Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast

Thread: A Song of Ice and Fire ******Spoilers!!!

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Nope, I have not finished it yet. I have 3 ball practices this week so I will have lots of time to read then.

I still think Jon is going to warg in to Stannis's body, thereby fulfulling Melisandre's vision of seeing him in the flames when she was searching for whathisname.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Gunslinger Apprentice beam*seeker will become famous soon enough beam*seeker's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ka-mai View Post
    I don't see how Varys could be Egg since he'd have to be about a hundred years old, and no one has talked about him like an old man (unlike Aemon or Pycelle).
    Oh yeah, good point. Well then, who the heck is Varys? I am betting Targyrean of some sort...somebody important and I bet he still has a penis
    People are always talking about truth.Everybody knows what the truth is,like it was toilet paper or somethin...All there is is bull*...One layer of bullshit on top of another...what you do in life...pick the layer of bull* that you prefer...

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't know, I think Varys' origin story is probably true (acting troupe, bought, castration) but it will be very interesting to see if his life post-castration and pre-GOT comes into play. I also can't wait to see what he's been up to between disappearing and reappearing in Kevan's chambers. Varys is one of those characters I hate as a person but love because they are so interesting. Unlike Littlefinger, who mostly just skeezes me out, although that might be because we already know his life story and it's not that fascinating.

As for Azor Ahai... I think Melisandre has been slowly coming to the realization that Jon Snow is the man she's been looking for, but she's keeping up the act for cohesion. She's obviously going to resurrect him and somehow he's going to get Lightbringer and realize he's a Targaryen and probably ride Viserion (Snow, white dragon, white wolf, get it?).

Actually, I would love to hear people's theories on who the other two dragon riders will be. I'm betting on Jon and Aegon. I'd like to see Tyrion be one, but I don't see how since he's not a Targaryen, unless Joanna slept with/was raped by Aerys. I could see this happening since Aerys thought Joanna was hot and was completely fucking nuts. They could blame the blond hair on Lannister blood and Aerys' Targaryen inbreeding could have been a contributor to Tyrion's dwarfism.

Wow, I think I went a little nuts with my hypothesizing there.
    A lady always remembers her courtesies.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

unless Joanna slept with/was raped by Aerys. I could see this happening since Aerys thought Joanna was hot and was completely fucking nuts. They could blame the blond hair on Lannister blood and Aerys' Targaryen inbreeding could have been a contributor to Tyrion's dwarfism.
    This is exactly what I think.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

High five!

Actually with a little more thought, I'm amending my statement. I think it will be Aegon and Tyrion on the dragons. Jon's got enough going on with his wolf, he doesn't need to hog all the magic animals.

Gunslinger Apprentice beam*seeker will become famous soon enough beam*seeker's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't know if I agree with all your theories, but it certainly is fun to speculate. Speaking of speculation, I hope we find out something about Nymeria the dire wolf and Rickon in Book 6...

And perhaps it isn't too much to expect Dany will reach Westeros?
    People are always talking about truth.Everybody knows what the truth is,like it was toilet paper or somethin...All there is is bull*...One layer of bullshit on top of another...what you do in life...pick the layer of bull* that you prefer...

Country
    Country Flag

Let's put it this way: If we don't see any of the three things you mentioned, I'm going to be pissed. He's dragged them out long enough. Dany should at least be at a port or something arranging for passage, it's getting ridiculous.

I'm kind of sad he killed off Viserys so soon. His crazy entertained me. It would have been fun to see him rage while Dany conquered Westeros.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Nymeria has been included. Arya's dreams of being a wolf in charge of a pack? That's her warging as Nymeria.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, but I want Nymeria to actually appear in front of a Stark or something. Optimally, reunite with Arya, although that probably won't happen until the last book considering where she is.

Country
    Country Flag

I was just rereading Storm of Swords... here's a theory.

Say Tyrion is a Targaryen. Does Tywin know? Some things point to no, like Tywin offering to send Tyrion to the Wall instead of executing him, but right before he dies Tywin says, "You're no son of mine." Was this just an insult or a literal statement? Is that part of the reason why he doesn't want Tyrion to have the Rock? This would also contribute to how Tywin left King's Landing during Aerys' reign and possibly to why he never speaks of Joanna (not from grief, but from shame or anger depending on if she was willing or not). Yes, Tyrion is a hideous dwarf who led to Joanna's death, but Tywin's rejection of him seems deeper than that.

Also, just a thought, why didn't Tywin send Tyrion to the Wall earlier? He hates the guy. Say he pulls something similar to Randyll Tarly after the Tysha affair, Tyrion would have been gone. I know this doesn't work plot-wise, but it seems more sensible than keeping around the kid you can't stand to look at and have no intention of giving your inheritance to.

My Mood
    Breezy

I thought we had talked about this before,
    Spoiler:
    but it's a common theory that Tyrion is going to end up being the third head of
    the dragon. I think in the end it will be Jon, Tyrion and Dany ruling the kingdom together. And yes, I do think Tywin left King's Landing because the Mad King fucked his old lady. Although whether Aerys loved Johanna or just did it out of hate or envy of Tywin I don't know. I also believ your conclusion is correct in why Tywin refuses to call Tyrion his heir, or recognize his intelligence.

Country
    Country Flag

Did it have to be either of those? It seems like most of the guys in the ASOIAF universe just rape when they feel like it. And there was something in DOD (I believe) that said Aerys found Joanna attractive, so it didn't have to be love or spite, just good old-fashioned lust.

Personally, I think either Bran or Rickon is going to retake the north (or at least Winterfell); Tyrion, Aegon and Danaerys will take the south, and I don't know where Jon Snow is going but he's going to be important once Melisandre resurrects him (because we all know that's coming). I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking Rickon has to be important in the future because he hasn't done jack shit yet besides be 5 years old.

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

He BETTER be fucking writing!

(Seriously, I'm surprised nobody's pulled a Misery on this guy yet.)

My Mood
    Breezy

He BETTER be fucking writing!

(Seriously, I'm surprised nobody's pulled a Misery on this guy yet.)
    I live about 5 hours away from him, and there's times when he's talking about football or his trips to Europe that I feel like doing it. I really really really worry about his frailty at his age.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

You know you'd better let me ride shotgun when you do.

Country
    Country Flag

Maybe we should start an Occupy GRRM's Lawn.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So what do you guys think about Sandor and his relationship with Sansa?

Also does anyone remember years ago on TDT.net when someone made a topic that said "If you finished DT, read this?" Who was it? I owe that guy a big thanks as because of him I picked up GoT from the library and I've been a fan ever since.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    This goes through my mind every time they have a scene together.

Country
    Country Flag

I think he's attracted to/amused by the innocence he lost as a child. Also he wants to fuck her.

Honestly I'm more interested in if he's dead or not, since apparently even when you do see someone die it's no longer a guarantee.

My Mood
    Breezy

I think there's definitely some tension there. He obviously likes her, and he acts all badass to kind of impress her, and at the same time because he thinks he'd never be someone she would look to as a suitable candidate for romance he remonstrates by acting badass and rejecting her so that she can't reject him. It's his way of protecting his feelings, I think. I'm sure he's a lot softer inside than he acts. Sorry if this sounds stupid, but I'm tired as all fuck and I can't find the right words right now.

Quote Originally Posted by bethany View Post
    This goes through my mind every time they have a scene together.

I think he's attracted to/amused by the innocence he lost as a child. Also he wants to fuck her.

Honestly I'm more interested in if he's dead or not, since apparently even when you do see someone die it's no longer a guarantee.
    I don't know. There was that big guy digging the graves, but at the same time, I don't think he'd just get religion because he almost died.

Country
    Country Flag

I guess what I mean is I want him to be dead because I am sick to fucking death of people coming back to life! So, we didn't see him die and people are just resurrecting all over the damn place, meaning he's probably alive, but I don't want him to be. Not out of any animosity, because he is/was an interesting character, but just because the plot device is wearing really thin.

My Mood
    Breezy

I once read an interview of GRRM's somewhere where he talked about people fake dying in books and he said it was a shitty plot device and he tries not to use it........

yeah.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    I once read an interview of GRRM's somewhere where he talked about people fake dying in books and he said it was a shitty plot device and he tries not to use it........

yeah.
    Well, I sort of wish that Jon will be the exception to the not using that shitty plot device, even though I myself find it annoying. On the other hand, with a bunch of zombies, you got to expect some reanimation somewhere.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I was just rereading Storm of Swords... here's a theory.

Say Tyrion is a Targaryen. Does Tywin know? Some things point to no, like Tywin offering to send Tyrion to the Wall instead of executing him, but right before he dies Tywin says, "You're no son of mine." Was this just an insult or a literal statement? Is that part of the reason why he doesn't want Tyrion to have the Rock? This would also contribute to how Tywin left King's Landing during Aerys' reign and possibly to why he never speaks of Joanna (not from grief, but from shame or anger depending on if she was willing or not). Yes, Tyrion is a hideous dwarf who led to Joanna's death, but Tywin's rejection of him seems deeper than that.

Also, just a thought, why didn't Tywin send Tyrion to the Wall earlier? He hates the guy. Say he pulls something similar to Randyll Tarly after the Tysha affair, Tyrion would have been gone. I know this doesn't work plot-wise, but it seems more sensible than keeping around the kid you can't stand to look at and have no intention of giving your inheritance to.
    Interesting theory, plus didn't someone kid him he was born with a tail???

+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast