Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chuck Palahniuk Thread

Gunslinger Apprentice The Cosmic Geek is on a distinguished road

Favorite one? OK, I will definitely check it out if you like it so much, thanks for the recommendation.

What are your thoughts on Sandman so far or is it too early to tell?

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

So far so good, but not too much has happened yet. I'll let you know when I finish it.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gunslinger Apprentice The Cosmic Geek is on a distinguished road

Cool.

I'd also recommend checking out Scary Godmother by Jill Thompson. It has a nice Nightmare Before Christmas vibe to it while being its own thing. It originally started out as children books for Halloween, and then became a comic. Nice spidery lines in the comic, black and white book, and the children books are water colors. Really great stuff.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I think I have all Chuck's books in my "to read" pile, but now I think Lullaby just shot right up the list.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Enjoy Daggers!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks! Of course, I'm only about 120 pages into my Four Past Midnight reread, so it will be awhile.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

In case anyone hadn't heard, Chuck has a new book coming out in a few months. It's titled PYGMY and will be released May 5, 2009.
    Product Description

The Manchurian Candidate meets South Park—Chuck Palahniuk’s finest novel since the generation-defining Fight Club.

“Begins here first account of operative me, agent number 67 on arrival Midwestern American airport greater _____ area. Flight _____. Date _____. Priority mission top success to complete. Code name: Operation Havoc.”

Thus speaks Pygmy, one of a handful of young adults from a totalitarian state sent to the United States, disguised as exchange students, to live with typical American families and blend in, all the while planning an unspecified act of massive terrorism. Palahniuk depicts Midwestern life through the eyes of this thoroughly indoctrinated little killer, who hates us with a passion, in this cunning double-edged satire of an American xenophobia that might, in fact, be completely justified. For Pygmy and his fellow operatives are cooking up something big, something truly awful, that will bring this big dumb country and its fat dumb inhabitants to their knees.

It’s a comedy. And a romance.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't wait for Pygmy.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll have to wait for the paperback - I started buying his books in paperback and I'm a freak about having my set "match".

That, and I have about 30 books on my shelf right now to read, many of them Chuck's.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Get with it, Daghain!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

:p

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

He needs to write slower!

I still haven't read Snuff.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice EdwardDean1999 is on a distinguished road EdwardDean1999's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've only read "Diary" and "Survivor". For a laugh if you haven't read his short story "Guts" go here: http://www.noops.org/guts.html

Like a lot of Chuck, not for the faint of heart. I apologize if it's already been posted, I did not read every page of this thread prior to posting.

Do You Folks Like Coffee?
    Real Coffee,
    From the Hills Of Colombia?

The Duncan Hills awake you
    from a thousand deaths.
    A cup of blackened blood.
    (Die, Die)
    You're dying for a cup.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Haunted is really quite good, and Guts is the first story in there.

Gunslinger Apprentice EdwardDean1999 is on a distinguished road EdwardDean1999's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Maybe I'll read it next then.

Real Coffee,

from a thousand deaths.
    (Die, Die)
    You're dying for a cup.

Choke is finally out on dvd. Hopefully I'll be able to watch it sometime soon now.

Country
    Country Flag

Pygmy sounds interesting.

Real Coffee,

from a thousand deaths.
    (Die, Die)
    You're dying for a cup.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Ooh, Choke is out! I totally need to rent that!

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Cool. I forgot about that movie. Netflix here I come.

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    Ooh, Choke is out! I totally need to rent that!
    Its out?! thanku for mentioning it, I was wondering when it would come out on dvd!
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Choke is now #1 on my Netflix queue.

Me too. I just returned a couple of movies the other day, so I should hopefully be getting it for the weekend.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Mine should be here TODAY.

Looks like I didn't send my last few movies back in time, and now there's a very long wait.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast