Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Bev Vincent--The Road to the Dark Tower

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Still too far away. I haven't even proposed it to the publisher. The editor who worked with me on the project originally is no longer with the company, so it might be complicated, but I'll certainly suggest it when the time comes.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

My newest Dark Tower collectible and it's a beautiful one... I love it.

The Road To The Dark Tower by Bev Vincent
    Traycased Lettered Edition - letter ZZ
    Includes signatures and Glenn Chadbourne remarque.

Book and tray case :

Book lettered ZZ ! :

The amazing Chadbourne remarque :

Remarque with Chadbourne and Bev Vincent sigs :
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very, very, very nice Turtlex. What a handsome book!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way, thank you again for the bookmarks I just love them to death!!!! they are so waaaaaaaaayyyyyyy cool!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Merlin - You're very welcome for the bookmarks...

... and I can highly recommend this book, and if you can get this edition - with the cool tray case, even better.

I'm glad I have another copy ( you know - regular amazon purchase ) as this one is very special and I can tell you, it won't be a reading copy.

It's beautiful.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure it is and you are very lucky to have a copy (wish I did!!! lol) Those bookmarks were absolute works of art that I will treasure. Many Thanks
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Yesterday, Bob LeDrew and I talked about Dark Tower stuff for over half an hour for Episode 13 of his Kingcast webcast. This was before the Universal announcement, of course.

Here's an essay that might interest you at FEARNet: Whatever happened to Danny Torrance?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Here's an essay that might interest you at FEARNet: Whatever happened to Danny Torrance?
    Awesome!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

That is worth reading.

Did FEAR do it?
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I do!

I'm currently working with the copy-edited manuscript of my third book, The Dark Tower Companion, to be published by New American Library (Penguin) in April. This massive companion is 50% longer than The Road to the Dark Tower. It covers not only the eight books of King's series, but also the Marvel graphic novel adaptations. I interviewed King for the book, along with Robin Furth, Richard Isanove (colorist), Peter David (script), Jae Lee (artist) and most of the subsequent artists. I also, much to my great delight, got to talk with Ron Howard and Akiva Goldsman about how they plan to adapt the series. Click on the smaller image below to see a full-sized version of the great cover by Spanish artist Nekro.

AN ALL-NEW COMPREHENSIVE GUIDE TO ONE OF THE MOST BRILLIANTLY CONSTRUCTED WORLDS IN ALL OF FICTION

Stephen King’s bestselling multi-volume Dark Tower series is the author’s most inspired and imaginative creation. The story of Roland Deschain of Gilead, the last gunslinger, and his lifelong quest to reach the tower and save humanity across infinite parallel worlds is one that has consumed King throughout his career as characters and concepts crossed back and forth between the series and the rest of his fictional universe. The mythos continues to be chronicled and expanded in graphic novels overseen by King, interactive adventures on his website, a proposed film adaptation, and in a new Dark Tower novel.

The Dark Tower Companion is the ultimate compendium to King’s evolving magnum opus, presenting the mythology, history, and geography of this epic fantasy that has captivated generations of readers. Featuring interviews with Stephen King, Ron Howard, Dark Tower expert Robin Furth and others, Bev Vincent reveals The Dark Tower’s influential literary origins, examines its connections to the vast majority of King’s other novels, explores the expanded universe, catalogs the major characters, locations and concepts, and includes a travel guide to the story’s real-world locations, giving fans who have followed Roland’s journey—or those who are discovering it for the first time—a fascinating overview of the series and an inside look at the creative process of one of the world’s most popular authors.

Publisher: NAL Trade (April 2, 2013)
    Language: English
    ISBN-10: 0451237994
    ISBN-13: 978-0451237996
    560 pages | trade paperback | Kindle eBook

(click for larger version)

Announcing TWENTY-FIRST CENTURY KING

Author: Bev Vincent
    Page Count: 50
    Pub. Date: November 30, 2012

About the Book:
    Since the turn of the century, Bev Vincent, author of The Stephen King Illustrated Companion and The Road to the Dark Tower, has been reviewing the works of Stephen King. These reviews have been published in a variety of venues, including Onyx Reviews, The Essential Stephen King, FEARnet, the Conroe Courier, and Cemetery Dance magazine.

Twenty-First Century King collects these reviews for the first time, starting with Riding the Bullet, King's first published work after his near-fatal accident in 1999. The twenty-one reviews (amounting to nearly 21,000 words) cover works of non-fiction, collections, collaborations, pseudonymous works and novels, including five books from the Dark Tower series.

Bev Vincent is the author of three books: The Road to the Dark Tower, The Stephen King Illustrated Companion, and the forthcoming The Dark Tower Companion (NAL, April 2013). He co-edited The Illustrated Stephen King Trivia Book and has been writing News from the Dead Zone for Cemetery Dance since 2001. He is the author of over seventy short stories, including appearances in Ellery Queen's Mystery Magazine, Cemetery Dance, Shivers (II, IV, VI & VII), and When the Night Comes Down, which contains four of his stories. His story "The Bank Job" won the 2010 Al Blanchard Award, and he has been nominated for the Bram Stoker Award (twice) and the Edgar Award. He reviews at Onyx Reviews and blogs on writing for Storytellers Unplugged. Visit him on the web at bevvincent.com.

Published as:
    • Signed Limited Edition Chapbook with a glossy cover limited to just 750 copies signed by the author ($12)

Kev Quigley reviews Twentieth Century King

Wasn't sure where to post this, so I'm sticking it here! From a gathering before The Dark Tower premiere in Bangor.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

If anyone wants to listen to me prattle on about King-related stuff for 90 minutes, I'm the guest on today's edition of the KingCast podcast.

Robin Furth and I spent a couple of hours talking Dark Tower & Stephen King stuff at Abstract Transmissions:

Last edited by Bev Vincent; 08-07-2021 at 06:49 AM.

I spent 90 minutes discussing the Dark Tower

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Great stuff, Bev!!! You really offer some interesting insights and perspectives!!! You're a real treasure for this site!!! Thank you.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks! Always happy to talk Dark Tower.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

So apparently I've been pronouncing Gilead wrong all these years.

I always though the G had more of a J sound like "jilly-add" instead of the hard G sound.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    So apparently I've been pronouncing Gilead wrong all these years.

I always though the G had more of a J sound like "jilly-add" instead of the hard G sound.
    It's like the one in the Bible. Or the pharmaceutical company.

Dark Tower Radio -- Episode 131: Dark Tower IV Wizard and Glass Palaver description

On this episode we are going back to the path of the beam and the last gunslinger and his Ka-tet and just in time for the 25th anniversary of the fourth installment of the Dark Tower Series Wizard and Glass. Joining Jeremy for this palaver is returning guest Author and Dark Tower wizard Bev Vincent. The two talk about the release of this long anticipated book that came out 6 yrs after the cliffhanger third installment The Wastelands. They share their thoughts on this often divisive chapter in the journey to the Dark Tower and its place in King's magnum opus. So hunker down and light your devil grass and tune your dial to Dark Tower Radio.

Dark Tower Radio -- Episode 138: Dark Tower 5 Wolves of the Calla Review w/Bev Vincent

It's time once again to head through the Unfound Door and review the next installment in the Dark Tower Series just in time for its 20th anniversary The Wolves of the Calla. Joining the podcast once again for this review is author, constant reader and tower junkie Bev Vincent. Jeremy and Bev palaver about the importance of this installment in the series and how a tragedy in King's real life influenced the last Gunslinger's journey to the Tower in the last three installments of the series. So hunker down and light some devil grass and tune the dial to Dark Tower Radio.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast