Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Justin Cronin

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Interest in THE TWELVE ARC seems to be running high now. I'm outbid again and I'm not going any higher. I think (hope) John is right and the price will level off at a lower rate once the book is published. Please post a SPOILER alert to any reviews!!!!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Interest in THE TWELVE ARC seems to be running high now. I'm outbid again and I'm not going any higher. I think (hope) John is right and the price will level off at a lower rate once the book is published. Please post a SPOILER alert to any reviews!!!!
    Calm down. I trust our members to not reveal anything significant-and most reviews-books, movies don't just say "The Crying Game"-she's a guy. The book is the second of a well planned out trilogy-marketing plan, there won't be many spoliers even when you read the entire book.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

She's a guy?! Thanks for ruining that for me!! Oh wait, I saw that one already.

....must...calm...down
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

I will be selling my copy when i have (gently) read it

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Sounds like you won't have to go the eBay way, there are plenty of forum members interested (including yours truly)!

Thanks to Dan's heads up (thanks Dan!), I won the ARC on E-bay. Also pictured is the Ballantine mass market paperback, which was just released. I've lost count of THE PASSAGE states I now have. Still at least two more coming.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Just saw that Michaël started this thread last week, good call! Already got some good info out of it, had no idea whatsoever about the error edition. Went and checked mine, which I bought at Aviano Air Base in Italy on July 26, 2010 ... no error and a later printing, number line 2 4 6 8 9 7 5 3.

I hadn't heard of Cronin until CD announced their S/L editions in 2010; I managed to grab a lettered of The Passage (and of course am still waiting patiently for it). I was one of the initial orders on May 24, before they doubled the run from 26 to 52, so will be getting a single letter (provided Mindy reads the "notes" section of my order before sending it out!). Am also having that one remarqued by Jill Baumann, worked that out two years ago as well.

Ordered matching lettered The Twelve when it was announced, and picked up the ARC on eBay two weeks ago (it was a BIN so I didn't steal it from anybody ... technically). Have been meaning to pick up an ARC of The Passage, just haven't got around to it yet. Don't have any of the other editions, though will probably get around to it with time. Has anyone generated a master list of everything so far (all trades (US, UK, signed, not signed), US & UK signed/limiteds, ARCs/proofs, etc.)? I see that RF got a good start on the list of trades. Was a UK ARC/Proof ever done?

I thought the story itself was okay, not great, too much like I Am Legend and any other number of stories. Matter of fact, when I saw the Will Smith "I Am Legend" movie, it was pretty much exactly how I expected The Passage movie would be if it was ever made. Maybe we'll see someday; can always hope. Just did a quick Google search on status of the movie, looks like last news was early 2011.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

There is a UK ARC pictured in my collection thread and elsewhere.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I like this review-covered proof, hadn't seen it before (only the one with the artwork). Looks to be in beautiful shape too. Any official word on numbers printed? I took at look at your UK one as well ... I've liked that cover art better than the US edition from the start, really draws your attention to her eye. Went and checked eBay for giggles, there's one UK proof up with a BIN of $235; way too pricy for my wallet!

Congrats on the proof!
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

I do not know how many of each proof were printed, but I'd like to know. I saw the UK ARC on Abebooks for something like $125 or maybe a little less, contacted my UK book dealer about it and was informed he couldn't find any at all so he recommended I buy the one on Abes, which I did.

And yes, that review proof is in very fine condition, I am very happy with it.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks to Dan's heads up (thanks Dan!), I won the ARC on E-bay. Also pictured is the Ballantine mass market paperback, which was just released. I've lost count of THE PASSAGE states I now have. Still at least two more coming.

Glad you were able to get one!

Justin Cronin trading card set from the San Diego Comic Con, still in the evil shrinkwrap:

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Received the ARC and multi-page promo pack yesterday. Of course they just threw the book in a large envelope thus it has a ding.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is it possible to get some pix?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Ask and ye shall receive.

Very nice! If no one else has commited to it, I'll buy it if you're selling.

Also received yet another paperback edition today. Ballantine, international edition printed in 2011, ISBN 978-0-345-52522-2, with a different cover layout then the 'normal' US paperback. I took a chance on Ebay from a UK seller and naturally the book was sent in a flimsy mailer with no protection, and is also a 4th printing. But at least I know what it looks like. I am looking for a '1st' of this edition if anyone comes across one.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here's a collectible for ya - any idea what this is? - http://www.ebay.com/itm/SDCC-2012-Ju...#ht_500wt_1413

That's the same item I pictured in post #62 of this thread, collectible gaming trading cards.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Got this today.

Also, at the Harkeness signing Tuesday at my favorite indie bookstore made my reservation for the Twelve signing. Just need to decide which other three books to get signed. Maybe the ARCs...

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Twelve signing? Where? I've been checking for book tour announcements for weeks!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's the same item I pictured in post #62 of this thread, collectible gaming trading cards.
    Sorry...haven't been keeping up with the thread.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    The Twelve signing? Where? I've been checking for book tour announcements for weeks!
    I'm happy to promote my favorite indie: Murder by the Book in Houston.

Just click on "Murder by the Book" and go to the October page.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

These came in yesterday and today; didn't even know the second one existed a week ago!

That 12 ARC looks like it's MINT!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sweet !
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast