Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Hax (and the other names)

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Storyslinger View Post
    Roland cried the names he had to cry. What he felt. We can ask questions... why he cried Hax and why he didn't cry Patrick but in fact we must accept that he cried out the names that were deep in his heart.
    Right, It was ka.
    I said everything but this.
    I know dear. Sorry.

It is very well stated though, and I do agree with the point.

Gunslinger Apprentice lisaki is on a distinguished road lisaki's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Names Roland "forgot" to... *end of series spoilers

In the official end thread I wrote this:
    I felt he forgot to call the names of some really important characters when he reached the tower. Why did he call Dinky Earnshaw, for instance, and not Patrick who saved him at the end? He didn't call only dead people names... Why didn't he call the name of the brave Margaret Eisenhart or Rosalita? What about Moses, Deepnau, and mostly Cullum?
    And I wonder what do you feel about it. Got the feeling that SK was in a rush when writing this otherwise incredibly strong part of the story. Whose name do you feel Roland should call in front of the Tower, but didn't?
    I'm sorry if there's a similar thread, or discussion, I'm still a little lost in the forums.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

He didn't call Randall Flagg's name.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lisaki View Post
    In the official end thread I wrote this:
    I felt he forgot to call the names of some really important characters when he reached the tower. Why did he call Dinky Earnshaw, for instance, and not Patrick who saved him at the end? He didn't call only dead people names... Why didn't he call the name of the brave Margaret Eisenhart or Rosalita? What about Moses, Deepnau, and mostly Cullum?
    I always thought he called the names only of those he actually saw dead, or who died because of him, through him, and within what he could reasonably call "his lifetime".
    I have other problems with the list of the names, but I think there is a thread somewhere (or am I thinking about .net again? I know that I had started the "Whose Names" thread at .net myself, but I think there must be a similar one here; I'll look tomorrow morning)

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

those he actually saw dead, or who died because of him
    No He called the names of Ted, Dinky and Suzannah...

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

In the first draft, he omitted a very important name!

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    talitha unwin?

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Matthew Son of Kenneth?
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey lisaki, that part always made me wonder, too. Here is a long thread about the same topic: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ead.php?t=1683
    You may find it interesting. But don't worry in some days we will merge them.

Anyway I am still not sure why Roland called the names he did but I am sure there are no mistakes. It's such an important part... why would King have been in a rush? You know he is the wordslinger so he sings what happens to Roland.. if he wrote it this way that how it must have happened. It may sound a bit silly but what I mean is that there are good reasons for the names. I am absolutely sure about it.

May we know which?

(I am sorry but I edited the title a little bit, it may not have been a spoiler but just to be in the safe side I made it less detailed)

Roland would have understood.

Country
    Country Flag

Anyway I am still not sure why Roland called the names he did but I am sure there are no mistakes. It's such an important part... why would King have been in a rush? You know he is the wordslinger so he sings what happens to Roland.. if he wrote it this way that how it must have happened.
    Thanks for the link Letti
    Im sure he wasn't in a rush, I just say that he gives that impression...

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

who? who was it? my minds a blank

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Jake maybe?

Or did Roland forget his father's name?
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4