15 55.56%
  • Yuck-To cluttered

3 11.11%
  • Meh-I'm cool either way

9 33.33%
  • Like the idea but I have another suggestion

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Visible Sub-Forums--what do YOU think?

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Visible Sub-Forums--what do YOU think?

Please vote in the poll.

You guys may have noticed the sub forums for the main forums are now visible.

Is it to cluttered? Do you like being able to see whats there?

Let the site know what you think.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

I voted "Great-I like them a lot". I've been wanting something like this, especially for The Baronies section of the message board, for awhile now.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I think you know how I voted.

I think it would be better without the little blue and white pages in there (which I realize defeats the purpose) but I think that might be what makes it look so cluttered.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

as i saw the title of the thread, i was thinking to myself "i wonder if there will be a 'meh' option?" and there was!

i could go either way...regarding the subforums.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I could take them or leave them, because I almost always navigate the site via the new posts link anyway.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

i feel i must say that i'm not a fan of the little page icon thingys...whatever they're called. i'm assuming they're tied into this change?

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I really think that's what bugs me the most. I wonder if that's an option that can be removed and still keep the lists up.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I think that those are what lets you know wether or not there are unread posts in the subforms. White ones mean unread posts, grey ones mean no unread posts.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Exactly. I'm not sure there's another way it can be done.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't use the view new posts function, so I like seeing the subforums with the little white/gray page icons. The icons are the added value, without them I wouldn't care about seeing the subforums.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It definitely does look too cluttered, but I voted "great" nevertheless, because it is convenient.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't use "new posts" either - so I voted great

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

For my part I like them a lot. I can get lost so easily in real life and here as well it gives me help.

Roland would have understood.

The Master sai blaine is on a distinguished road sai blaine's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I always use the unread post link to browse the forum so the sub forums dont bother me either so i voted "yu....Meh"

So, earthlings..basically urm...end of the world...Here Come The Drums!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    I don't use "new posts" either - so I voted great
    Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    For my part I like them a lot. I can get lost so easily in real life and here as well it gives me help.
    I use New Posts for about half the forums, and I always prefer visible structure to concealed.
    I definitely do not like the blue, though, which has nothing to do with the color scheme of the site (to my half-blind eye anyway).

Demon of the Prim Ruki is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

i like it, the icons are a little icky but the links are so badass. and it shows off the contents of the forum a little more right there on the main page, lets random guests and new people see how much is here, that's sorta cool.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not a fan of the visible sub-forums, imo, it is too cluttered.

Goldmember Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I like seeing the sub-forums, but the icons are a little awkward with the brown background, especially the blue ones.

Country
    Country Flag

hear, hear!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, would there be a way to just color the link to the subforums? Or just take the little icons out? That would help.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

All or nothing folks

I am researching the possibility of a drop down so folks can click that and view them.

Country
    Country Flag

nooooooooooooo
    <- hates dropdowns
    <- hates blue icons

<- loves visible subforums!

The Master sai blaine is on a distinguished road sai blaine's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Matt the grandpa is getting with the times

So, earthlings..basically urm...end of the world...Here Come The Drums!

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post

Same here.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    nooooooooooooo
    <- hates dropdowns
    <- hates blue icons

That's like saying I love the moon but hate the wind.

I'm not sure the issue with the little icons, they totally match the site as there are plenty of blues in the banner...

We'll keep taking comments but its this or nothing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast