Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: New King releases coming out on Blu-ray and DVD

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Shawshank would probably take that title. Although, Stand By Me is a huge personal favorite. I was thirteen when it was released so it really hit home.
    I have to agree, Brian. Very cool! I was twelve. Means a lot to me too.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

That second sentence should be "Jesus, does anyone?"
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    That's a pretty hot take on a classic horror movie. It's almost exclusive to King's fans.
    I guess it's like Lord of the Rings. A lot of the Tolkien fans loathe the Peter Jackson films.

I do wonder why King hates The Shining if he's going to praise stuff like The Dark Tower film or shows like The Mist. I'm no fan of Kubrick's film but I'd say it's far more reverential to what he wrote than those other examples. (Although maybe it's just a formality on King's part, him dissing stuff in the social media age would probably cause a fair amount of unwanted controversy.)
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    I do wonder why King hates The Shining if he's going to praise stuff like The Dark Tower film or shows like The Mist.
    I believe he "plays ball" by being positive during the initial release (and prerelease) period, when his participation in promotion will have an effect, and out of respect for the producers/filmmakers. As for Kubrick's film, I wonder how long King waited to begin trashing it (perhaps he played ball for a while then, too).

Speaking of things I'm too lazy to research myself, I wonder what King adaptations predate Kubrick's; is it possible that King was actually surprised that an adaptation could turn out to be unfaithful to his work (certainly a frequent occurrence later on)?
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Carrie is the only King movie that predates The Shining.

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    I do wonder why King hates The Shining if he's going to praise stuff like The Dark Tower film or shows like The Mist.
    I believe he "plays ball" by being positive during the initial release (and prerelease) period, when his participation in promotion will have an effect, and out of respect for the producers/filmmakers. As for Kubrick's film, I wonder how long King waited to begin trashing it (perhaps he played ball for a while then, too).

Speaking of things I'm too lazy to research myself, I wonder what King adaptations predate Kubrick's; is it possible that King was actually surprised that an adaptation could turn out to be unfaithful to his work (certainly a frequent occurrence later on)?
    Pretty much as simple as he didnt like that Hollywood crazy man Jack was crazy from the beginning right?

ANYTHING DT Related #246

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    Pretty much as simple as he didnt like that Hollywood crazy man Jack was crazy from the beginning right?
    That's the main problem. He also didn't like Wendy becoming a dishrag/zombie (I forget his exact phrasing). I forget how King described the overall problem, but if I were to describe the change, I would say Kubrick changed the story's heart from one of love to one of distance/alienation.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    That's the main problem. He also didn't like Wendy becoming a dishrag/zombie (I forget his exact phrasing). I forget how King described the overall problem, but if I were to describe the change, I would say Kubrick changed the story's heart from one of love to one of distance/alienation.
    That's right! Me mentioned that to Eli Roth or Mick Garris. Cant remember which. Kubrick treated her like shit too! "My hair is falling out, Stanley!" "Just ignore her, Jack"!

ANYTHING DT Related #246

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well this is a huge surprise, the original miniseries is getting a Blu-ray release after all.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/home-v...u-ray-release/

The cover says 'Brilliantly restored'.

Some more info on Mick Garris's instagram. Apparently Garris isn't involved but at least they're going back to the original elements and not just upconverting it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bzr5e8rFvk4/
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Awesome.

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Geez, The Stand, remastered in HD, I'm gonna cry!!!
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Country
    Country Flag

Scream Factory is coming out with a new version of Silver Bullet.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/home-v...veals-include/

My Collection

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I enjoyed Silver Bullet, but the voice over always struck me as odd, like it was some kind of deep, coming of age thing, when it was just a fun movie about a werewolf.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

"Mr Mercedes" s2 will be released on august 13th for the americans :
    > https://amzn.to/2Ytp74B
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    The mysterious, weird, DVD only release again. They should do a VHS release too.

seeking: ANYTHING DT related #246
    Ready Plyer One Sub Press S/L
    ANYTHING DT Related #246

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I just wish it was Blu-ray because that's the only way right now I can watch these things.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I just wish it was Blu-ray because that's the only way right now I can watch these things.
    I've never seen a blu-ray player that can't also play DVDs.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The mysterious, weird, DVD only release again. They should do a VHS release too.

Ready Plyer One Sub Press S/L
    Well, MR MERCEDES is definitely a mysterious weird release in France.

The american DVD has a french audiotrack and subtitles.
    The season 1 was released, in french, in canada and in belgium.
    In France?

Nothing.

And since last month, it is only available on streaming.
    Via Apple TV, with the StarzPlay option.
    I heard that it may also work on Amazon Prime with the StarzPlay option... but I cant confirm it.

All of that for saying that... well it's kind of complicated to see it, legally, in french in France...
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I've never seen a blu-ray player that can't also play DVDs.
    Sorry, I was unclear. I meant I don't have cable or streaming or watch movies on the internet. I can watch DVDs and Blu-ray DVDs on my marvelous machine!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Country
    Country Flag

First look at The Stand restoration.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/home-v...stand-blu-ray/

My Collection

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Those two comparisons are less than impressive.

Country
    Country Flag

The Dark Half, as a bluray/DVD combo in the UK
    > https://amzn.to/2ZrYdqh

Country
    Country Flag

The Dark Half, as a bluray/DVD combo in the UK
    > https://amzn.to/2ZrYdqh
    Silly in parts, of course, but underrated King adaptation I think.

Dead Zone 1st Edition F/F or NF/NF
    ANYTHING DT Related #246

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

In The Stand I notice that the entire picture is brighter (especially Stu's skin tone and shirt, more natural). But the biggie is that in the standard version the suits and the hose are pink. In the High Def Version the suits look green and the hose looks greenish yellow.
    I don't know if I will buy it again though. We shall see.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    In The Stand I notice...that in the standard version the suits and the hose are pink. In the High Def Version the suits look green and the hose looks greenish yellow.
    Isn't that odd? I noticed that too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast