Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Cell with John Cusack

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool, I'll watch it. At least I won't be expecting anything great.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Cool, I'll watch it. At least I won't be expecting anything great.
    Expect zero and you will enjoy it...otherwise, prepare for disappointment.

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can any movie with Mr. Jackson in it truly be disappointing?

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I wouldnt say cell was a great movie, but it was enjoyable enough. I liked it better than Dolans Cadillac.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Dyson View Post
    Can any movie with Mr. Jackson in it truly be disappointing?
    If they forced the terrorists being held at Guantanamo to watch this it would be declared cruel and unusual punishment. It is that bad. Cusack looks like he was lobotomized before the filming began. The ending is absolutely hilarious but not in a good way.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Expect zero and you will enjoy it...
    I finally watched this yesterday. Thanks to this board, I expected zero and did enjoy it.

At first I thought, what was so bad about this? Now I reflect on it and think it could have used a bit more character depth, but given that it was such a small-focus story, I didn't think it was bad at all.

I admit, though, I have no idea what was up with...

Spoiler:
    ...the ending. First, I thought he detonated the truck, then thought perhaps he and his son were in heaven (as they were enjoying pleasantries, which wouldn't be conventionally possible given the detonation), but then Cusack was walking with the others in the circle (and hat tip to whoever thought of using "You'll Never Walk Alone" ), so I can only assume that he never actually detonated the truck but was tricked into hallucinating that so that he would become one of them. Does anyone agree or know better?
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Gunslinger Apprentice NoAttitudeThisTime is on a distinguished road

I kinda liked the movie and I agree the ending was confusing. I suppose your second assumption is the correct one

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yup, that's what I got from it too, but agree it could've been presented in a less confusing way.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9