Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prose poems

Gunslinger Apprentice Jack Mort will become famous soon enough Jack Mort will become famous soon enough Jack Mort's Avatar

My Mood
    Bashful
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Prose poems

Hi everyone! New member here and loving the community! The poetry forums are fantastic, and I wanted to submit some of my own work inspired by The Dark Tower.

I thought it might be interesting to have a place for something in-between poetry and fiction, something for shorter pieces that I'm calling, for the moment, prose poetry. I'll post an example of my own, and I'd love to see what other people are working on!

Moderators feel free (I know, like you need me to say it!) to merge this thread into another, existing one. I just wasn't sure where to put it, of if a new thread was needed at all.

Gunslinger Apprentice Jack Mort will become famous soon enough Jack Mort will become famous soon enough Jack Mort's Avatar

My Mood
    Bashful
    Country
    Country Flag

On the same note, might be interesting to talk about what parts of Dark Tower have inspired what prose poems?

My Mood
    Bashful
    Country
    Country Flag

deleted by me (author). Old memories. Hope it's okay RF/Jean/Brice et al?
    Last edited by Jack Mort; 06-20-2014 at 05:38 PM.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

this thread might be moved to I, Gan

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I believe Jerome directed him there after I directed him here. My mistake!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Bashful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, guys! I sort of figured the thread was sort of right but kinda not!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

My fault entirely!

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Bashful
    Country
    Country Flag

No no! Nuthin' but a thang!

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Bashful
    Country
    Country Flag

My last piece is an attempt to get at something hard to describe. SK would have said it far better, but this one is, again, the best way I know to respond to a certain work:

My Mood
    Bashful
    Country
    Country Flag

Poem excised by me!
    Last edited by Jack Mort; 06-20-2014 at 05:37 PM. Reason: old old poems bad memories :( Hope it's okay to delete?

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

"Fangs a 'Lot."

We don't smoke pot in 'Salem's Lot
    We get our cheer from drinking beer.
    And when we tire of that crud,
    Our fangs grow sharp and we drink blood.
    We're at your window with a grin,
    Come on - tap tap - Now let us in!
    We'll embrace you and with a smile,
    Nuzzle your neck for a while.
    Then you'll be dead but not deceased,
    And at sunset rise for your feast.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

If you rescue me

+ Reply to Thread