+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jake's Ruger

Gunslinger Apprentice EvaH will become famous soon enough EvaH's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Jake's Ruger

What does it look like? In the book it says it's a .44 Ruger automatic but apparently they don't exist. What would be the closest thing to it? I need a reference image for some art I want to do.

John F. Kennedy Chantarelle is on a distinguished road

Did you try and google it? I just had a look, and one of the first 10 links was 'images for .44 ruger' Can't believe a sweet little boy like John 'Bama' Chambers ended up attached to one of those things!

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

King is well known for his lack of knowledge about guns!

Gunslinger Apprentice EvaH will become famous soon enough EvaH's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Chantarelle View Post
    Did you try and google it? I just had a look, and one of the first 10 links was 'images for .44 ruger' Can't believe a sweet little boy like John 'Bama' Chambers ended up attached to one of those things!
    It was the first thing I did actually. I did see a lot of images for .44 ruger's but they were for revolvers not automatics like the one Jake took. I found some useful information on a gun forum so it's all good.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Chantarelle View Post
    isn't it exactly the point?

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

I've always pictured it as a Ruger Mark III except in .44 -
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

It was the first thing I did actually. I did see a lot of images for .44 ruger's but they were for revolvers not automatics like the one Jake took. I found some useful information on a gun forum so it's all good.
    In hindsight, not even sure why I replied. I have no idea what the difference is between a revolver and an automatic. Only guns I've ever seen have been on TV so I'm definitely not an expert. But I'm glad to see that you found what you wanted :-)

isn't it exactly the point?
    Jean, I'm sure you know where I'm up to at the moment, which is making Jake seem incredibly vulnerable. I wanna take the gun out of his hand, cut the crust off his sandwich and just give him a big hug.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Traveler Amelie de Sade is on a distinguished road Amelie de Sade's Avatar

Ruger never produced an automatic .44, but Wuducynn has the right idea, as far as looks go. The original .44 autos produced in the 1960's as well as newer models by AMT look very similar to a MkIII.

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

What an big clunky looking gun.

Traveler Amelie de Sade is on a distinguished road Amelie de Sade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mtdman View Post
    It is, indeed. The .44 AutoMag had a few brief years of popularity, simply because of the "omgwtfbbqbacon, look at that motherf*cker" factor. It also has a terrible trigger pull unless modified, and the recoil is so violent, many people ended up with broken wrists just from a single firing.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mtdman View Post
    Yeah, maybe, but "Ruger" is such a compact manly looking word.

Along the Path of the Beam twice is on a distinguished road twice's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I pictured a Mark III as well, but the closest thing to a Ruger .44 automatic would probably be a 1911.

John F. Kennedy KatetOfNineteen will become famous soon enough KatetOfNineteen's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For whatever reason I always pictured a slimmer version of a Desert Eagle. The Mark III is the closest actual Ruger model but the description in the book would make it a short barrel like a 9mm right?

Traveler Spesshart will become famous soon enough Spesshart will become famous soon enough

This is how I pictured it. Don't know why. Even though it is what we would call in Germany a "Kleinkaliber"

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Spesshart View Post
    This is how I pictured it. Don't know why. Even though it is what we would call in Germany a "Kleinkaliber"
    My thoughts exactly!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Traveler Saintmatthew is on a distinguished road

I always assumed it look pretty sleek, like an SR9 but considering the various realities and discrepancies between them, the fact they don't make one wasn't a big deal to me.

Traveler bennylava will become famous soon enough

I was wondering this myself. I feel like its somewhere that King got lazy and didn't want to do the research. Either that or he was confused.

Traveler Zurov has a spectacular aura about Zurov has a spectacular aura about Zurov's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The only way to explain the .44 ruger would be to realize Jake is not from keystone earth. The .44 ruger could be his worlds takuro spirit or Nozzala. But I always imagined the ruger .22 chambered in .44

Along the Path of the Beam Claude Clay will become famous soon enough Claude Clay's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Spesshart View Post
    and -- what a big clunky looking gun

---> Mr. Ruger used the same design he did for a corded electric drill;

grips & trigger are the same, the barrel is, of course, kinda a stand-off drill also
    make a fire for a man and you warm him for the nite
    light him on fire and you warm him for the rest of his life

+ Reply to Thread