Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chuck Palahniuk Thread

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Here is a free online version of Guts for those who have never read it/any of his work.

http://www.seizureandy.com/stuff/guts.html
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Erin, what a great time! Glad you had so much fun and got to meet him person.

Now I'm really bummed I wasn't able to go see him in Berkeley.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Hannah - He seemed to pick and choose. The guy behind me got "negative" and he wrote "Watch out for us rabid ones".

Thanks everyone, it was so much fun!
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Traveler AJ is on a distinguished road AJ's Avatar

i loves me some chucky P. i'm re-reading choke now due to the announcement on the cult. i just finished Rant a few days (a week or so?) ago and i must say after reading haunted and being slightly disappointed, this was like starting back with chuck. Rant just kinda made me fall back in love with him.

i'm still sticking with Invisible Monsters as my personal favourite... with Survivor and Choke tied at a close second.

Banned Jimmy is on a distinguished road

Erin you lucky, lucky ducky. I missed his signing at my local store.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

I guess I'll show my signed Fight Club, it's the only Chuck Palahniuk book I own. I need to try some of his others...

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Geoff!
    _______

I'm copying a post from the Currently Reading thread because the comment applies here as well:

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I finished CHOKE by Chuck Palahniuk. I liked it but I liked SURVIVOR better - until I read the "story behind the story" at the end of CHOKE, that was really touching.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome Geoff! Did you meet Chuck when he signed the book?

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Awesome Geoff! Did you meet Chuck when he signed the book?
    No, I wish Erin. I bought it from a bookseller.

Sadly, in Ohio, we get hardly any authors of significance to do signings or readings.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

alright, i borrowed Choke from the library and I think I'm ready to start venturing out post harry potter. I just finished another reread last night and I think I'm ready for leave it behind for a week or so.

so I'm finally off to discover a new author....

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Good Luck Sarah! Choke is a fantastic book and Chuck Palahniuk is an amazing author.

Keep us up to date on what you think!

With A Fist Full Of Steel Arthur Heath is on a distinguished road Arthur Heath's Avatar

3rd Planet on the left in the Milky Way galaxy
    Country
    Country Flag

I just finished Survivor. Although it is fairly off beat if you will nothing compares to Guts or Lullaby. Chuck lives in the same area I do, Portland OR, and is frequently doing local readings and signings. One of the coolest aspects of his readings, when he was taking question he would give the audience member who asked the question a 4' long plastic flower. A gift. He also did a signing afterwards and did not leave until everyone who had wanted a signature was satisfied. If anyone lives in this part of the world (Portland OR area) or you just want some insight on his upbringing go get the book
    Portland - In and Around. Its chalked full of unorthodox events to do with insight on his becoming a writer in this area.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Portland, OR is my favorite city of all time. We used to live in Vancouver, wa and we'd head to Portland all the time NE 23rd baby!

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool, thanks for the info, Todd.

I love Portland, Oregon too. It's the only place my wife and I ever discuss if we talk about moving out of Northern California.

Banned Jimmy is on a distinguished road

Choke : The Movie seems to be shaping up rather well. Angelica Huston and Sam Rockwell heading up the cast.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't wait! I really like Sam Rockwell and think he will play a great Victor Mancini.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Should be interesting. I've been waiting for them to turn another one of his stories into a movie for awhile now, although it's one of the ones I haven't read yet, so I'll have to pick it up soon.
    Have they already filmed it yet? I was looking on IMDB and it said it's now in post-production, but I'm not sure how accurate that is.

Gunslinger Apprentice Grillslinger is on a distinguished road Grillslinger's Avatar

I am reading Inisible Mosters right now. So far, I love it.

I think they've announced a movie for that one as well, but I may be mistaken.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I did hear something about that too, but I'm not sure how close it actually is to being done.

Gunslinger Apprentice Ikilledthecrimsonking is on a distinguished road Ikilledthecrimsonking's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

fight club was fucking amazing

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ikilledthecrimsonking View Post
    fight club was fucking amazing
    I still need to read FIGHT CLUB.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Have you seen the movie Patrick? It's pretty much exactly the same.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Have you seen the movie Patrick? It's pretty much exactly the same.
    Yes, I love the movie! I still want to read the book though.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw the movie before I read the book and there was no way I could see anyone in my head as Tyler Durden except Brad Pitt. Thank gosh he owned the role!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

finished Survivor, now reading Haunted, and doing it slowwwwwwwwwly... I want it to last for ever!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast