Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dark Tower Companion

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

The different balls of the Wizard's Rainbow correspond to the thirteen colors of the window. And Black 13 is the most powerful of those, controlling the others, like the lord of the rings. Also, there's a parallel to the Dark Tower itself, sitting at the center of the twelve beams, with their twelve guardians. So I think the black innermost window is objectively innermost, rather than just appearing that way from a particular viewpoint. Though I also doubt the others are concentric; they'd probably just somehow ring around that one, basically side by side. How it works, exactly, I don't know, but that is the symbolism, I believe.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

"At the top was an oriel window of many colors—each, Roland knew, corresponding to one of the Wizard’s glasses. The inmost circle but one was the pink of the ball that had been left for awhile in the keeping of a certain witch-woman named Rhea; the center was the dead ebony of Black Thirteen."

"he could see the oriel window at the top, its many colors blazing in the spring sunshine, the black center seeming to peer back down the binoculars at him like the very Eye of Todash."

The tower is round, so the notion of a central window can only mean that they are somehow concentric. Concentric rings, perhaps. But how can that fit on the face of a circular Tower unless it points in only one direction. That's always been my problem. That suggests that the tower has a preferential orientation. Maybe it does -- in the direction of the door. That's one reason why I didn't get too hung up on an absolutely literal drawing of the tower for the cover.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Well it looks like it's once in a blue moon day because I was wrong...
    Here is a picture of an oriel window -

So the corresponding window to Black Thirteen would be the center of the oriel window like above. Of course it doesn't sound like it's identical to the above window with circular inside windows instead of square.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

The cover art was done by a Spanish artist named Nekro. He posted his concept art on Facebook:

Page proofs are here:

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

John

Gunslinger Apprentice noal will become famous soon enough noal will become famous soon enough noal's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Pre-ordered on Amazon, best of luck with the book Bev!
    They made us many promises, more than I can remember, but they never kept but one; they promised to take our land, and they did.

Red Cloud

Thanks!

Part 1 of an interview I did with Talk Stephen King about The Dark Tower Companion.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Good interview. I'm glad it's all new text.

I checked out your review webpage too. I was pleasantly surprised to see Last Kind Words by Tom Piccirilli. That one was one of my favourite reads this year.

Tom's a good buddy of mine -- he's been going through a really tough time lately because of medical problems.

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Good interview Bev.

I still think of you every time I see a stick of butter. haha
    Christine

I received a boxload of these today:

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice, looking forward to April.
    Mark Twain

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    I received a boxload of these today:

How do I get one?

John

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If you are looking for people to review, I wouldn't mind helping.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice! Looking forward to it, Bev!

I will be receiving a second batch of galleys to hand out to bloggers/reviewers. Not a ton, but several.

If you are interested in receiving one of these (US only), please send me a PM with the following info:

1) Your name, e-mail address and mailing address
    2) The venue where you would submit or post a review if you felt inclined to review it after reading it

Note that if you are selected to receive one, I will also be submitting your information to my publicist at NAL, who will send you press releases and other promotional material closer to pub date (April 2)

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Will this be available in any brick and mortar stores Bev?
    Christine

It should be available in all of them, assuming there are any left by April 2!

Country
    Country Flag

Yeh I hear you on that one Bev. Thanks for the info.
    Christine

Cemetery Dance Publications just announced that they are doing the limited edition of my forthcoming book, The Dark Tower Companion.
    • Signed Limited Edition OVERSIZED Hardcover ($60.00)
    • Deluxe Signed & Traycased Lettered Edition ($200)

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Bev! I ordered my S/L earlier this week!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast