Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: The Chuck Palahniuk Thread

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Still not sure how I feel about a sequel to FIGHT CLUB.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

OMITTED
    Last edited by Tommy; 05-20-2016 at 01:28 PM.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I hope this happens...

Kickstarter for Lullaby

Gunslinger Apprentice terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone planning to hit a stop on his tour? I'm going to the Louisville signing. Gotta figure out which two books to take... or buy another ticket!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I really want to go. He's coming to Boston, but I don't think I can make it out there that day
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Ugh, nothing closer than NYC.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Gunslinger Apprentice terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I really want to go. He's coming to Boston, but I don't think I can make it out there that day
    That one is on my birthday, but Louisville is only a 4 hour drive for me, so that's the one that I got tix for. I'd love to find a first edition to take with me...

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

"Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Oh, I was thinking it was sat for some reason and not Sunday. Maybe I'll be able to make it, just depends how tired from vacation and travelling I am. I don't know if you would know, but do you think if you get there around 2 or shortly after that you can easily get in line. I don't really want to wait in line for 2 hours prior waiting.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://chuckpalahniuk.net/news/bait-...huck-palahniuk
    Chuck Palahniuk has written novels, short stories... even comic books. And now he's about to unleash his next surprise on the world! An adult coloring book!

On October 25th, 2016 New York Times bestselling novelist and cultural trickster Chuck Palahniuk will publish Bait: Off-Color Stories for You to Color, his first ever coloring book for adults, this fall with Dark Horse Books. Bait will be both the coloring book debut and the second short story collection for Palahniuk, author of Lullaby and Fight Club. The book will contain eight bizarre tales, illustrated in detailed black and white by Joëlle Jones (Lady Killer), Lee Bermejo (The Suiciders), Duncan Fegredo (Hellboy), and more. Each story is paired with pieces of colorable original art, nearly 50 in all. Dark Horse Books will publish Bait: Off-Color Stories for You to Color as an 8.5 x 11 inch hardcover album, with uncoated and white interior paper stock, accompanied by a cover illustrated and colored by Duncan Fegredo and designed by Nate Piekos.

Palahniuk’s short stories are provocative and not for the faint of heart. (His public readings are notorious for making audience members pass out.) Bait continues in that vein with stories about:

A passenger on the Titanic who finds a surgical solution to the obstacle of "women and children first”
    A Hollywood star, whose fading brand faces a viral (and scatological) internet campaign
    An animal psychic who coaxes a statement from a fish that witnessed a political assassination
    Increasingly terrible birthday gifts that place a girl at the center of an extinction-level event

The stories will be illustrated by Lee Bermejo, Kirbi Fagan, Duncan Fegredo, Alise Gluskova, Joelle Jones, Steve Morris, Tony Puryear and Marc Scheff. Palahniuk invites readers to collaborate on this unprecedented and unique hardcover edition: "Maybe between your colors, the artists’ designs, and my stories we can create something that endures. Something worth keeping. Let’s create a well-bound book that can sit on any shelf and be available for a new generation to discover and enjoy.”

For a preview of the coloring book, check out BuzzFeed's exclusive first look!
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/krystieyand...ok?#.ygZdDyKwa

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

I think this is awesome. I haven't liked a novel by him since Rant but I love still love Chuck's short stories.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://chuckpalahniuk.net/news/get-t...-edition-today
    The critically acclaimed Fight Club 2 graphic novel from Dark Horse Comics may have concluded its 10-issue run, but the good folks at Dark Horse Comics have just unveiled not only the entire series in hardcover, but this beautiful oversized, slipcased hardcover limited "library edition."It features a tip-in plate signed by Chuck Palahniuk, ninety pages of bonus content, and a striking new cover by legendary artist David Mack.

Dark Horse was nice enough to send me a copy of this edition and it's honestly a work of art. I have it displayed on the top of my bookshelf and it puts all nearby books to shame. It's something you wouldn't be surprised to see in the MOMA gift shop. And the extra content is amazing. At $134.99 it ain't cheap, but any collector would be remiss not to add this to their Palahniuk collection.

It drops on October 25th, but you can pre-order it today.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Man I found that Fight Club 2 comic insulting and pointless. Maybe I just didn't get it but it seems like if he didn't want to write the comic don't write the comic.

Country
    Country Flag

http://io9.gizmodo.com/a-look-inside...-is-1797478992
    If you thought the adult coloring book craze was just weird licensed cash-ins, think again. After surprising us all with last year’s Bait, a short story anthology/coloring book hybrid, Chuck Palahniuk is returning to the well again with his first long-form prose in three years, and it also happens to include gorgeous art for you to color in, too.

Published by Dark Horse, Legacy: An Off-Color Novella for You to Color marks Palahniuk’s first return to long-form fiction since 2014's Beautiful You. Although since then he’s been involved in a number of weird and wonderful projects, like the comic book sequel to Fight Club, the weirdest of all has got to be Bait, an anthology that interspersed new stories from the author with vivid, absurd scenarios for readers to color in themselves. Not quite the same as coloring in pictures of Jamie from Outlander or an IKEA shelf, but still a weird prospect.

Legacy intends to be much the same, except this time Steve Morris and Mike Norton’s art appears alongside a new, singular tale from Palahniuk that blends grim social satire with the blatant absurdity of coloring in intimate and human scenes and scenarios as you go along. Check out a few pages from the book, making their debut here on io9.

Legacy: An Off-Color Novella for You to Color is expected to be released this November.

Country
    Country Flag

http://chuckpalahniuk.net/news/chuck...adjustment-day
    Chuck Palahniuk, who launched his career as a novelist with Fight Club, published by W. W. Norton & Company in 1996, and who followed that blockbuster with two more Norton hits, Invisible Monsters and Survivor, both 1999, will return to Norton with his forthcoming novel, Adjustment Day, to be published in May 2018.

Fight Club put Palahniuk on the map as a transgressive visionary. Now, Adjustment Day blows past all previous markers for impropriety with a brilliant, hilarious, and outrageous story that is perfect for our era. Every reader, of every stripe, will find something in Adjustment Day that is as profoundly wise, funny, and affecting as it is offensive. And, make no mistake, everyone will be offended.

Norton senior editor Amy Cherry, who has worked with Palahniuk over the years on his Norton paperbacks and Invisible Monsters Remix, acquired North American rights, including audio, to the new work from Palahniuk’s literary agent, Edward Hibbert of Donadio and Olson, Inc. She notes, “We could not be more thrilled to welcome Chuck Palahniuk back to Norton. Through mind-bending stories, a wealth of disturbing detail, and a deadly comic touch, Chuck consistently expresses a singular imagination, novelistic dexterity, and cultural truth. His work represents the very finest in fiction and follows in the tradition of Norton classics like A Clockwork Orange.”

Chuck Palahniuk remarks, "W.W. Norton brought my first book, Fight Club, into the world. My next book, Adjustment Day, is to Fight Club what Atlas Shrugged is to The Fountainhead—a bigger package of bold characters and norm-bashing ideas. And it's proof that W.W. Norton and I have great faith in one another. I'm pleased as punch to be working once more with such a brave, ground-breaking publisher."

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I’m going to Chuck Palakniuk’s booksigning for “Adjustment Day” on May 1st.
    If anyone wishes to have a copy autographed and or inscribed, please contact me via PM.
    Let me know, don’t delay.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    If anyone wishes to have a copy autographed and or inscribed, please contact me via PM.
    Tell us about it!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Tell us about it!
    Just noticed this, have to go to work. had a great time.
    Really busy at work this week, will post pics in the next few days.. sorry

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Finally have a chance to post some pictures from the May 1st. Chuck Palahniuk "Adjustment Day" book signing.
    The event was held at the Powell's Hawthorne store in Oregon.
    I was able to get the last few books I needed signed to complete my 1st ed. collection (only took about eight years)

He has been known to pose for Pics (cropped me out, sorry)

Signed from this event:
    (2) Adjustment day's (1 for a member here)
    Pursuit of Happiness (for member here)
    (2) comics
    Lullaby
    Diary
    Stranger than fiction

One of the comics I had signed (completes my Fight Club 2 set)
    He drew a picture of his dog below his signature then proclaimed "I write, I really can't draw" (pretty funny at the time)

I will leave the additional pics to post to the other DT.org member - who might want to chime in as well.

Chuck is an extremely nice guy, always has time for pleasant conversation.
    In a casual manner while signing my other books he asked me who I was getting the other copy of Adjustment Day signed for?
    I explained how I knew this person from the Dark tower site.. so he made a pretty cool inscription for (*******) DT.org member here.
    I'll leave that private for the DT.org member (hint, hint) if he chooses to share

Very cool! Thanks for sharing.

I'm so bummed because I just saw a week ago that he was going to be coming to Boston which isn't too far from me. It's my own fault, I should have just ordered a ticket immediately, but held off in hopes of seeing if I could find someone to take the drive with me. Well a few days later when I go to order tickets they are of course all sold out I called the bookstore but they wouldn't let me go, but they did let me order a signed and hopefully inscribed copy of Adjustment Day. Hopefully I'll get something in the mail later this week. And if he ever comes around here again I'll be sure to get a ticket right away. He's probably the only author left that I haven't met, but would absolutely love to.

I just read about this on the CD forum. Such a shame!

The Big Secret Why Behind Everything so Far

Wow, that's insane!

Country
    Country Flag

Along the Path of the Beam Jerrika has a spectacular aura about Jerrika has a spectacular aura about Jerrika's Avatar

I met Chuck twice. I've read Fight Club, Invisible Monsters, Tell All, Haunted, Choke, Lullaby, Beautiful You, Rant, Damned, and Doomed.
    "Sometimes dead is better." ~ Jud Crandall

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 LastLast