Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: The Chuck Palahniuk Thread

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

I don't know if any of you have knowledge of the publication history of Fight Club. I posted this on Palahniuks website but haven't gotten an answer so I thought I would post it here as well:

Hello all,

I was on eBay today and saw a copy of fight club that has the yellow boards BUT has a full number line. The seller isn't selling it as a first edition and points out that the yellow boards were indicative of later printings, so I am confident as to the accuracy of the listing. It should also be noted that the copyright page looks slightly different then the true 1st's, specifically the publishers addresses.

My question to people knowledgable on the history of this books is, do you think this is a printing mistake by Norton ( maybe this was a prototype that got released), or an actual first printing with different boards (meaning there are two variants of the true 1st/1st)?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Link to auction: http://www.ebay.com/itm/FIGHT-CLUB-C...item257a798883

John F. Kennedy Dead Man is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Dead

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    I'm having a hard time getting through Damned, I used to love Chuck but haven't finished any of them since the audio of Rant. Does it get better after page 50 or so?

Personally I loved Damned. I thought it was the best since Rant. Tell-All and Pygmy were very unreadable. I thought damned had the great wit and good story progression. I am looking forward to Doomed which is his first sequel.

Gunslinger Apprentice onlylivingboyinny is on a distinguished road onlylivingboyinny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I read the Invisible Monsters (remix) about two months back and man was it disturbing as hell. Brilliantly written, though. Read Survivor after that and enjoyed it immensely.
    "Everyone suspects himself of at least one of the cardinal virtues, and this is mine: I am one of the few honest people that I have ever known." - Nick Carraway
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald, "The Great Gatsby"

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    I don't know if any of you have knowledge of the publication history of Fight Club. I posted this on Palahniuks website but haven't gotten an answer so I thought I would post it here as well:

Hello all,

I was on eBay today and saw a copy of fight club that has the yellow boards BUT has a full number line. The seller isn't selling it as a first edition and points out that the yellow boards were indicative of later printings, so I am confident as to the accuracy of the listing. It should also be noted that the copyright page looks slightly different then the true 1st's, specifically the publishers addresses.

My question to people knowledgable on the history of this books is, do you think this is a printing mistake by Norton ( maybe this was a prototype that got released), or an actual first printing with different boards (meaning there are two variants of the true 1st/1st)?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Link to auction: http://www.ebay.com/itm/FIGHT-CLUB-C...item257a798883
    I know this is an older post but I didn't see an answer. The book with yellow boards is a later printing or you might call it a second edition, 1st printing. It has a higher price printed on the dust jacket also. True firsts will have burgundy boards.

BTW - B&N has signed copies of Doomed for $17.92
    http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/doom...480&x=42092509
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Thanks! Just ordered my copy. I was sad when I saw that St. Helens closed up.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you for posting that link, Becca. Thank you, Heather, for giving me a heads up that Becca had posted a link.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Zombie: A New Original Short Story by Chuck Palahniuk:
    http://playboysfw.kinja.com/zombie-a...iuk-1465542446

http://chuckpalahniuk.net/news/gonzo...zine-interview
    Yep, first Playboy this month, now Hustler. Chuck gets around. Check out this amazing feature interview conducted by Kyle Downing (@dowling_kyle). Chuck discusses his 2014 novel Beautiful You, talks at length about the upcoming Fight Club graphic novel sequel, and even takes time out to juggle a giant dildo in an adult store (and there's a picture to prove it).

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

New Palahniuk novel, Beautiful You:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0385538030/
    "A billion husbands are about to be replaced."

From the author of Fight Club, the classic portrait of the damaged contemporary male psyche, now comes this novel about the apocalyptic marketing possibilities of female pleasure. Sisters will be doing it for themselves. And doing it. And doing it. And doing it some more . . . Penny Harrigan is a low-level associate in a big Manhattan law firm with an apartment in Queens and no love life at all. So it comes as a great shock when she finds herself invited to dinner by one C. Linus Maxwell, aka "Climax-Well," a software mega-billionaire and lover of the most gorgeous and accomplished women on earth. After dining at Manhattan's most exclusive restaurant, he whisks Penny off to a hotel suite in Paris, where he proceeds, notebook in hand, to bring her to previously undreamed-of heights of orgasmic pleasure for days on end. What's not to like? This: Penny discovers that she is a test subject for the final development of a line of sex toys to be marketed in a nationwide chain of boutiques called Beautiful You. So potent and effective are these devices that women by the millions line up outside the stores on opening day and then lock themselves in their room with them and stop coming out. Except for batteries. Maxwell's plan for erotically enabled world domination must be stopped. But how?

Citizen of Gilead thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Pygmy was a crazy read. It made my head hurt but I thought it was brilliant and hilarious.
    "Absorb the genius of the moment." -Michael Stipe
    "Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats." -Connor Oberst
    NEED:

One For Road Signed Artist Edition, PS Publishing
    The Gunslinger Viking proof
    Carrie $7.95 Doubleday later printing

Citizen of Gilead thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Sweet new book looks awesome lol.
    "Absorb the genius of the moment." -Michael Stipe
    "Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats." -Connor Oberst
    NEED:

One For Road Signed Artist Edition, PS Publishing
    The Gunslinger Viking proof
    Carrie $7.95 Doubleday later printing

Country
    Country Flag

http://chuckpalahniuk.net/news/hold-...ul-you-is-here
    Hold the phone! Turns out the banana cover of Beautiful You was NOT a lock. It was down to both that and this new dragonfly cover-- and this new cover won out! (According to Chuck's publicist, it won out specifically because it ties directly into the plot of the novel.)

So behold, the new new cover of Beautiful You, Chuck's upcoming novel (Oct 2014). And yeah, suffice to say, if you have an advanced reader's copy of the banana cover, hold onto that baby... because it just became a very rare item!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking forward to reading it.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone seen the banana cover out in the wild?
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Updated my Palahniuk collection, almost complete.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post

Very Nice!

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Nice. What are you missing?

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Nice. What are you missing?
    Walk in Portland
    Invisible Monsters mistake
    Beautiful you

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Barnes & Noble is taking orders for Signed Copies of Chuck's new short story collection Make Something Up: Stories You Can't Unread

Make Something Up: Stories You Can't Unread (Signed Book)

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Ordered my copy the other day.

Country
    Country Flag

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

That was great! Thanks for posting.
    Chuck needs tighter shirts though...haha

that's great
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thought maybe someone here may be interested in this:
    EXPEDITION BY CHUCK PALAHNIUK [LIMITED VINYL AUDIOBOOK PREORDER]

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by killjoy72 View Post
    Thought maybe someone here may be interested in this:
    EXPEDITION BY CHUCK PALAHNIUK [LIMITED VINYL AUDIOBOOK PREORDER]
    Neat. I know Chuck is a huge supporter of audiobooks and I was very disappointed that the new short story book wasn't released on CD. I even had my wife join his facebook page to ask him what the deal was about that and he never responded. Pretty lame. Not really that I expect some sort of quick response on the facebooks but he is on there multiple times and a day and I thought it was a legit question since he has always puts out cd versions, relatively cheap too.

Country
    Country Flag

The graphic novel of Fight Club 2 will be out in hardcover on March 31, 2016: http://www.amazon.com/dp/1616559454/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast