Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: Weather Or Not...

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm with bears and Dodge, as far as heat is concerned. It's too damn hot here in Indiana (where I am staying at the moment...) Regular temperature readings are at 96F with hellish humidity...which makes the heat index measure at 102F. I can't even go outside. It's times like this where I am thankful I have air conditioning. It takes a little bit of the edge off...but I'm still hot. Anything over 80F has me wishing for snow, really. I like it right around 60-65F. That's when it gets perfect! (can it be fall, already?)

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

yes love, 60-65 is what suits bears best, too

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    'Cept last night when our air went out and it was 95F in the house by 11pm. One of the two power wires coming into the house had melted thru and broke giving the house only 110 volts where the air conditioning needs 220 volts. Oncor (the power company) came out at 1am and finished by 2am and inside is thankfully cooled down now!
    it has been around 95 in bears' house for about three weeks by now... bears don't have air conditioner, nor expect to ever have one. I think I am just going to die if it goes on like this for another couple of days.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    ... bears don't have air conditioner, nor expect to ever have one.

:::faints:::

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Does this tell you anything?
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Back to an Indiana normal 85F...with threats of tornadoes.

But...

There is now a tornado siren that can be heard at my house!!! They put it up last week!!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

As I understand it, most or at least a lot of Europe is in the deep freeze this season. We in Texas however are enjoying a most mild winter. My daffodils and hyacinths and quince are already blooming. The irises are budding. My trees are all budding out already. Hell, I have two ferns hanging in baskets on my pergola that didn't even die this winter! Also have two tropical palms and a tropical plant (can't remember what it's called) that are on my patio and still green.

We've had a few cold days but nothing that lasted more than a day or two and it's back in the 60s and 70s! Hard to believe it is February.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

did I already mention how much I hate you?

Spoiler:

We've had the warmest day in about six weeks: today it's a little above zero F, instead of being far below. But it's windy like hell, and chilly like nobody's business. I got totally frozen when waited for my bus in the morning, and have never gotten warm since (it's 10 pm now)

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Last week, we were wearing flip flops and enjoying temps in the lower 70's. Over the weekend, temps plummeted to the teens, it was sleeting like hell Monday night. It's 70 today. If you don't like the weather in Alabama, stick around a few minutes and it will change.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Hmmm... the opposite for me... this thread had much more meaning to me when I lived in Canada... they call it sunny California for a reason! My Emma said the other day... "Mommy, why do they even NEED weathermen here? It is always sunny!"
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Geez. I'm not one to really get worked up by the weather, but there is a really bad line of storms moving into my area here this afternoon. It's all over the weather channel, schools are closing early and i've gotten tons of emails about how dangerous of a tornado producing storm line this is.

It's expected to be so bad that Jim Cantore is currently in route to Lexington, KY. Like i said, I usually don't get worked up about stuff like this, but I was just looking online at the radar maps of the storms, and it does look really bad.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

My Mood
    Angelic

We've already had a taste of it in North Alabama and it was pretty rough. It's not supposed to get here until this evening.

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Geez. I'm not one to really get worked up by the weather, but there is a really bad line of storms moving into my area here this afternoon. It's all over the weather channel, schools are closing early and i've gotten tons of emails about how dangerous of a tornado producing storm line this is.

It's expected to be so bad that Jim Cantore is currently in route to Lexington, KY. Like i said, I usually don't get worked up about stuff like this, but I was just looking online at the radar maps of the storms, and it does look really bad.
    Yeah, on my drive home from work I ran into a weird hailstorm/torrential downpour that lasted the length of one concentrated dark cloud. I was suddenly convinced that my spur-of-the-moment decision to take a different route than usual was going to result in my death from lightning strike.

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Double post site glitch.

Country
    Country Flag

surprizingly, it seems that the spring is here, after all

Along the Path of the Beam TowerJunkie19 is on a distinguished road TowerJunkie19's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Indiana seems to get confused when it comes to switching seasons. Where I'm living for college the temp is going from 54 (today) to 87 within three days and then back down again. Drives me insane!

‎"A person's never too old for stories. Man and boy, girl and woman, never too old. We live for them." - Roland Deschain

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TowerJunkie19 View Post
    Indiana seems to get confused when it comes to switching seasons. Where I'm living for college the temp is going from 54 (today) to 87 within three days and then back down again. Drives me insane!
    It seems to be pretty crazy like that in a lot of places right now. Yesterday it was up in the 77F here in Kentucky and by midnight, when I was out with my friends, it was cold enough to need a jacket with it dropping down to 48F. It has had wide gaps like that in the course of one day almost every day lately. It is really weird and annoying.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Los Angeles is being a schizo this year when it comes to weather.

It rained Mon-Tue-Wednesday, Thursday-Saturday was blazing heat, and it rained again yesterday. It's cloudy today, we're expecting light showers tomorrow, and wednesday we're having a 95 degree day. WTF.

Oh and we had an earthquake yesterday.

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Los Angeles is being a schizo this year when it comes to weather.

It rained Mon-Tue-Wednesday, Thursday-Saturday was blazing heat, and it rained again yesterday. It's cloudy today, we're expecting light showers tomorrow, and wednesday we're having a 95 degree day. WTF.

Oh and we had an earthquake yesterday.
    it's like LA knows some bad shit is about to go down

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

PUBLIC SEVERE WEATHER OUTLOOK
    NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK
    1155 AM CDT WED JUN 12 2013

...SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS EXPECTED OVER PORTIONS OF THE MIDDLE
    MISSISSIPPI VALLEY EAST TO THE UPPER OHIO VALLEY AND LOWER GREAT
    LAKES THIS AFTERNOON AND TONIGHT...

THE NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER IN NORMAN OK IS FORECASTING THE
    DEVELOPMENT OF WIDESPREAD DAMAGING WINDS AND A FEW STRONG TORNADOES
    OVER PARTS OF THE PORTIONS OF THE MIDDLE MISSISSIPPI VALLEY EAST TO
    THE UPPER OHIO VALLEY AND LOWER GREAT LAKES THIS AFTERNOON AND
    TONIGHT.

THE AREAS MOST LIKELY TO EXPERIENCE THIS ACTIVITY INCLUDE

EXTREME EASTERN IOWA
    NORTHERN ILLINOIS
    NORTHERN INDIANA
    NORTHWEST OHIO

ELSEWHERE...SEVERE STORMS ARE ALSO POSSIBLE FROM PORTIONS OF THE
    MID-ATLANTIC STATES INTO THE SOUTHEAST U.S.

SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS ARE EXPECTED TO DEVELOP RAPIDLY THIS AFTERNOON
    OVER PORTIONS OF IOWA...NORTHWEST ILLINOIS AND SOUTHWEST WISCONSIN
    WITH A THREAT FOR TORNADOES...LARGE HAIL AND DAMAGING WINDS. SOME OF
    THE TORNADOES MAY BE STRONG. WITH TIME...THUNDERSTORMS ARE EXPECTED
    TO DEVELOP INTO A FAST-MOVING SQUALL LINE WITH THE PRIMARY THREATS
    BEING WIDESPREAD DAMAGING WINDS AND EMBEDDED TORNADOES. A FEW WIND
    GUSTS IN EXCESS OF 75 MPH WILL BE POSSIBLE AS THE LINE OF
    THUNDERSTORMS MOVES RAPIDLY EAST ACROSS THE SOUTHERN GREAT LAKES AND
    OHIO VALLEY REGION THIS EVENING.

ADDITIONAL SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS MAY DEVELOP EASTWARD ALONG A FRONTAL
    BOUNDARY INTO THE MID-ATLANTIC REGION WITH A THREAT FOR DAMAGING
    WINDS AND LARGE HAIL.
    I'm pretty much right in the middle of that pink circle. In a couple of hours I'll have a 2-hour drive straight through the middle of it to get home.

http://www.spc.ncep.noaa.gov/product...1otlk_1630.gif
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone heard of a Derecho (deh-RAY'-choh), which is a storm of strong straight-line winds spanning at least 240 miles? Me either but it's close enough to me to be worried!

http://weather.aol.com/2013/06/12/ma...est-northeast/
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Gunslinger Apprentice RandyinAK will become famous soon enough RandyinAK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I live close to Anchorage Alaska...... Now its light ALL the time, you could easily drive without headlights at 2am if you had too and it been beautiful lately, like close to 70 for the last week. We only get 10 days a year over 70 anyway and it gets down to 45-55 at night so today outside is as good as it gets, you could actually tan if you wanted and thats not that easy here
    Randy in Alaska

Wanted:
    These 1st/1st Editions:
    Salems Lot
    Dead Zone

Wish List:
    The Stand S/L in coffin box
    Firestarter S/L
    Doctor Sleep S/L
    Cujo S/L
    Christine S/L

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Storm's hitting here right now (PA, if you're curious). Crazy wind and rain, hail later, and it is scary dark outside. I drove a quarter mile and turned around. Screw work, they don't pay me enough to drive an hour in this. My commute's risky on a good day.

Yep, hearing sirens already.
    A lady always remembers her courtesies.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Got up around 9 and it was almost completely dark outside. Totally overcast, raining in sheets, and thunder. And now it's a perfectly sunny, summer day. Ah, Maryland.

(Though I think they said we're supposed to get round 2 of the storms around 3ish)
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep, same here in Delaware. Woke up to blackness and then the thunder started. The cats were going crazy. The sun's trying to come out now and its humid but I'm waiting for it to hit again. At least the electricity didn't go out **fingers crossed**
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I got in my car last night at 10:12 PM and the temperature read 87 degrees.

They are predicting a high of 97 today. I believe the record is 95. Many schools are actually letting out early or cancelling classes completely because they don't have air conditioning.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast