Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "Study, Dammit" poster now available

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Default "Study, Dammit" poster now available

The year is 1970. Stephen King has spent the last three years as a columnist for The Maine Campus, the University of Maine’s student-run newspaper, and is nearing graduation. In an effort to go out with a “bang”, Stephen and Maine Campus photographer Frank Kadi head out to the woods with an (unloaded?) shotgun, seeking to “shoot” the capstone cover for their last Finals week.

What they ended up with was one of the most controversial, frightening and well-known newspaper covers ever produced. Designed so students could rip off the front page and use their image as a “public service announcement”, Study, Dammit!! was blown into history on January 15th, 1970.

Since that time, the infamous cover was lost to time, stashed in the archives and forgotten…until one fateful afternoon last fall, when Stillwater Poster Company discovered the long-lost original was ALIVE — framed and stuck behind a forgotten desk in the offices of The Maine Campus. With special permission from Stephen King himself, The Maine Campus and Stillwater Poster Company entered into a partnership to bring the fabled image alive once more.

Remastered and printed on thicker stock to ensure longevity, prints of the original Study, Dammit!! Maine Campus cover are available for sale exclusively through Stillwater Poster Company at www.StudyDammit.com. With proceeds going to support both The Maine Campus and scholarships at the University of Maine, Study, Dammit!! continues its legacy of “inspiring” students to further their education.

To order, visit http://www.studydammit.com/

Gunslinger Apprentice carbinworld is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Bev, I think I'll have to order one.
    ~

Looking For:

1: Signed US Trade 1st/1st Full Dark No Stars
    2: ??????????

~

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

It's a real shame that they do not ship overseas. I have the t shirt and would love to have the poster.
    Jon

Along the Path of the Beam ConstantReader84 has a spectacular aura about ConstantReader84 has a spectacular aura about

Does any one still have a copy by chance?

Will pay handsomely!!!

Along the Path of the Beam ConstantReader84 has a spectacular aura about ConstantReader84 has a spectacular aura about

Sorry for the necro post but can someone confirm for me if these were printed as giant stickers?

Also, if anyone has this Stillwater reprint or the original newspaper and would be interested in selling please let me know!

EDIT: After some digging I found that this company created “wall clings”. It would be nice if someone can confirm if this was in fact available as a cling.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

No, it wasn't a cling. I got one and it's just a regular poster.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    No, it wasn't a cling. I got one and it's just a regular poster.
    I do know they made them in poster form but perhaps there was more than one ordering option on their site?

+ Reply to Thread