.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I wouldn't go that far. As gift editions they are nice enough. I'm already getting the CD Doubleday gift editions, though - prepaid, so I'm locked in - and I didn't see the need to collect both sets.

(Personally, I'm veering away from gift editions, generally, too, which was a factor. I also don't care for some of the design aspects of the PS volumes - although the artwork of Tommyknockers and The Stand has some appeal).

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah I wasn't making the comparison over quality of materials. I was basically responding to the question of the point of the PS editions. As far their right to exist, I'd say they have enough elements (art, signatures) that place them as worthy additions.

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I ended up ordering directly from PS which I usually do. After the initial hiccups I was able to order right away.
    Good point that Richard X made!

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I love the art on the slipcase.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes sir, I'm so glad I ordered one of these. WOW!

Thank you for sharing.

Hopefully my copy will be in soon to see the artwork in person.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    I love the art on the slipcase.

I agree. For me this is the best artwork of all PS's editions thus far.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

My copy of PS's The Stand has some major issues. I have contacted Pete and Nicky, but no response as yet.
    Hopefully mine is a one off, but if you have not looked closely at your copy, I'd advise doing so rather than just putting it on the shelf. Mine looked fine at first glance, but there are some issues with the binding that can only be seen if you look through the pages of each book.

For the record, I am 100% confident that Pete and his crew will sort this issue out as they have never failed me in the past, I'm only posting here to ensure others check for similar production problems.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    My copy of PS's The Stand has some major issues. I have contacted Pete and Nicky, but no response as yet.
    Hopefully mine is a one off, but if you have not looked closely at your copy, I'd advise doing so rather than just putting it on the shelf. Mine looked fine at first glance, but there are some issues with the binding that can only be seen if you look through the pages of each book.

For the record, I am 100% confident that Pete and his crew will sort this issue out as they have never failed me in the past, I'm only posting here to ensure others check for similar production problems.
    pics Simon?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

pics Simon?
    Hera are a couple...
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

pics Simon?
    Hera are a couple...
    That is a perfect binder issue. That glued section didn't set. I bet there will be more with this issue sadly. Dammm
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

YIKES. Was it limited to the one book in the one place? Or were there issues with the other volumes?

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

YIKES. Was it limited to the one book in the one place? Or were there issues with the other volumes?
    Vol 2 was the worst, there are other issues with pages not being separated by the trimming, but this all probably stems from the same cause, ie the binding not being glued correctly.
    Vol 1 also has one page that is skewed
    Vol 3 was fine.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 162 of 182 FirstFirst ... 62 112 152 160 161 162 163 164 172 ... LastLast