49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fine no problem with rubbing

14 28.57%
  • Damaged due to rubbing/ink transfer

35 71.43%
Page 112 of 117 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 110 111 112 113 114 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,800 of 2918

Thread: The Shining S/L from Subterranean Press

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

The initial email from SP indicated a sale price of $2000 for the set, but it sounds as though that was reduced to $1500

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    And, the price is now $1550 for the set.
    Bump
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, guys. The thread posts make sense to me now in that context.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Traveler strange.ink is on a distinguished road strange.ink's Avatar

Posted this in the ARC/Proof thread, wanted it here as well:

Camelot Books just offered a proof of the Subterranean Press edition of THE SHINING, which I was lucky enough to grab.

For those of you who may've seen this, any thoughts on desirability and value? It wasn't cheap, but I recall a comment on the SubPress website or in a Newsletter that "a handful" or "about ten" were done. I haven't heard anything additional, or seen any reference to the proof elsewhere.

Any input would be welcome.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by strange.ink View Post

Camelot Books just offered a proof of the Subterranean Press edition of THE SHINING, which I was lucky enough to grab.

For those of you who may've seen this, any thoughts on desirability and value? It wasn't cheap, but I recall a comment on the SubPress website or in a Newsletter that "a handful" or "about ten" were done. I haven't heard anything additional, or seen any reference to the proof elsewhere.

While it may be scarce, I think it really only appeals to proof collectors, and king completists. It's not a proof of the original, it's a proof of a reprint basically.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post

While it may be scarce, I think it really only appeals to proof collectors, and king completists. It's not a proof of the original, it's a proof of a reprint basically.
    The CD Proofs of IT are a proof of a reprint and are pretty rare. Fetching top $$$ ($1,000+ I think)….

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post

The CD Proofs of IT are a proof of a reprint and are pretty rare. Fetching top $$$ ($1,000+ I think)….
    I think that you will only get that top money for guys who want to be completists - I have no interest in owning it unless I was buying it to trade it for something. Once those guys have it, you have no one left who wants it at that price point. I am probably in the minority here but oh well. I would MUCH rather have a shining proof from Doubleday.

Gunslinger Apprentice Tony will become famous soon enough Tony will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

I have a copy of the proof. It's a pretty nice item to have, especially if you like the SL and have a copy to go along with it, they look nice together. I can't speak towards the value of it.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post

I think that you will only get that top money for guys who want to be completists - I have no interest in owning it unless I was buying it to trade it for something. Once those guys have it, you have no one left who wants it at that price point. I am probably in the minority here but oh well. I would MUCH rather have a shining proof from Doubleday.
    I am a proof collector and I completely agree. Proofs of reprints do not interest me. Scarcity is not the only factor of importance when it comes to desirability or value (at least to me).

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Special shout out of thanks for Sub Press providing the Gift edition of The Shining for our Grand Prize winner.
    The book arrived two days ago.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Special shout out of thanks for Sub Press providing the Gift edition of The Shining for our Grand Prize winner.

John

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

"One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

John
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Well done, William. Very nice of you!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

My personal thanks to you for donating this book, Bill. I'm blessed to have had the luck to be drawn for the grand prize this year and I really appreciate your generosity!

I'll be sure to post pictures here when the book arrives with me.

Thank you,
    Rachel
    Selling EVERYTHING! Come and get it!

(Except my Gunslinger First Edition. That ain't going nowhere. It's the only one I'm keeping, can't let that go)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Absolutely!!! Another valued HF contributor!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone know when the dust jackets are coming?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Traveler strange.ink is on a distinguished road strange.ink's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Anyone know when the dust jackets are coming?
    Note from Subterranean Press this morning that the jackets are shipping.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Here's the note:

Hey all,

Just a quite note to let you know that we're sending out the exclusive Limited Edition dust jackets for The Shining. We have a good 700+ mailing tubes on hand. It may take us a day or three -- as some of the shipping staff is out -- to get everyone's shipment in the mail. Thanks for being patient.

For those waiting for replacement traycases, those should follow soon.

As ever, thanks for all of your enthusiasm and support,

Bill

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not sure I will put the new DJ on until I receive the traycase.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Just got my shipping notification from Sub Press.

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Just got my shipping notification from Sub Press.
    Me too. It's on its way.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I may just keep my DJ rolled up for now - I put a glassine jacket on my book already.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    I may just keep my DJ rolled up for now - I put a glassine jacket on my book already.
    Interesting.... I thought about doing get the same... But I decided to put it on the book. Wonder what others will do???
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Fret about it.

Page 112 of 117 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 110 111 112 113 114 ... LastLast