Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody play music?

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Default Anybody play music?

Does anybody else here play music? I play guitar, and was wondering if anyone else here played anything.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I took guitar lessons for 3 years and still can't play for shit.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I played a bunch of stuff in highschool, various lowbrass stuff and percussion. I was in a punk band for a while called Sweaty Toothed Madman where I played drums. I haven't actually played in forever, though.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I played clarinet in middle and high school band, but that's it.

My boyfriend has played drums for 14 years and can play guitar as well. I'm jealous, I'd love to have more musical talent...especially piano.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm thinking of taking up the guitar again - but after 9 years in a factory, I'm not sure my wrists could take it.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Gunslinger Apprentice Sai Joshua is on a distinguished road Sai Joshua's Avatar

I can play tuba, trombone and baritone. I play a little harmonica, but I am no professional. I am singing in a college show choir right now, I guess that is what I do best musically.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I play acoustic guitar passably well - when I was younger I used to play and sing on the street for money. Can also do some piano, flute and recorder playing, but not very good.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Ahh, recorder - I can fake that when needs be.

I've tried to pick up Irish flute, but I've been lazy about it. I brought one back from Ireland in '03 and have yet to really work on it.

Hmm, maybe I need to reconsider what I do in my free time.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

what is Irish flute?

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

My bad. Irish whistle.

Tired.

Goldmember Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    Ahh, recorder - I can fake that when needs be.

I've tried to pick up Irish flute, but I've been lazy about it. I brought one back from Ireland in '03 and have yet to really work on it.

Hmm, maybe I need to reconsider what I do in my free time.
    If that requires less time on the site, and more time with some whistle...the answer is no.

I used to be half decent at the alto sax, but I gave that up last year.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    If that requires less time on the site, and more time with some whistle...the answer is no.
    hear, hear!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post

And that's why I love you, Kevin.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I play guitar really badly - I have an acoustic and electric. I've been playing for about 7 years, but i taught myself...so when I say I'm bad, I'm not being modest

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Well, I am the resident piano/keyboard teacher here on .com! Been teaching for 19 years. I also play clarinet (used to teach this as well), and a little guitar.
    Played in a local rock band for a couple of years as well.
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I used to be fairly good on the harmonica, that count?

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I really miss playing music. I wish I had the time to be in a band again.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't play a lick

but I practice the skin flute as much as possible.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Quote Originally Posted by Storyslinger View Post
    all instruments serve the beam.

John F. Kennedy DTrose19 is on a distinguished road DTrose19's Avatar

I play the flute fluently, been playing for 6 years now. I've been trying to learn the guitar but it aint workin at all. I can play a little keyboard but not well, and used to play the fiddle but I think I forgot how, haven't played in about 7 years now.
    "This poetry is an echo of what you say." ~ Rumi

" Go then, there are other worlds than these." ~Jake

" Time heals all wounds
    but they always leave a scar,
    yours aren't visable,
    mine are." ~ me

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I play the

...radio.

I have probably more than twenty instruments in the house with me now and can't play a note.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Storyslinger View Post
    all instruments serve the beam.
    Thank ya, big-big!

Gunslinger Apprentice Grillslinger is on a distinguished road Grillslinger's Avatar

Default Anybody play music?

I play piano and guitar. I have always been very fond of Blues music. For about two weeks now, I've been learning to play blues harmonica.

Who else here plays instruments, and what kind of music do you enjoy playing?

Banned Jimmy is on a distinguished road

I don't play any instruments but I used to front a band. We had a lot of fun and I'd do it again if my voice hadn't gone to shit.

I need to retrain it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grillslinger View Post
    I play piano and guitar. I have always been very fond of Blues music. For about two weeks now, I've been learning to play blues harmonica.

Who else here plays instruments, and what kind of music do you enjoy playing?
    I would love to learn piano. The sound of (a) any good acoustic piano, and (b) a fender rhodes organ, are two of my favorites in the tone spectrum.

I also enjoy blues, and play a bit in that style though it is far from my area of expertise. It is a good style to know how to play in when it comes to playing with others as there is a lot of common ground there.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast