Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: A Song of Ice and Fire ******Spoilers!!!

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Mostly dudes, that I've seen so far.

Hodor looks HUGE!
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Yeah, and as big as he looks in the pics he must be really impressive for the photographer to have taken so many pics of him. I'm "meh" on the men. I don't share my daughter's tastes Jon is dead on, though. Very happy with that choice.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

which one is Jon? Most of these aren't labeled.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

My Mood
    Breezy

that one was labelled. That guy needs to shave his shitty mustache. Seriously, Jon, in my mind, doesn't have a shitty mustache.

My Mood
    Angelic

Didn't even notice the 'stache. No, Jon isn't old enough to have one.

Re-reading GoT. Cat is a bitch.

My Mood
    Breezy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/5479018...7625146578445/
    of these two blond chicks, I'll take the short one. The tall one is flat chested.

My Mood
    Angelic

That's wrong.

My Mood
    Breezy

I wonder why Cat hates on Jon so much. Dude is such a nice guy, and she's just a hater.

Real life is like that too though. There's good people who have irrational hatred towards other good people, for no reason. My wife is an example. She hates my friend Yvette, that I was friends with since I was like 11, which we haven't ever had a relationship or anything. IDK why, she's always been jealous of her or something.

My Mood
    Angelic

It is so unfair of her to hold something against Jon that he has no control over. Personally, I could never see myself treating my man's child that way.

Demon of the Prim Yeah Sure Whatever is on a distinguished road Yeah Sure Whatever's Avatar

San Francisco De California, Cusco, Peru, Peru
    My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post

Hodor looks HUGE!
    He is huge! Older than I had pictured

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by Yeah Sure Whatever View Post

Hodor looks HUGE!
    He is huge! Older than I had pictured
    He looks just right to me, except he might have been even bigger. I'm pretty sure they say somewhere in the series that Hodor is the only one close to The Mountain's size. Besides, most people with Down syndrome (which I suspect is what Hodor had) look much younger than their age. My cousin Alfred is 2 months older than me and people think he's like 16. My other cousin who is autistic is in his late teens and people think he's about 13. IDK, it's hard to tell with the mentally challenged.

My Mood
    Angelic

But someone with Down's wouldn't be that tall.

My Mood
    Breezy

Good point. Hmm........

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

http://www.flickr.com/photos/5479018...7625146578445/
    of these two blond chicks, I'll take the short one. The tall one is flat chested.
    Oh that's great. I can't help but think he's hot, though.

I wonder why Cat hates on Jon so much. Dude is such a nice guy, and she's just a hater.
    I always assume it is because he is her constant reminder that Ned was unfaithful to her once and he is constantly being paraded in her face. However.....

Quote Originally Posted by bethany View Post
    It is so unfair of her to hold something against Jon that he has no control over.
    I agree with Bethany. It isn't fair at all. Her own children love him and he's good to them and her, even when he has no reason to be. I always cringe when I read the scene where Cat tells Ned that when he goes to King's Landing, it wouldn't be good for Jon to stay behind. I wonder if she would have done anything to him had he not gone to the Wall.

*edit*

Spoiler:
    Oh, and I hope that if Jon really turns out to be Rhaegar and Lyanna's son as most people expect, that the Un-Dead Cat finds out and feels as horrible as a vengence-filled zombie can feel.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Demon of the Prim Yeah Sure Whatever is on a distinguished road Yeah Sure Whatever's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

[quote=Erin;565146]

*edit*

Spoiler:
    Oh, and I hope that if Jon really turns out to be Rhaegar and Lyanna's son as most people expect, that the Un-Dead Cat finds out and feels as horrible as a vengence-filled zombie can feel.

My Mood
    Breezy

Me too. I really believe the theory, btw. I'm sure it's true, I'm just waiting for Howland Reed to show up at this point.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I know! Howland Reed, this mysterious character who's seen so much that we haven't been introduced to. I wonder if Meera and Jojen know anything about Jon's parentage from their father.

I wanted to bring up something new.....pronunciation. In the most recent artisan video on the Winter is Coming site, the costume designer pronounced Dany's name as "Den-Ar-Iss". It made me cringe. I've been trying to find some type of video or sound clip with GRRM pronouncing the names himself, but have been unsuccessful so far. How do you guys pronounce some of the big names? For me, it's:

Daenerys - Dan-yair-ees
    Targaryen - Tar-gar-yin (I've also heard it pronounced Tar-Gary (like the name)-In....which makes sense too)
    Arya - R-yuh
    Tyrion - Tir-ee-on
    Cersei - Sir-See
    Brienne - Bree-in

Any other questionable pronunciations you guys can think of?

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I know! Howland Reed, this mysterious character who's seen so much that we haven't been introduced to. I wonder if Meera and Jojen know anything about Jon's parentage from their father.

I wanted to bring up something new.....pronunciation. In the most recent artisan video on the Winter is Coming site, the costume designer pronounced Dany's name as "Den-Ar-Iss". It made me cringe. I've been trying to find some type of video or sound clip with GRRM pronouncing the names himself, but have been unsuccessful so far. How do you guys pronounce some of the big names? For me, it's:

Daenerys - Dan-yair-ees
    Targaryen - Tar-gar-yin (I've also heard it pronounced Tar-Gary (like the name)-In....which makes sense too)
    Arya - R-yuh
    Tyrion - Tir-ee-on
    Cersei - Sir-See
    Brienne - Bree-in

Any other questionable pronunciations you guys can think of?
    Tyrion - Tie -re-on
    Brienne - Brie -en

Doesnt matter how the are supposed to be pronounced this is how I will always hear it!

What about Baratheon?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, I'm probably going to be way off with my pronunciations, but here they are

Brienne - Bree-In
    Cersei - Sair-Say
    Targaryen - Tar-Gary-In
    Tyrion - Tee-ree-in
    Daenerys - Die-Nair-Ees

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Wait wait are you reading it in an English accent?

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Feev...I read somewhere that GRRM said Cersei is pronounced Sair-Say, like you pronounce it and that it's going to be that way on the show. It's going to take me a bit to get used to that.

Mo - For Baratheon I say "Ba-ra-they-on"

On a side note, all this pronunciation talk just gave me flashbacks to the Cuthbert being pronounced "Cooth-Bert" drama that went down forever ago at the .net.

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Feev...I read somewhere that GRRM said Cersei is pronounced Sair-Say, like you pronounce it and that it's going to be that way on the show. It's going to take me a bit to get used to that.

Mo - For Baratheon I say "Ba-ra-they-on"

On a side note, all this pronunciation talk just gave me flashbacks to the Cuthbert being pronounced "Cooth-Bert" drama that went down forever ago at the .net.
    Thats how I say it in my head! Also the Cuthbert incident was also what I had in mind too

My Mood
    Breezy

I think everything but Daeny and Targ is pretty simple.

Daenarys I pronounce Dane-Aries

Targaryen is Targ-arien

IDk, I may be wrong. I've always found myself wrong in situations where I use rare words I picked up from books, and find out they are pronounced differently than I believed. Palaver is an example.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Wait a minute....how IS Palaver pronounced?

Another thing that sparked this whole pronunciation thing was talking to one of my friends who went a few years back to a signing for A Feast for Crows and said that during a reading, GRRM pronounced Brienne as "Bree-In-EE". He said it took him several times hearing it before he knew who the hell George was talking about.

Also, the more I say it, the more I'm pretty sure I've been saying Targaryen wrong. It's just the way I read it in my head for the first time and it stuck. However, if you say it the way I do, it sounds more awkward than the way you do, Bruno. Targ-arian flows better off the tongue.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast