Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Why I love DOTT and Favorite Moments. *Spoilers*

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

I love the part where Eddie and Susannah are hugging on the beach and Roland thinks he wants to love. Such a touching part. I didn't know Roland much at that part he was a new person in my life still I felt it was a big thing from him.

Roland would have understood.

Gunslinger Apprentice JQ The Gunslinger is on a distinguished road JQ The Gunslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I had heard of the DT series,so i bought the first 2 books, The Gunslinger I wasnt very impressed with, and then this book I read and I was Blown Away!

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by JQ The Gunslinger View Post
    I had heard of the DT series,so i bought the first 2 books, The Gunslinger I wasnt very impressed with, and then this book I read and I was Blown Away!
    And it will get even much better step by step.

Country
    Country Flag

That part rocks where Roland attacks and scares the hell out of a whole pharmacy for keflex. Wow.

Traveler Indigo_Seven is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Default Easy

Roland seeing through Eddie's eyes for the first time. Seconded by the Gun-shop scene.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The gunshop scene, and the part where Andolini see's a "ghostly pale figure" after he's pulled through the door by Eddie.

Traveler bandito0 is on a distinguished road bandito0's Avatar

The series of events on the airplane and what happens in the airport following that. I enjoyed watching Eddie react under pressure and learn to trust Roland.

And seeing Roland actually take damage at the start of the book was cool. I went into this book thinking that Roland was your typical "nothing harms me" kind of hero. I was mistaken.

And "astin" cracked me up. I don't know why.

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John_and_Yoko View Post
    Is there something wrong with me? Even knowing what he did to Odetta and Jake, I didn't feel like Mort quite deserved the fate Roland gave him, for some reason....
    I thought that was wonderful poetic justice.
    Maybe there's something wrong with me.

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dante View Post

Tooter fish will forever make me laugh
    That was my first laugh out loud moment in the whole series. I tried to explain to my boyfriend how entertaining it is to have Roland trying to come to terms with our world, and I kept coming bak to Tooter fish and cracking myself up!

He needs to hurry and end with school so he can start on the stack of books I have waiting for him!
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by John_and_Yoko View Post
    Is there something wrong with me? Even knowing what he did to Odetta and Jake, I didn't feel like Mort quite deserved the fate Roland gave him, for some reason....
    There is nothing wrong with you. I felt some pity as well but I do think hedeserved what he got. If you ask me he got an easy and quick death.

Au Naturale theBeamisHome is on a distinguished road theBeamisHome's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My favoritest part of tDotT was one of my favorite parts of the whole series.. When Eddie gives Roland the airport food to take back to through the door and Roland tastes the soda... "Gods! So sweet!". It was so funny to me and I loved seeing Roland discover things that we took for granted in our world that they didn't even have in his anymore.

Country
    Country Flag

Roland always reminds us that there are so many cheap but still valuable treasures in our world.

Gunslinger Apprentice JQ The Gunslinger is on a distinguished road JQ The Gunslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My fav part is when Eddie is descriping what Baked Goose is. Pg. 45. Lol too long to right but its really great writing.

Gunslinger Apprentice BillyxRansom is on a distinguished road

You people who "didn't care for The Gunslinger" are CRAZY! In fact, I may be crazy, but I found this to be my least favorite book of them ALL!

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    It just blazes along. I get the feeling King wrote it on some "high" artificial or otherwise-possibly in one 40 straight hour sitting.
    Yeah, and Song of Susannah also feels that way to me.
    (Just checked the date, and this is pretty old, but never mind.) Agreed. They're twin books in that way. And look where they're placed, this one is second, SoS second to last.

Or maybe I'm just easily fascinated...

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BillyxRansom View Post
    You people who "didn't care for The Gunslinger" are CRAZY!
    I can't remember ever denying this deplorable fact...

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Traveler Wooshmeister is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I'm currently on Wizard and Glass, but Drawing of the Three's still my favorite. And you failed to mention the star characters of the book. LOBSTROSITIES! Dam-a-cham? Did-a-chick? *claws Roland's finger off*

Getting it on. at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

I find the greatest books are the ones that you refuse to put down. I mean to the point where you wake up and find yourself nose down, drooling in between pages (thank god for the softcover editions). This is precisely what happened to me while reading TDotT. I read it in one sitting over an 18 hour period. This book, as previously mentioned, has it all and it's tempo is right on. Not a lull in the action at all. So far I consider it one of the best by SK and I have read a majority of his work, save for the rest of the DT series.
    I am on vacation this next week, so my opinion may change......time for me to start on The Wastelands!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by at_one View Post
    I find the greatest books are the ones that you refuse to put down. I mean to the point where you wake up and find yourself nose down, drooling in between pages (thank god for the softcover editions). This is precisely what happened to me while reading TDotT. I read it in one sitting over an 18 hour period. This book, as previously mentioned, has it all and it's tempo is right on. Not a lull in the action at all. So far I consider it one of the best by SK and I have read a majority of his work, save for the rest of the DT series.
    I am on vacation this next week, so my opinion may change......time for me to start on The Wastelands!
    I tell you something.
    It will become even better.

Gunslinger Apprentice Whitey Appleseed is on a distinguished road Whitey Appleseed's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just started another re-read of this story. Someone else mentioned it, but I LOL when Eddie is with the priests of Clearing the Customs, the safari, I was scared to look down. I thought I'd see that guy's fingernail sticking out of my cock. Reminded me of a time I was lying on a table in a VA hospital and one of the internists decided to go on safari, really enjoying it. The state of my prostrate really made his day. If all the fantastic stuff that happens in Book I didn't grab you by the short hairs, what happens in Book II does the trick.

John F. Kennedy mate211 is on a distinguished road mate211's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My favourite momment was that when Roland and Eddie killed Balazar's gentlemans.
    A pic from the book:

Traveler wag117 is on a distinguished road

Default Why you love DOTT *spoilers*

I read this book probably 10 years ago or the like, when i was around the age of twelve, and it was the first of the dark tower stories i read. I then could not wait to read onward, and read the next two books in the series, which was all that was out at the time. It wasn't until later that I went back and read The Gunslinger.

To me, this is the best book in the series, really strong with the characters, and at the time for me, the doors and magic was a completely new concept. It was really the first adult fantasy I had ever read. While not the first Stephen King book I had ever read by far, it is the one that I look back on with most fondness, for the book itself, as well as ushering me into the dark tower and adult fantasy as a whole.

Now that I have shared my experience, anyone else feeling talkative?

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure they will wag--welcome to the site.

I feel much the same way about DoTT
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey there Wag

I've changed the title of your thread to make it more self explanatory and open it up to more discussion from other members.

For me, DOTT was when the story really began. I appreciate The Gunslinger more with every reread, but I struggled through it first time round and moving on to this book was like a breath of fresh air. It has everything you need in a story and then some. I felt instantly connected to the characters and could literally not put it down.

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

Drawing of the three is a very different book from the gunslinger, the first time I read it I was shocked at how different, its alot more fun to read than the gunslinger
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast