Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chuck Palahniuk Thread

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I just ordered my copy
    It'll probably take awhile to come in. It depends on when he comes back to the store.
    I think I posted a pic of my inscribed copy of Snuff earlier in this thread if you were curious.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I think I posted a pic of my inscribed copy of Snuff earlier in this thread if you were curious.
    Ok, so I went looking for it. I found this post, but the photo has been deleted.

Got home today, and what was waiting for me in the mail, but my new copy of Snuff signed by Chuck

I was really hoping to catch him on tour this year, as I missed the last one, but sadly he's coming nowhere nearby.
    It's my first signed copy of a book by any author so I'm excited!

- - - - - - -

In other Palahniuk news:

If anyone is interested in purchasing a signed copy of PYGMY, Powell's Bookstore in Portland, Oregon has copies available.

Check it out here. They will sell out.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Sorry, here you go

and I just got an email a few days ago saying that Chuck will be back in 4 weeks, so I should get my book by early July

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

That is an AWESOME inscription.

Heather, I'm looking forward to hearing when your inscribed PYGMY has arrived.

By the way, I also picked up a copy of the signed/limited edition of RANT. I hadn't mentioned it in this thread, but if you're interested I posted pics on TDT.com right here.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Thanks Patrick!
    I love how he gets creative with the inscriptions. I can't wait to see what he writes in Pygmy.

And that copy of Rant looks really cool

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Heather. The limited edition of RANT was more expensive than the other trade editions, but I'd give it up in a heartbeat if came down to that vs. the inscribed ones. I LOVE Chuck's inscriptions.

By the way, I am really impressed with PYGMY. I don't know how the hell he could write an entire book in that "dialect" (wrong word?) of English. It's really amazing.

I can't wait to read Pygmy!

Have you read Snuff yet? I started it when I first got it, but got sidetracked and put it down and haven't gone back yet. And I haven't really heard too many people talking about it. I'll definitely read it at some point since I love his stories, but didn't know if I should get to it sooner than later.

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

snuff is a really bad book
    And I dont mean bad as in poorly written or "bad" meaning good
    I mean bad as in brain warpingly twisted
    but I liked it!
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

With A Fist Full Of Steel Arthur Heath is on a distinguished road Arthur Heath's Avatar

3rd Planet on the left in the Milky Way galaxy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a copy of Snuff, though I want to finish the book im halfway through first. Palahniuk fans will be happy to know I was at Powells Books (largest independent bookstore in the US) and two people where waffling on which of his books to start with. I suggested the first one I read, Lullaby.
    I still havent found too many people who have read is non fiction. Works such as Stranger Than Fiction or Fugitives & Refugees. The latter people would get a kick out of it if you live in or around Portland OR. He gives insight on growing up in Portland and lays out very bizarre activities to do around the city.

"As for gunslingers, Roland," Cuthbert says, "I am here. And we are the last."

When two fit, it makes you think
    I got the cute one, my woman
    She says, "Lovin's all I bring"
    And it's her loving that's a wonderful thing.
    Lovin' yes we are, it's such a wonderful thing
    When two fit it makes you think
    See us both in the black
    She lays on me so relaxed.
    -Big D and The Kids Table

I picked up Stranger Than Fiction a few months ago, just haven't gotten to yet. Maybe I'll read it after Pygmy.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Heath View Post
    I have a copy of Snuff, though I want to finish the book im halfway through first. Palahniuk fans will be happy to know I was at Powells Books (largest independent bookstore in the US) and two people where waffling on which of his books to start with. I suggested the first one I read, Lullaby.
    I still havent found too many people who have read is non fiction. Works such as Stranger Than Fiction or Fugitives & Refugees. The latter people would get a kick out of it if you live in or around Portland OR. He gives insight on growing up in Portland and lays out very bizarre activities to do around the city.
    While at Powell's, did you pick up one of their signed copies of PYGMY?

I look forward to reading his non-fiction at some point as well, I just haven't quite gotten around to it yet.

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Heath View Post
    wait u mean his other books ARENT non fiction?!

Spoiler:

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a copy of Stranger than Fiction as well. It's on the list!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

Well I just read invisible monsters, so now I've read all of his fiction books

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Read three of his books recently in succession: Haunted, Pygmy and Snuff. (Prior to that, I had read Fight Club for school, Rant out of curiousity and Choke because of the movie.)

Overall, I liked all of them, except for Snuff. The latter wasn't bad, but it seemed like it didn't go anywhere.

Pygmy spoilers
    Spoiler:
    As much as I enjoyed this a lot, the quick 'happy' ending put me off a bit given how dark the book was prior. It just seemed tacked on. I mean, if there was no danger at all with the science project, why was he scared for his sister when she arrived?

Haunted was good, but I think it would have worked as a short story collection without the wraparound stories. I heard that Palahniuk had intended it to be just a collection, but his editor told him to make it a novel because he thought it wouldn't sell the other way, and it shows.

Out of all the ones I've read, so far Rant was my favorite.

I'm taking a break from him now but hopefully I'll read more soon.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Have you read Snuff yet? I started it when I first got it, but got sidetracked and put it down and haven't gone back yet. And I haven't really heard too many people talking about it. I'll definitely read it at some point since I love his stories, but didn't know if I should get to it sooner than later.
    Heather, yes, I've read SNUFF. As the others note, it's a pretty twisted book. I liked it but I liked PYGMY better.

Have you finished PYGMY yet, or are you still waiting for your signed copy to arrive first?

- - -
    By the way, did anyone besides me order the stickers a couple months ago that were offered by the publisher?

I'm not usually into promotional materials, but I love this addition to my collection.

oh, those are nice. I like them Patrick.
    I still haven't read it yet, I'm waiting for my copy to come in. I believe they said he'd be back in early July to sign them, so I should hopefully see it by the end of the month.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool. I hope it arrives soon, Heather. I look forward to hearing your reaction to it.

Citizen of Gilead Darkmaniscoming is on a distinguished road Darkmaniscoming's Avatar

Default Can I beg?

BEG PANT.....

I have a serious chuck collection, but i dont have these...i have lots to trade...king, chuck....would you part with a copy of each if you have extra?

Beg drool pant....snif

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

Heather, yes, I've read SNUFF. As the others note, it's a pretty twisted book. I liked it but I liked PYGMY better.

Have you finished PYGMY yet, or are you still waiting for your signed copy to arrive first?

- - -
    By the way, did anyone besides me order the stickers a couple months ago that were offered by the publisher?

I'm not usually into promotional materials, but I love this addition to my collection.

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmaniscoming View Post
    BEG PANT.....

I have a serious chuck collection, but i dont have these...i have lots to trade...king, chuck....would you part with a copy of each if you have extra?

Beg drool pant....snif

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

- - -

Wow
    Those are some kick ass stickers

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

well i have never read this chuck chappy, but one the recomendation of dags, jean and r and g in the what are you reading thread i have just ordered fight club and haunted. i shall let you know my thoughts after reading them

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just finished Lullaby and LOVED it!!! I've read Choke and Fight Club as well, and I think I rank Lullaby above those two so far!

I have 2 books on order from Chuck, including Pygmy. I can't wait for them to arrive!!!!

I have a copy of Snuff here, so may read that later this year as well.

Chuck just has an "odd" way of writing, but once you get it, you GET it!

Lullaby just blew me away, lol!

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh, and...Patrick...how do you get in with the publisher to obtain promo stuff???

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Lullaby was fantastic! It was kind of horror meets mystery with a surreal edge to it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast