Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Bev Vincent--The Road to the Dark Tower

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Bev Vincent--The Road to the Dark Tower

Bev Vincent

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Road-Dark-Tower-Exploring-Stephen/dp/0451213041"]Buy the Book at Amazon![/ame]

There was some discussion starting about Bev's book. We are very pleased to have him as a member of the site and I personally love the informative comments he makes here.

So this thread is for the book--please go out and buy it if you haven't, its a wonderful thing.

The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Completely agreed Matt. While I don't agree with all of Mr. Vincent's views of the Dark Tower series, I do think it is a very well written book and an enjoyable one to read most importantly. A must for any Tower Junkie.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

And it makes a great Christmas gift for the Dark Tower fan in your life!

Much appreciated!

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

As are you sir, thanks for being here.

Alright you guys, you have an incredible resource here for questions or motivation on this book.

Also any general questions for the man himself.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

If anyone is interested in reading my most recently published short story, visit http://www.horrorworld.org during the month of January. It's up now: In a Country Churchyard.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

**goes out to read it**

Thanks for the heads up Bev

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

ok, i know what i will be reading tonight. thanks Bev, looking fwd to it.

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Bev. TRTTDT is a great read and one of my favorite Cemetery Dance limited editions!!!!

And, it's nice that you aren't afraid to personalize books for your fans.

Congrats on the new short story!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey, I've got a limited edition too. Should I mail it to Bev for an inscription?

Glad you're here, Bev! Thanks for sharing your insight.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Mailing the LE of RTTDT back and forth would probably be very expensive for you, but I'd be willing to inscribe it if you wanted.

See http://www.bevvincent.com/contact.html for information about how the process works.

Note that I also offer signed bookplates free of charge to anyone who requests them.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That sounds cool!

Thanks Bev

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Patrick's got LOTS of money!!! He can do it!

Yes, the Trivia Book was very cost effective and thanks to Bev's bookplate, my trade paperback of TRTTDT is signed as well.

My Apex Digest story "Sufficiently Advanced" is up for contention in SF short story at the Preditors and Editors readers poll. If you feel up for a vote, visit: http://www.critters.org/predpoll/shortstorysf.shtml

The story won Apex's 2006 Halloween Contest and was published in Apex Digest #9 last March.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

C;mon guys, get voting. Bev is at # 3.

Standings for category: shortstorysf
    1. Go Between, Dayna Hart, Samhain Publishing, http://samhainpublishing.com/
    2. Narian Summer, Tianna Xander & Bonnie Rose Leigh, Cobblestone Press, http://www.cobblestone-press.com
    3. Sufficiently Advanced, Bev Vincent, Apex Digest, http://www.apexdigest.com/

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Voted, thanks for pointing this out Bev

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh yay. I must get this book.

Bev - amazing to have you here - I might have lots of silly questions. I am good at them.
    How long did it take to write this book?

Roland would have understood.

Country
    Country Flag

Voted

Citizen of Gilead ATG is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag
    "The Constitution shall never be construed....to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms" (Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87)

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    How long did it take to write this book?
    I got the idea in October 2002, wrote a proposal and got a deal with a publisher in January 2003 and turned the book into the publisher in August 2003. I then did revisions in October-November. So, the better part of a year, off and on. Six intense months in early '03, and then revisions off and on for the rest of the year. Some proofreading in early '04.

It helped immensely that King gave me the manuscripts to DT5-7 two years before the books were published so I could get a book ready to come out the same time as DT7 was published.

Country
    Country Flag

[quote=Bev Vincent;86308]
    Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    It helped immensely that King gave me the manuscripts to DT5-7 two years before the books were published so I could get a book ready to come out the same time as DT7 was published.

YOU KNEW!!!???!!!!

Awesome, Bev. Congrats on the success of the book.

Yeah, and I couldn't talk about it with anyone for the longest time. Finally my editor also received permission to read the manuscripts since he had to work on my book, so I had one other person on the planet I could talk about it with.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That must have been amazing!! To finally have someone else to talk to about it.

Wow!!

Citizen of Gilead ATG is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Man, that is awesome!
    "The Constitution shall never be construed....to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms" (Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87)

For those who are really interested in the process, you can read my Road to the Dark Tower weblog, though it's in a jumbled order.

Country
    Country Flag

And, I guess it goes without saying that Sai King was very generous to allow you to read the manuscripts in order to publish your book. It turned out to be a great success and I was pleased to first see (and purchase) your book at our local mall.

I was also pleased when they moved if from the "V" section to the "K" section with the other DT books.

What's your preference (assuming it can't be shelved in both places)--shelved under Vincent or King?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast