Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Justin Cronin

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That to me is nothing special. The limitation page isn't even signed. It's just a signed first edition with a number and a slipcase.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    That to me is nothing special. The limitation page isn't even signed. It's just a signed first edition with a number and a slipcase.
    I agree. Just pointing out that if you do try to complete the set, theirs was issued with the case.

Gunslinger Apprentice FennyBate is on a distinguished road FennyBate's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The $50 - $60 version is the one with a tipped in signature page, not the one with slipcase and limitation page.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by FennyBate View Post
    The $50 - $60 version is the one with a tipped in signature page, not the one with slipcase and limitation page.
    There is no slipcased edition of City of Mirrors on their site. They only did one version of The Passage and it had a slipcase. It was still just a first printing. I have The Twelve from them, but I will probably pass on Mirrors. I'll get my limited from CD and complete my matching set.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    There is no slipcased edition of City of Mirrors on their site. They only did one version of The Passage and it had a slipcase. It was still just a first printing. I have The Twelve from them, but I will probably pass on Mirrors. I'll get my limited from CD and complete my matching set.
    I thought you were referring to The Passage in your original post, not City of Mirrors. My mistake.

Country
    Country Flag

It's all good. I'm just not into these faux limited editions. Sticking a limitation page in a mass produced book just doesn't make it rare for me. The tipped in signature page books are another thing I'm tired of as well.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    I've just been told that Goldsboro are doing a signed UK limited only 500 copies - not one of my usual threads so apologies if this is already been discussed.

Here
    Thanks for the link Simon - ordered !

Country
    Country Flag

I've never been a huge fan of the tip in either. I'm ok with the "limited" trade edition so long as it includes something to distinguish it from the regular trade. But like you, it doesn't make it rare to me either.

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, sorry - I was referring to 'The Passage'.

I already have 'The Twelve', and 'City of Mirrors' on pre order, so for a 'set' I guess I should get the signed Goldsboro 'The Passage' without slipcase.
    This would be academic if I hadn't missed out on the CD 'The Passage'.

Country
    Country Flag

Just to be clear the Goldsboro Books edition came with a slipcase. None were issued without one. The other UK limited was done for the waterstones chain.

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I should have said signed Orion 1st/1st hardcover. I'm starting to confuse myself!

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So many things to sort here. I went through my collection and I have the following UK versions. The Passage I have both a signed Waterstones edition without a slipcase and a slipcased Orion limited to 250. The Twelve I also have the signed Waterstones edition and a NON-slipcased Orion limited to 500. I added a slipcase to The Twelve from Jeff. Am I correct in saying that this new preorder is the third in the set without a slipcase and limited to 500? I just don't want to miss one since I've invested in the first two.

Gunslinger Apprentice brionen has a spectacular aura about brionen has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    So many things to sort here. I went through my collection and I have the following UK versions. The Passage I have both a signed Waterstones edition without a slipcase and a slipcased Orion limited to 250. The Twelve I also have the signed Waterstones edition and a NON-slipcased Orion limited to 500. I added a slipcase to The Twelve from Jeff. Am I correct in saying that this new preorder is the third in the set without a slipcase and limited to 500? I just don't want to miss one since I've invested in the first two.
    I believe you are correct, this 500 Limited City of Mirrors is the follow-up to the 500 Limited The Twelve, which was the follow-up to the 250 Limited and Slipcased The Passage. For some reason, most likely potential customer demand and success of the slipcased Passage, Goldsboro raised the limitation from the 250 of the first book to 500 for the next 2 books. They also dropped the slipcase and changed to sprayed edges for the second 2 books.
    I ended up getting a slipcase for The Twelve from Jeff, and plan on following suit for City of Mirrors. The one that came with the passage is so tight I can barely get it out, much less fit an archival cover on the jacket, so I'm actually much happier with what Jeff produced. I wonder if the tight cases were part of the reason Goldsboro dropped them after the first book.

Country
    Country Flag

Forgive my ignorance, but is Jeff someone who makes custom slipcases?
    Lincoln.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Forgive my ignorance, but is Jeff someone who makes custom slipcases?
    Lincoln.
    He does. Makes AMAZING WELL PRICED slip cases and has all the dimensions and colors for this series.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks. Do you have a link to his site, or email?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks. Do you have a link to his site, or email?
    jeffrey.whiley@ntlworld.com

Tell him we sent ya
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Will do!
    Thanks for the info.
    Lincoln.

Gunslinger Apprentice brionen has a spectacular aura about brionen has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

You can see some samples of Jeff's work in the "Aftermarket Slipcases" thread over at Calvin's Corner.

I'll also add my praise for his work. I've bought a fair number of cases from him and they are all top-notch. Plus, even with shipping from the US to the UK, his prices are VERY reasonable.

Besides dimensions for the Cronin books, he also has some nice stamps made up for the cases to give them some extra eye-appeal.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ready for Thursday

Gunslinger Apprentice terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    Ready for Thursday

Looks amazing, man! I'm hoping that my ARC's arrive tomorrow so I can bring them with me, but It'll be a great time even if they don't. I'm planning to leave here around eight to head down there.

Gunslinger Apprentice F1racefan is on a distinguished road F1racefan's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-CITY-OF-...0AAOSwAuNW3ufW

City of Mirrors unread proof $84.99 buy it now!!!

Prices are coming down on these.

Country
    Country Flag

In a short space of time I've emailed Jeff, discussed options, and ordered cases for The Passage and The Twelve, and pre ordered one for City of Mirrors. Excellent service, great guy to deal with.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Look forward to seeing what he comes up with for you.

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    Ready for Thursday

Nice, Shac. What are the two books above The City of Mirrors. I've never seen the all white Passage and the Preview Excerpt before. Could you post pictures of those two?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast