Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Cell with John Cusack

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Beside this world premiere, IMDB still list no release date...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    The fact that no one seems willing to distribute it doesn't inspire confidence in the finished product.
    Maybe they finally read the ending to the book? Hardy har har.
    )))

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Maybe I should go visit my inlaws for being in Glasgow that same weekend
    I'm not sure I'd go too far out of my way to see this one...

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Maybe I should go visit my inlaws for being in Glasgow that same weekend
    I'm not sure I'd go too far out of my way to see this one...
    Apparently, I could get a flight for 100€ return from Paris to Glasgow. But add everything else and that would easily become a 200€+ or more for that movie. Cant afford that for a movie that they dont really seem to care about.
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

A friend just posted this info...

FrightFest
    Due to circumstances beyond our control, mainly a shift in release dates, we have had to pull CELL from our line-up. Sorry about that but there’s absolutely nothing we can do and believe us we tried.

Country
    Country Flag

Ahaha ! Such a cursed movie.

Here is the news on Facebook
    >>> https://www.facebook.com/groups/Frig...4153070043676/

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Interesting - always makes me wonder what's going on behind the scenes.

We can assume they have no faith in the movie or it would be on the radar - but hopefully they throw it on Netflix streaming just to get it out there. But when they bury a movie like this, it's usually a trainwreck.

The article a few threads made a good point - in 2007/08, this would have been been an early addition to the 28 Days Later genre...but now with Walking Dead, the same premise has been done, and probably done a lot better...

Gunslinger Apprentice Bunyip will become famous soon enough Bunyip will become famous soon enough Bunyip's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's a shame. I wasn't overly thrilled with the book, but I love John Cusak, and anything King is always welcome.

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

I loved the book. It's a shame they couldn't make the movie work. I'd still like to see it.

Country
    Country Flag

In 2020?

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Counting Revival and 1408, this is's Samuel L. Jackson's third Stephen King film. I wonder how many other actors there are that have done as many SK adaptations or if he has the record for the most (I know there are a handful that have two, like Kathy Bates, Rob Lowe, Morgan Freeman, etc).
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Counting Revival and 1408, this is's Samuel L. Jackson's third Stephen King film. I wonder how many other actors there are that have done as many SK adaptations or if he has the record for the most (I know there are a handful that have two, like Kathy Bates, Rob Lowe, Morgan Freeman, etc).
    Jeffery DeMunn - He has appeared in 3 King movies (Shawshank Redemption/Green Mile/The Mist) he has also appeared in the TV mini-series 'Storm of the Century'

The winner of course is King himself as he has had cameo appearances in many of his movies
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Jeffery DeMunn - He has appeared in 3 King movies (Shawshank Redemption/Green Mile/The Mist) he has also appeared in the TV mini-series 'Storm of the Century'
    William Sadler was also in those three movies.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Saban Films Buys Samuel L. Jackson-John Cusack Horror Movie ‘Cell’

Saban Films has acquired the U.S. distribution rights to sci-fi horror film “Cell,” starring John Cusack, Samuel L. Jackson and Isabelle Fuhrman.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Saban Films Buys Samuel L. Jackson-John Cusack Horror Movie ‘Cell’

Saban Films has acquired the U.S. distribution rights to sci-fi horror film “Cell,” starring John Cusack, Samuel L. Jackson and Isabelle Fuhrman.
    I was just looking up this movie yesterday.
    Looks like Saban is mainly a VOD movie company based on their other movies.
    Geez I haven't seen an SK movie in the movie theater since The Mist in 2007!

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just don't get how SK can be a huge name book-wise but not so movie-wise anymore.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    I just don't get how SK can be a huge name book-wise but not so movie-wise anymore.
    It's a shame isn't it. Horror movies are pretty much low budget high return right now. No one is really willing to put a horror movie with a decent budget in theaters when they can make a shaky cam movie for 400k and get at least 1.3 mill back with little or no marketing.

I haven't read them but I'm sure if they make these Bill Hodges books into movie they will kill, people love them. Although they are more likely to do a low budget sci fi series akin to Haven/UTD so they can stretch out the premise and make "creative" changes.

Country
    Country Flag

And obviously I understand how one thing is different from the other but it's a shame that studios are willing to split something like 'The Hobbit' into three three-hour movies whereas 1,000 page novels like It and The Stand are being crammed into one.

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

A reliable source told me that the distributor told them it would be released in France on VOD only at the end of august, and then a few days later apparently it was postponed to beginning of september

Country
    Country Flag

TRAILER

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think that looks pretty darn good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

'Cell' is available on Ultra VOD June 10, and in theaters from Saban Films and Lionsgate July 8.

>>> Source

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

If the movie is half as good as the trailer I think I'll like it.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast