Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread: A Song of Ice and Fire ******Spoilers!!!

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

What Chris said.

Further talking about rage while reading the series, I'm letting a friend borrow A Game of Thrones at yoga tonight, so I have the book sitting next to me. I randomly flipped it open to the end and read the Ned beheading scene. I had totally forgotten that Joffery totally turned around on his word and betrayed Ned. For some reason I was thinking it was Cersei who did that, not Joffery. Anyways, it filled me with blinding hatred. Now I just want to read the scene in A Storm of Swords when that little bastard chokes to death.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

OH NO YOU DI'INT GEORGE MARTIN!!!

He killed Brienne of Tarth...he KILLED her!!! Why? Why did he do that? I nearly threw the book across the room!

Man, I didn't see that coming at all - what was her purpose in the story to be killed off like that? Was she the main catalyst in bringing out the more noble side of Jamie, do you think?

I'm going to read through the whole thread now I've finished...I'll be back...

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

How do you know she's dead?
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Very true! I did go through all this with Arya, Bran and Rickon after all

...breathes...

Before I carry on, do we spoiler tag in here? There's a confusing mix of tags and no tags.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

I was just thinking the same thing. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool, I can go back and add 'em if needed!

I'm going to have to be really nerdy and go through the characters on the wiki at westeros.org because by the end of AFFC I was confused by parts where you were obviously meant to go, "OMG, that's - insert name from an earlier book - " whereas I was just thinking, "Eh?" I've given my mum all my books to take on holiday with her tonight.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm thinking that with the impending release of the ADWD, we might have to add spoiler tags to this thread. What does everyone think ?

My Mood
    Angelic

I think that's good idea.

Speaking of which...SIX DAYS!!!!!!!!!

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Sounds good to me Nando. Especially since with the show so many people are starting the series for the first time. And six days!!!! Agggg!

Lisa - I am in the camp that thinks Brienne is still alive. Especially since she shouted out that one word at the end, whatever it was.

My Mood
    Angelic

The one word and the fact that when GRRM kills someone, he really kills them.
    Spoiler:
    I know this was on the show but c'mon, we saw Ned's hair and blood dripping from the sword. That's pretty up close. I don't see him letting her/us hang (haha) in suspense wondering if she's dead or not.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm firmly in the belief that Brienne is still alive, especially considering the company that she's keeping.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Can someone quote the line about her last word, I just read that chapter this morning but all I remember is her thinking how much pain she was in - and now my book's on the way to France with my mum.
    Someone needs to decapitate zombie Catelyn, she is completely annoying!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Alright, in case you guys didn't notice we now have a spoiler tag in the thread, so fire at will.

Also, @ Zombie Catelyn !

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Double tap Feev

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Can someone quote the line about her last word, I just read that chapter this morning but all I remember is her thinking how much pain she was in - and now my book's on the way to France with my mum.
    Someone needs to decapitate zombie Catelyn, she is completely annoying!
    On the Westeros forums, everyone calls Zombie Catelyn "UnCat".

About the Brienne thing, when she's captured by UnCat and she doesn't believe her story about trying to find Sansa, she orders Brienne to either kill Jamie or be executed. Brienne refuses to kill Jamie and she, Pod and Ser Hyle are hung. As Brienne is choking, she looks over and see's Pod suffering and the chapter ends with "She screamed a word."

This one word she yells has really been debated. It has to be something that can really get UnCat's attention in order for her to let them back down. People have suggested she yells "Arya", "Sword", and "Ice" among other things.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Ahhh. Cheers! I think I was so outraged at her and poor Pod hanging that I didn't take that in at all!

I think Arya would make the most sense, seeing as UnCat ( I like that, it reminds me of UnLocke from the Lost forums) is all about vengence for her family, her children would be the most likely thing to get her attention. Still, off with her head I say! Unless she ends up being Melisandre's downfall - she is kind of her twinner - in that case she can stay long enough to axe the red lady and then get decapitated

At the end of AFFC, GRRM talks about how the people we didn't hear about in this book will be focused on in the next one - seeing as he also said the next book would be ready in a year do you think that his book plan changed? I'll have a nervous breakdown if there's no Brienne, Arya, Jaimie, Cersei outcomes until book six!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quite the contrary Lisa, according to advanced reviews , we're going to get more Brienne, Jon, Tyrion, etc., than we can possibly wrap our minds around. Give me copious amounts of Jon at the Wall and Daenery's across the sea and I'm happy

----
    "Just when it all seems to fall into place, there’s yet another glinting knife, another unexpected disloyalty. Machiavelli, you have met your match in Martin."

^That excerpt from the article that Bethany posted has me both extremely excited and nervous at the same time. I don't know if I can take another heartbreak though ...

My Mood
    Angelic

I know, right?! I am so stoked for next week but pissed at the same time. I have a supervisor's conference next Tuesday and Wednesday that requires me to stay overnight. I plan on getting up early and buying a THIRD copy of the book that morning. However, I don't think I will have much luck secretly reading that huge book and I know my roomie. She is a stick in the mud. She's not going to let me stay up all night reading.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

What a bitch. Tell her this is of the utmost importance!

Also, I'm so excited! I've read about 5 reviews so far and they have all been positive. I'm really looking forward to reading Melisandre's POV chapters. I'm sure GRRM will somehow make us sympathize with a completely unlikeable character like he always does.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

For you George R. R. Martin fans out there:

Hatchards Signed First Editions

Hatchards is pleased to announce that we have signed first edition copies of the following title in stock:

A Dance With Dragons by George R.R.Martin - £25

The fifth volume in the greatest epic work of the modern age

The future of the Seven Kingdoms hangs in the balance.

In the east, Daenerys, last scion of House Targaryen, her dragons grown to terrifying maturity, rules as queen of a city built on dust and death, beset by enemies.

Now that her whereabouts are known many are seeking Daenerys and her dragons. Among them the dwarf, Tyrion Lannister, who has escaped King’s Landing with a price on his head, wrongfully condemned to death for the murder of his nephew, King Joffrey. But not before killing his hated father, Lord Tywin.

To the north lies the great Wall of ice and stone – a structure only as strong as those guarding it. Eddard Stark's bastard son Jon Snow has been elected the 998th Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, but he has enemies both in the Watch and beyond the Wall, where the wildling armies are massing for an assault.

On all sides bitter conflicts are reigniting, played out by a grand cast of outlaws and priests, soldiers and skinchangers, nobles and slaves. The tides of destiny will inevitably lead to the greatest dance of all…

If you would like to place an order for the above title then please telephone 020 7439 9921 and ask to speak to the Hardback Fiction Department or visit the Signed Editions section of our website, www.hatchards.co.uk.
    John

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks John!

TODAY PEOPLE! I'm getting my book after work this evening and plan on spending as long as possible reading before I'm forced to go to bed for work.

What about you guys?

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I'm about to delve into the audiobook right now. I grabbed it in audiobook so that I can listen to it at work. I am pretty excited.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just started AFFC. So excited. This series is quickly becoming my favorite fantasy series
    If you love me then love me..

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Never trust a cook, my lord. They’ll prune you when you least expect it.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    Never trust a cook, my lord. They’ll prune you when you least expect it.
    I loved that!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast