Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 40 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast

Thread: Subterranean Press discussion thread

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    I have a copy “locked down”.
    Certainly not missing this one. The only signed copy of The Shining that obviously I do not have. Seems expensive now, however it is unique and in a couple of years 1 of 10 will not appear such a daunting figure.
    Wired a transfer and secured “V/X”.
    Congratulations Alec looks like a beautiful edition.

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Thank you Alan, it certainly seems that way.
    As I said it is an item that seems expensive now, however over time I believe it will be iconic. Looking at the lettered Danse Macabre which is 1/15 copies, that is only a limited State with a letter. It commands a very high price, that is if you can find one. So based on some of the items we see I think this one is about where you would expect. Also taking into account this is not Danse Macabre but ‘The Shining”.
    As always only time will tell.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Thank you Alan, it certainly seems that way.
    As I said it is an item that seems expensive now, however over time I believe it will be iconic. Looking at the lettered Danse Macabre which is 1/15 copies, that is only a limited State with a letter. It commands a very high price, that is if you can find one. So based on some of the items we see I think this one is about where you would expect. Also taking into account this is not Danse Macabre but ‘The Shining”.
    As always only time will tell.

Way out of my league!!! But I really want one! Mr. Alec, can you kindly purchase two and I will make installments to you over the next 10 years.

It was love (LUST?) at first sight! This is my top King favorite book. followed closely by Salem's Lot.

Congratulations! I am glad you got the NEATEST King item seen in ALONG time!

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a copy “locked down”.
    Certainly not missing this one. The only signed copy of The Shining that obviously I do not have. Seems expensive now, however it is unique and in a couple of years 1 of 10 will not appear such a daunting figure.
    Wired a transfer and secured “V/X”.
    Why does this not surprise me?

Congrats Alec!! It's an awesome addition to your already awesome collection. Can't wait to see the pics!

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Many thanks Lori and Glen.
    Images will be forthcoming as soon as I have it. Although Kim and Tony made a fine display when they posted on their newsletter.
    Lots of positives to take out of these sales, it appears that King collecting is right up there when books of that value can move so quickly. There are not many authors who could command those prices on today’s market, it only goes to reaffirm our belief in the books we collect. Finally I think Camelot Books should be congratulated on bringing a very exciting new edition to the market place, coupled with what must have been a very healthy contribution to The Haven Foundation.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Images will be forthcoming as soon as I have it. Although Kim and Tony made a fine display when they posted on their newsletter.
    Lots of positives to take out of these sales, it appears that King collecting is right up there when books of that value can move so quickly. There are not many authors who could command those prices on today’s market, it only goes to reaffirm our belief in the books we collect. Finally I think Camelot Books should be congratulated on bringing a very exciting new edition to the market place, coupled with what must have been a very healthy contribution to The Haven Foundation.
    Oh did I mis that? Camelot is donating some of the money to the Haven?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    The way I read it, the money Camelot paid to Subterranean Press went to the Haven Foundation. Any profit Camelot makes on these sales will be Camelot's to keep.

All four copies were allocated within 90 minutes of the announcement, incidentally. I'm not surprised; for a King collector with the wherewithal to afford one, it's a no-brainer.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    The way I read it, the money Camelot paid to Subterranean Press went to the Haven Foundation. Any profit Camelot makes on these sales will be Camelot's to keep.

All four copies were allocated within 90 minutes of the announcement, incidentally. I'm not surprised; for a King collector with the wherewithal to afford one, it's a no-brainer.

HBJ
    Considering that The Haven Foundation no longer accepts donations from anyone (which is why our annual Fundraiser ended), I find that story... shall we say, hard to believe.

Perhaps I should have been more specific and stated that Camelot Books were the instigator of the exciting new edition being released and likewise with the donation.
    I find it hard to believe that a statement by Bill from Subterranean Press and another from Camelot Books were both false.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

It's also no one's business.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

I’m guessing haven accepted the donation due to the fact they’ve published Kings books in the past. I’m sure Haven is well funded with the boatloads of cash king makes each year.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    It's also no one's business.
    I mean if Haven is a registered 5013(c) in the US it’s anyones business who cares to look it up. Just look at their 990 filing and you can see where the money goes.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

No, I mean, it's no one's business what Camelot does with their income and what charitable organizations they donate to. I should've quoted t-dogs post for clarity.

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I suggest the Haven Foundation connection is a reasonable thread of discussion. The connection was cited by both SubPress and Camelot in their newsletters, and again by SubPress in the letter of provenance. This connection is worth celebrating because the Foundation greatly benefits from the sale. That all by itself is worth discussing because the sale/benefit might never have happened or might've happened piecemeal over years instead of all at once. Meantime, this connection mis-matches previous instruction that Haven Foundation is closed to contributions. That's naturally going to be discussed since TDT was an active benefactor of the Foundation, and still would be if not told the Foundation is closed to contributions.
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Country
    Country Flag

As already discussed, a letter of provenance from Subterranean should be enough. And what Camelot does with their profit is still no one's business. Kim might come here to explain things so the catalogue can be amended accordingly, but she's under no obligation to do so.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    As already discussed, a letter of provenance from Subterranean should be enough. And what Camelot does with their profit is still no one's business. Kim might come here to explain things so the catalogue can be amended accordingly, but she's under no obligation to do so.
    It is when you advertise the sale of a book will result in the buyer being a veritable donor to the organization as an added benefit. We were sent a letter (I've seen it and confirmed its contents via email) from the Chief Administer of the HF that they had reclassified their charity status with the IRS. Said change left them fully funded going forward and precluded them from accepting outside donations to the charity.

I find it equally hard to believe that a somewhat high profile Administrator of a charitable organization would express the above in writing and on their letterhead to a Sr. Representative of a fan site and the main content prove to be false. But hey, that's just me. It may be pertinent to recall that TDT.Org made regular and escalating 5 figure donations for many years running FWIW.

Personally, I am in need of some clarification from, Camelot or Sub Press regarding this alleged donations they advertised as part and parcel to the sale. Just my humble opinion.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I just watched my Blu-ray of READY PLAYER ONE and I noticed the Sub Press edition of the book in the special features. Is there a relation between the Artemis character in the movie (I have not read READY PLAYER ONE), and the same named character in Andy Weir's book ARTEMIS (which I have read)? I noticed Weir's name in the acknowledgments on one of the disc's special features.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It seems that the page from the Camelot Books website has been taken down.
    Are they all sold?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I just watched my Blu-ray of READY PLAYER ONE and I noticed the Sub Press edition of the book in the special features. Is there a relation between the Artemis character in the movie (I have not read READY PLAYER ONE), and the same named character in Andy Weir's book ARTEMIS (which I have read)? I noticed Weir's name in the acknowledgments on one of the disc's special features.
    I don’t think so. Weir wrote a short story for the sub press edition of rpo. Maybe that’s why he’s mentioned.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I don’t think so. Weir wrote a short story for the sub press edition of rpo. Maybe that’s why he’s mentioned.
    Not to derail the thread, but I was surprised that his next book is a children's illustrated book:

https://www.amazon.com/Cheshire-Cros...gateway&sr=8-5
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Are they all sold?
    Am confused.
    They were 10 copies.
    4 were already in private collections (?), 4 went for sale and sold, and 2 are hold by Camelott Books not to be sold.

Is that correct?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Are they all sold?
    Am confused.
    They were 10 copies.
    4 were already in private collections (?), 4 went for sale and sold, and 2 are hold by Camelott Books not to be sold.

Is that correct?
    Yes.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Ilium (Simmons)

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Are they all sold?
    Am confused.
    They were 10 copies.

Is that correct?
    Yes.
    That’s what I stated earlier.... lifetime members got the first 4? I think Kim stated that was not true. I cannot say for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

It's not clear who got the first four. Bill Schafer in his long ago post here said:
    We had ten signature pages left over, and had them bound with 217 debossed on the book's cover. Four of these copies, which will bear Roman numerals, are already intended for private collections. The plan is to auction the remaining copies, one per year, with all the proceeds -- we're eating the production costs, etc. -- going to The Haven Foundation.
    So none of the ten has been put up for auction before, just four distributed for "private collections".

Kim says in the Camelot newsletter:
    These have never been offered for sale. With a little deduction you should be able to figure out where the first four went and realize someone is probably going to have to die for those to make it to the secondary market.
    So I don't think it was lifetime subscribers, as we wouldn't necessarily be able to guess who got them. I suspect they went to four people closely associated with the project.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I would guess that 4 went to people in King's camp.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 40 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast