Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Why I love DOTT and Favorite Moments. *Spoilers*

Traveler LeahFaye is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Mellow

Oh yes, and you cannot forget the lobstrosities! Dad-a-Chuck! Dad-a-Chee! I laugh out loud every time I read about their defensive postures and their inane inquiries.

Traveler CamiDeschain is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the book has REALLY funny parts. All the parts when Roland was inside Eddie were amazing. I laughed my ass off, seriously. He makes so many funny comments, and his thoughts on our food and our world are really interesting. I LOVE it.

That was the one that got me hooked. Best one for sure, followed by Wolves imo.

Gunslinger Apprentice beam*seeker will become famous soon enough beam*seeker's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Why I love DOTT, was the suspense of wondering whether Roland would make it to all the doors or die of infection. I mean you kind of know he won't die, but it keeps you in suspense as to how it will get resolved and how Eddie will make it through customs, etc. The interplay between the 2 worlds is interesting also, and of course the lobstrosities. I find it humerous that they get eaten and taste like lobster.

I still crack up over Tooderfish sandwiches too.

This book really "hooked" me on the series.
    People are always talking about truth.Everybody knows what the truth is,like it was toilet paper or somethin...All there is is bull*...One layer of bullshit on top of another...what you do in life...pick the layer of bull* that you prefer...

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by beam*seeker View Post
    Why I love DOTT, was the suspense of wondering whether Roland would make it to all the doors or die of infection. I mean you kind of know he won't die, but it keeps you in suspense as to how it will get resolved and how Eddie will make it through customs, etc. The interplay between the 2 worlds is interesting also, and of course the lobstrosities. I find it humerous that they get eaten and taste like lobster.

I still crack up over Tooderfish sandwiches too.

This book really "hooked" me on the series.
    Yeah, me too. It was the "Lynch-pin" of the series for sure!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Along the Path of the Beam rico567 is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by BillyxRansom View Post
    You people who "didn't care for The Gunslinger" are CRAZY! In fact, I may be crazy, but I found this to be my least favorite book of them ALL!
    I think the arguments both ways re: Vols. I & II are misplaced. Oh, people will like one or the other for myriad reasons, but the two can't exist apart, just as the series as a whole isn't King's tour de force if taken one volume at a time. Gunslinger takes place wholly in Roland's ("Mid") world. It doesn't take a close reading (all one need do is read the flashbacks) to see that much of it establishes Roland's character. Start the series with DotT, and he's merely incomprehensible, Clint Eastwood bewildered and speaking malapropisms, lost in a volume that takes place largely in our world.
    Could things about both volumes be criticized? Sure. You can criticize Moby Dick, or Recherche du Temps Perdu, but before I'll go there, I'll write my own book....

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah...D3 was my favorite. I loved how the lobstrosities were such good game but yet caused such such infection. It reminded me of the early 70's when we'd hit every infection with a broad spectrum antibiotics... Ampicillin..Amoxicillin...Penicillin

I wondered, throughout the book, if the infection was a result of the lobstrosities or the environment.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5