+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Subterranean Press discussion thread

Goldmember Kingfan24 has much to be proud of Kingfan24 has much to be proud of Kingfan24 has much to be proud of Kingfan24 has much to be proud of Kingfan24 has much to be proud of Kingfan24 has much to be proud of Kingfan24 has much to be proud of Kingfan24 has much to be proud of Kingfan24's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired

So what are the details on this thing? Anyone know?
    Wanted:

Any Sk art portfolios
    Lsoe gift
    Salem's Lot Prints and Traycase!

ANY SK S/l #54 or #464

Goldmember webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Lifetime subscriptions. Just a different cover embossed.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, Thankfully 700 miles from Bill
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I corrected my initial post to reflect that they are only selling a single copy.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

It's actually in the Catalog under the lettered edition (roman numeral of 10). These have been auctioned off in previous years for the Haven fundraiser.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Traveler Camelot Books will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Hi Kris:

While I understand that you are a respected member here, upon this particular subject you are misinformed - all details will be revealed on Friday the 31st of May via one of our newsletters

Kim at Camelot

Demon of the Prim firemonkey66 is a splendid one to behold firemonkey66 is a splendid one to behold firemonkey66 is a splendid one to behold firemonkey66 is a splendid one to behold firemonkey66 is a splendid one to behold firemonkey66 is a splendid one to behold firemonkey66 is a splendid one to behold firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Camelot Books View Post
    Hi Kris:

While I understand that you are a respected member here, upon this particular subject you are misinformed - all details will be revealed on Friday the 31st of May via one of our newsletters

Kim at Camelot
    Looking forward to the newsletter, Kim! Good to see you here.
    Looking for:
    1) CD Carrie S/L & matching art portfolio #58
    2) Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof
    3) 1st printing Night Shift without dust jacket

Goldmember webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi Kris:

Kim at Camelot
    Yeah I know. I was wrong. AND you corrected me already on FB... thanks.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Here is the story:

Per Bill at Subterranean Press: "We had ten signature pages left over, and had them bound with 217 debossed on the book's cover. Four of these copies, which will bear Roman numerals, are already intended for private collections. The plan is to auction the remaining copies, one per year, with all the proceeds -- we're eating the production costs, etc. -- going to The Haven Foundation.

When we auction off the first copy, we'll put a notice in our email newsletter. Please sign up if you're interested.

I should add that, as far as production values go, these copies can't compete with the actual lettered edition.

Best,

Bill"
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi Kris:

Kim at Camelot
    Yeah I know. I was wrong. AND you corrected me already on FB... thanks.
    I'm not on Facebook and this is a different discussion. I welcome Kim's comment. I feel she was polite about it.
    “The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept.”

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has much to be proud of Bev Vincent has much to be proud of Bev Vincent has much to be proud of Bev Vincent has much to be proud of Bev Vincent has much to be proud of Bev Vincent has much to be proud of Bev Vincent has much to be proud of Bev Vincent has much to be proud of Bev Vincent has much to be proud of Bev Vincent's Avatar

When we published Stephen King's The Shining six years ago, we also produced a not-for-sale edition that was limited to ten copies, specially bound, signed by King, with Roman numerals on the signature page.

We intended to auction a copy off on an annual basis, but one thing after another kept getting in the way, and the plan was back-burnered.

Our friends from Camelot Books made us a standing offer for the copies that we had not already distributed, which we recently accepted. (All proceeds we receive from the books, less shipping costs, has been donated to The Haven Foundation. A check is already on the way to them.)

Camelot Books and Gifts will announce and offer (with more detailed information) this extremely rare edition of The Shining through their newsletter.

Signing up for the newsletter is the only way to purchase a copy, as they will not be sold through the Camelot website.

At 12:00 PM Est on Friday, May 31, 2019, Camelot will announce the particulars of the edition and take orders.

Owner Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, Thankfully 700 miles from Bill
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi Kris:

Kim at Camelot

Kim,

Perhaps you or someone from Subterranean Press, or someone from King's camp can clarify.

Is Camelot and or Subterranean donating some or all of the proceeds to The Haven Foundation?

If so, I'm a bit confused as two years ago I was informed by King's office that he was making THF a private foundation, and would not/could not accept public (or any) donations.

Gunslinger Apprentice Munnecom has a spectacular aura about Munnecom has a spectacular aura about

This was in yesterday’s SubPress newsletter (quoted in the post above yours):

All proceeds we receive from the books, less shipping costs, has been donated to The Haven Foundation. A check is already on the way to them.

Country
    Country Flag

I have to say, I am VERY intrigued by the offering on Friday. I wonder if the book has a Subpress traycase... I wonder if it was released with one? Do they have 4 or 10 for offer? How much will they ask? How will you be able to get a copy? A couple days to go!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice Munnecom has a spectacular aura about Munnecom has a spectacular aura about

That's interesting... Camelot made it seem as if they're only selling one book, but SP mentions "copies" and "books" - plural.

Perhaps only one book will be sold for now, with the rest to follow later.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

The original idea was to auction one per year. Note that this edition is nowhere near as good as the limited edition. (Subpress words, not mine)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    The original idea was to auction one per year. Note that this edition is nowhere near as good as the limited edition. (Subpress words, not mine)
    Yeah I heard that Bill said that. Alan, were any ever auctioned off that we know of?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I believe he said it didn't compare to the LETTERED edition, which makes me wonder whether it's a similar design, but perhaps with no traycase?
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Wolf's Hour
    Mister Slaughter
    Ilium
    Blackout

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    I believe he said it didn't compare to the LETTERED edition, which makes me wonder whether it's a similar design, but perhaps with no traycase?
    Yeah Bill was referring to the lettered. I wonder if they used the same page block as the lettered?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I wrote "Limited" because there is no such thing as a LETTERED version of this book. There are Roman NUMBERED editions.

Country
    Country Flag

I wrote "Limited" because there is no such thing as a LETTERED version of this book. There are Roman NUMBERED editions.
    There is 52... pretty sure my copy is lettered Alan.. am I missing something?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack's Avatar

From the SubPress website:
    Lettered: 52 signed, specially bound copies, housed in a custom traycase, with an original remarque.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Wolf's Hour
    Mister Slaughter
    Ilium
    Blackout

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

If only there was some kind of catalog on this site one could easily reference......oh wait....there is, and it is your friend.

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...The+-+Lettered
    FOR SALE OR TRADE
    Wizard & Glass Grant 1st Edition $100
    Artist Edition of Dark Tower 7 $70
    S/L Secretary of Dreams V2 $300
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $225
    Lisey's Story ARC $25
    Misery Suntup Gift Edition $175
    The Shining Sub Press Gift Edition $150

WANTED
    The Plant Part 1 Signed Limited Edition
    Signed 1st Edition of It

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry folks my mistake. I was thinking of 'salem's Lot. I have a Lettered Shining...

Gunslinger Apprentice kingfan2323 has a spectacular aura about kingfan2323 has a spectacular aura about kingfan2323 has a spectacular aura about kingfan2323's Avatar

Hi All.

I know I can have one custom made but did anyone make a slipcase for The Martian S/L? On the lookout!

Thanks

seeking: anything DT related #246
    Night Shift Anniversary Ed. (blue skull cover)
    ANYTHING DT Related #246

Gunslinger Apprentice kingfan2323 has a spectacular aura about kingfan2323 has a spectacular aura about kingfan2323 has a spectacular aura about kingfan2323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    Hi All.

I know I can have one custom made but did anyone make a slipcase for The Martian S/L? On the lookout!

Thanks

Saw Mr. WHILEY made one. I will hit him up. Any other ideas?

ANYTHING DT Related #246

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast