Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Cell with John Cusack

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Yes, Eli Roth has the rights to it I believe. I think he was going to start working on it a year or so ago, but then put it on the back burner to work on trailer trash (or whatever it's called). However, I'm not sure if he's still doing that so maybe he'll pick up Cell again soon.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I really hope so, I would love to see this book as a movie. My expectations wouldn't be nearly as high as the DT series.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, it's going to be a movie but they keep pushing the release date back every year. I have some doubts about it with Roth at the helm though. I'm worried that he'll turn it into another unnecessary gore fest instead of focusing on the story.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

hopefully they at least leave Charlie in it. They'll probably make Clay gay, and have some freaky scene with Tom.
    I hate you, ricky. Every time i see your posts, i click the spoiler button.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So do you keep clicking the same button, knowing what the answer will be?

I also have an attraction to pressing the spoiler buttons.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

yep. and when i hide it again, i have to resist the urge to click again.

Country
    Country Flag

Have a little bit of OCD going on?

Don't worry, I do it too. I have to press the spoiler buttons. Even if it's one for something I haven't read yet, I have to press it but I don't look at the contents.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I would love to see this made as a film. I think it would translate very well to the screen. And I think I'm one of the few that wouldn't mind Roth doing this.

Along the Path of the Beam nordh is on a distinguished road

I think the movie The Signal is rather similar to Cell. I have yet to watch it, but that's what I've heard.

Traveler mdcphoto is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I would love to see this made as a film. I think it would translate very well to the screen. And I think I'm one of the few that wouldn't mind Roth doing this.
    I am also pumped about the "2009" date for this movie and I won't mind him doing the movie but I do share the concerns of others about him making it a gore fest. The movies he has been associated with aren't exactly blockbusters in my view, however they aren't "bad" either. I do always go into these things with high expectations though regardless so let's hope for the best

Woohoo

i will enjoy every ounce of blood that is hopefully added, as long as they stick to the story.

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    i will enjoy every ounce of blood that is hopefully added, as long as they stick to the story.
    I agree. The one thing I think he will do is make it more violent and bloody, but I think that would fit the story just fine.

And one other thing I did hear from somewhere was that he wanted to show the outbreak happening all over the world, not just in Boston. That's the one thing I would disagree with. I liked how the book just focused on a small area, and a small group of people, and it left you wondering what was going on with the rest of the world.

lets see what mr. Roth has to say:

I fucking love that book. Such a smart take on the zombie movie. I am so psyched to do it. I think you can really do almost a cross between the Dawn of the Dead remake with a 'Roland Emmerich' approach (for lack of a better reference) where you show it happening all over the world. When the pulse hits, I wanna see it hit EVERYWHERE. In restaurants, in movie theaters, at sports events, all the places that people drive you crazy when they're talking on their cell phones. I see total armageddon. People going crazy killing each other - everyone at once - all over the world. Cars smashing into each other, people getting stabbed, throats getting ripped out. The one thing I always wanted to see in zombie movies is the actual moment the plague hits, and not just in one spot, but everywhere. You usually get flashes of it happening around the world on news broadcasts, but you never actually get to experience it happening everywhere. Then as the phone crazies start to change and mutate, the story gets pared down to a story about human survival in the post-apocalyptic world ruled by phone crazies. I'm so excited, I wish the script was ready right now so I could start production. But it'll get written (or at least a draft will) while I'm doing Hostel 2, and then I can go right into it. It should feel like an ultra-violent event movie.[4]

Au Naturale theBeamisHome is on a distinguished road theBeamisHome's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

hmm.. i remember being vaguely worried about whethe or not the Pulse had happened to everyone around the world.. so i wouldn't mind if they showed a lil of that as long as it was brief. i'd be concerned about Roth sticking to the story i suppose, but the book was really a lot of a gorefest itself.. at least in the beginning it was.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Default Roth no longer attached to Cell

In 2007, [Eli Roth] was attached to direct an adaptation of Stephen King's epic zombie thriller "Cell," but later dropped out. "I walked away from it," he says. "I love Stephen King and I love the book, but I want to write my own stories."

>>> Source

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh, that is to bad.I would love to see a movie made out of Cell!!!

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Roth would have ruined it, I think. Better in the hands of someone else.

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't know much anything really about movie producers but I hope someone good will make a movie of Cell.

Look out! Lily-sai is on a distinguished road Lily-sai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I really want to see the Harvard man in front of my eyes. It's quite easy to ruin this movie in wrong hands, so let's hope for the best.

And why I'm thinking of Thomas Jane as Clay Riddell? why, oh why? *slaps myself*

"...neither the stupid jokes nor the easy surface emotions were the truth of Cuthbert Allgood."

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    quoted for truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily-sai View Post
    Yes, I really want to see the Harvard man in front of my eyes. It's quite easy to ruin this movie in wrong hands, so let's hope for the best.

And why I'm thinking of Thomas Jane as Clay Riddell? why, oh why? *slaps myself*
    is he the same guy who played Drayton in the Mist, as well as Castle in The Punisher?

Look out! Lily-sai is on a distinguished road Lily-sai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, that one. *still slapping myself*

"...neither the stupid jokes nor the easy surface emotions were the truth of Cuthbert Allgood."

Am I the only one that thinks Roth would have done a decent job on this one?
    I'm kinda disappointed that he's not going to do it. I really wanted to see this on the big screen. I hope someone picks it up soon, because I think out of all of King's stories this one would translate very well to film. And if it gets done, let's just hope it's someone good that decides to make it. I'm worried Mick Garris might want to pick it up now.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sarajean View Post
    quoted for truth.
    QFT! Dude, no one spells it out! What's wrong with you?

Anyway, I agree with these two peeps right here!

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sarajean View Post
    quoted for truth.
    QFT! Dude, no one spells it out! What's wrong with you?

Anyway, I agree with these two peeps right here!
    Quoted for semi truths. I spell it out too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast