Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Mr. Mercedes - New Novel, June 2014

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Mr. Mercedes - New Novel, June 2014

Stephen King mentions a new novel he is working on. Not supernatural, but a detective novel involving a person who drove a car into a crowd of people and then taunted the Detective who handled the case after his retirement.
    Apparently what started as a short story has turned into a 500 page manuscript.

Link-click on Stephen King On Twilight, 50 Shades of Grey, Lovecraft & More
    http://www.uml.edu/Chancellor/Speake...ng-Videos.aspx

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

One more new story..... Sounds interesting !!!

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sweet, can't wait!

Gunslinger Apprentice you ever seen a ghost? is on a distinguished road

but you will. a very long time.

until, like, 2014.

-justin

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

With two books scheduled for 2013 that is understandable. It still is a topic that King mentioned and someone has to be an "early" poster about it.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sounds great. I think this was already mentioned by someone in the main UMass thread, but it's good to have a separate thread for it to keep track of its progress. I'm really enjoying King exploring non-supernatural stories, such as with some of his recent short stories, and likely Joyland and also this upcoming novel.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Joyland does have a supernatural element -- it's the first Hard Case Crime book to do so.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Fascinating interview. He discusses the new book from ~6:20-15:38 in the video.

Country
    Country Flag

And I believe he also talks a bit about it toward the end of the talk.

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This one doesn't sound all that interesting. SK must be on some kind of hard boiled Raymond Chandler detective kick. I tend to prefer the old fashioned horror story, but I'll still read them all.

Country
    Country Flag

I'm with King when he says that you can call him a "horror writer" but that's not exactly what he is and it's great seeing him doing more mainstream literature. Of course we know that Doctor Sleep will be an old-school horror novel, but he's done several things recently that make me think "Mr. Mercedes" (or whatever it'll eventually be called) will be a great, harsh book - and scary! - in the vein of the stories in "Full Dark, No Stars".

Country
    Country Flag

P.S.: I do hope the title gets changed.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    This one doesn't sound all that interesting. SK must be on some kind of hard boiled Raymond Chandler detective kick. I tend to prefer the old fashioned horror story, but I'll still read them all.
    I personally like what he told us about it, as well as the title
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I wonder if it's set in South Carolina? Might get another chance to meet him if he comes down here to do a signing.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was the one in the audience who asked King about Flagg at the 38:26 mark.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes I inquired about this at SKMB, Ms. Mod stated it would be at least 2014 before we see this one, and Mr. Mercedes is a working title that King isn't real happy with.

Not suprising since he already has 2 books out in 2013 and at the time of this talk this book was only 3/4 done.

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Joyland does have a supernatural element -- it's the first Hard Case Crime book to do so.
    I have to beg to differ on this, Colorado Kid, while not having an explicit supernatural element, does have an air of supernatural to it.
    Christine

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I"m quoting Charles Ardai, who I interviewed recently. Colorado Kid has an air of the inexplicable, but nothing overtly supernatural. Apparently in Joyland, things are more overt.

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I see, thanks Bev.
    Christine

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.courant.com/entertainment...559,full.story
    King, 65, now has more than 350 million copies of his works in print. Two new books, "Joyland" and "Doctor Sleep," are being published this year and another, "Mr. Mercedes," will be released in 2014.
    Coming next after "Doctor Sleep" is a detective novel due out next year titled "Mr. Mercedes." Though it was written before the Boston Marathon bombing, it has a similar plot element, King says.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Question and answer about Mr. Mercedes and Revival on SK´s message board

Hi Marsha,
    I was just listening to the CBC interview with Stephen and Owen, and Stephen said that he wasn't working on anything at the moment.
    Can we take that to mean that he has fully finished editing Mr. Mercedes, or that he has completed the first draft of Revival?

Ms. Mod
    ..It means that those aren't in his queue at the moment and he's waiting for the editors to do their thing. Release dates have been set but I don't think I'm at liberty to give that information out yet so (didn't want to disappoint GNTLGNT ).

http://www.stephenking.com/community.../31154-Revival

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Mr. Mercedes - June 2013
    Revival - November 2013

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Mr. Mercedes - June 2013
    Revival - November 2013

or....

Mr. Mercedes - June 2014
    Revival - November 2014

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Your source for the dates?

John

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Mr. Mercedes - June 2013
    Revival - November 2013

or....

Mr. Mercedes - June 2014
    Revival - November 2014
    Ooops. Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast