Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: A Song of Ice and Fire ******Spoilers!!!

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

I looked at the shirt you posted just now, and for the price, you can design your own with stuff front and back. Remember the shirts I was posting on fb a while back? All my own design, all 25 bucks plus shipping. I really want the lannister shirt I posted, still working on a Targaryen design I'm happy with, and none of the Stark designs I've done or seen online are worthy, to me.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Demon of the Prim Yeah Sure Whatever is on a distinguished road Yeah Sure Whatever's Avatar

San Francisco De California, Cusco, Peru, Peru
    My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    That would really be awesome Mo. I'm considering getting something from you for my Kindle.

Also.......

Spoiler:
    Don't be so sure Sansa won't marry Tyrion.
    Yours is a bit bigger than mine hahahahaha I'm sure I can work out the measurments though!

Oh you dirty girl teasing me. I cant wait to read on the bike tomorrow!

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by He-Man View Post
    http://www.valyriansteel.com/shop/sw...rk/prod_9.html

I'm thinking of buying the damascus edition of this sword, when it is released. At the same time, I'm thinking, 600 dollars plus can buy me that ar-15 I've been wanting, and I can actually use that. IDK, i don't want to pay so much for something that's just gonna hang on the wall.
    If you are going to purchase any swords from Valyrian Steel, please save the money and splurge on the damascus steel version.

I bought the regular version of Longclaw, and while it isn't evident from the pictures, the "laser-etched" ridges were very deep, and made for a really awkward texture on the blade. Almost kind of cheap-looking.

Luckily, I bought mine "damaged" (there was a slight curve in the blade that I still can't find...) at a rather reduced price. And yes, I really do love it, I'm glad I didn't play full price for it.

Demon of the Prim Yeah Sure Whatever is on a distinguished road Yeah Sure Whatever's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Pics Pond!

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Yeah Sure Whatever View Post
    Pics Pond!
    I would, but I am currently at university, and the sword is back home. Sorry.

If you lot can hold off until Thanksgiving Holiday, I can post pics, but right now I simply don't have access to it.

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

It'll be hard, but I think I can wait. Will you remember?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I dunno...I certainly hope so! If you can remember, feel free to shoot me a reminder come mid-November.

But, until then, trust me on this one. It will totally be worth the extra cash. Those swords are simply stunning!

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Well i asked if you would, because I have a terrible memory! Wait what are we talking about again?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, not much. Just about how you were offering to buy me this really nice sword...

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh yeah I remember something about a sword, however if it were from me it would be crocheted!

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by Pond View Post

I'm thinking of buying the damascus edition of this sword, when it is released. At the same time, I'm thinking, 600 dollars plus can buy me that ar-15 I've been wanting, and I can actually use that. IDK, i don't want to pay so much for something that's just gonna hang on the wall.
    If you are going to purchase any swords from Valyrian Steel, please save the money and splurge on the damascus steel version.

I bought the regular version of Longclaw, and while it isn't evident from the pictures, the "laser-etched" ridges were very deep, and made for a really awkward texture on the blade. Almost kind of cheap-looking.

Luckily, I bought mine "damaged" (there was a slight curve in the blade that I still can't find...) at a rather reduced price. And yes, I really do love it, I'm glad I didn't play full price for it.
    the ridges are fake damascus, so they're supposed to be deep, I guess.

I don't know about anything not damascus. If they make a damascus Dawn, I'll seriously consider it. but I'm not paying 600 for something I can't use.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

My Mood
    Breezy

My Mood
    Breezy

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Pond View Post

the ridges are fake damascus, so they're supposed to be deep, I guess.

I don't know about anything not damascus. If they make a damascus Dawn, I'll seriously consider it. but I'm not paying 600 for something I can't use.
    I guess I should clarify about the ridges. Whereas the website says they are "laser-etched", it looks more to me like it is an additional layer of metal they laid over the base blade.
    It really isn't a huge issue, if $600 is too steep. That's why I went with the version I got. Just something to consider. It's just not as smooth as you think it would be, by any means.

It really is a beautiful sword....especially with the wolf head pommel. Sorry if I made it sound as otherwise. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up if you are thinking of buying it, so you aren't surprised like I was

ETA: Very cool shirts, Jon I don't have money right now, but my birthday is in a week...maybe if I get some cash from relatives? The Stark one, in particular, is quite nice!

My Mood
    Breezy

Getting one soon, I hope. I'm still not happy with the Targaryen design yet.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Did you ever find a good dragon?
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

My Mood
    Breezy

Not yet. I need to find a .bmp one, so it's easier to mess with the background.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

If you guys have been keeping up with Winter-is-coming.net, you've seen all about the Moot that was held in Belfast last week. Lost of the cast and crew from A Game of Thrones got together with GRRM and fans to just have a meet and greet party. I soooooo would have loved to have been there.

Here are some awesome pictures from the Moot:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/5479018...7625146578445/

I especially love the picture of Renly and Robert together and I never realized how super duper hot Finn Jones is, the actor playing The Knight of Flowers.

And man, the guy playing Samwell is dead on looks-wise.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh wow there are some hot young men! The guy playing Jon Snow Renly Loras Tyrell

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Seriously! We're going to have some major eye-candy.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Savannah will love these guys
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Ahahaha! I don't discriminate, I like both the girly pretty boys and the rugged manly men.

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

I typically dont go for the blond pretty boys, but we're just looking at them we arent bedding them!

My Mood
    Breezy

::slowly backs out of thread::

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Come on John Blaze the ladies arent too bad to look at either!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast