+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27
Results 651 to 666 of 666

Thread: Subterranean Press discussion thread

  1. #651
    Traveler The_Antiquarian has a spectacular aura about The_Antiquarian has a spectacular aura about The_Antiquarian has a spectacular aura about

    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    17
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    I thought the statements by Bill and news from Camelot state that the first four numerals went to folks who will never dispose of their copies until their “death (something like that), which all happened prior to Camelot getting ahold of six books. Then roman numeral V - VIII were sold to collectors, with the remaining IX and X held by Camelot as their retirement fund/the vault. To sum it up, we know exactly who holds V - X, but we have no info on who holds the first four.

    Am I correct?

    Correction: An individual by the name of Matt F* holds copy IX so I guess Camelot holds two of the leftovers from six. V, VIII, and IX are taken by collectors (can’t tell which other one got purchased).
    Arnold’s Want List by GRRM
    • Songs of the Dying Earth: Subterranean (Letter S)
    • Shadow Twin: Subterranean (Letter S)
    • GRRM: RRestropective: Subterranean (Letter S)
    • Hunter's Run: Subterranean (Letter S)
    • Armageddon Rag: Poseidon Nemo (Letter S)

  2. #652
    Goldmember Lot guy is a name known to all Lot guy is a name known to all Lot guy is a name known to all Lot guy is a name known to all Lot guy is a name known to all Lot guy is a name known to all

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Antiquarian View Post
    I thought the statements by Bill and news from Camelot state that the first four numerals went to folks who will never dispose of their copies until their “death (something like that), which all happened prior to Camelot getting ahold of six books. Then roman numeral V - VIII were sold to collectors, with the remaining IX and X held by Camelot as their retirement fund/the vault. To sum it up, we know exactly who holds V - X, but we have no info on who holds the first four.

    Am I correct?
    I can say with certainty IX is in my hands not Camelot not sure what numbers they kept. Direct from Camelot newsletter:
    The Wait Is Over!
    Here Are the Details
    You Have All Been Waiting For!

    Our initial announcement called this a "previously unknown" state of this book. We forgot some people on the internet take things too literally. Common sense would tell you that if it exists, someone has to know about it, it had to be made and handled by someone, in fact we've know about it since it was produced as we were lucky enough to be one of the four copies originally distributed.
    [FONT="Century Gothic"] There's nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home.../FONT]Sixx: A.M. The Heroin Diaries

  3. #653
    Traveler The_Antiquarian has a spectacular aura about The_Antiquarian has a spectacular aura about The_Antiquarian has a spectacular aura about

    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    17
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post
    I can say with certainty IX is in my hands not Camelot not sure what numbers they kept. Direct from Camelot newsletter:
    The Wait Is Over!
    Here Are the Details
    You Have All Been Waiting For!

    Our initial announcement called this a "previously unknown" state of this book. We forgot some people on the internet take things too literally. Common sense would tell you that if it exists, someone has to know about it, it had to be made and handled by someone, in fact we've know about it since it was produced as we were lucky enough to be one of the four copies originally distributed.
    Ah! You are the great Matthew F* from thr FB group
    Arnold’s Want List by GRRM
    • Songs of the Dying Earth: Subterranean (Letter S)
    • Shadow Twin: Subterranean (Letter S)
    • GRRM: RRestropective: Subterranean (Letter S)
    • Hunter's Run: Subterranean (Letter S)
    • Armageddon Rag: Poseidon Nemo (Letter S)

  4. #654
    Goldmember Lot guy is a name known to all Lot guy is a name known to all Lot guy is a name known to all Lot guy is a name known to all Lot guy is a name known to all Lot guy is a name known to all

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Antiquarian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post
    I can say with certainty IX is in my hands not Camelot not sure what numbers they kept. Direct from Camelot newsletter:
    The Wait Is Over!
    Here Are the Details
    You Have All Been Waiting For!

    Our initial announcement called this a "previously unknown" state of this book. We forgot some people on the internet take things too literally. Common sense would tell you that if it exists, someone has to know about it, it had to be made and handled by someone, in fact we've know about it since it was produced as we were lucky enough to be one of the four copies originally distributed.
    Ah! You are the great Matthew F* from thr FB group
    I'll take that, shit wife doesn't even call me the great Matthew but I might have to have my Son start referencing me in that fashion as he can still be molded at his young age, ha.
    Thanks Arnold
    [FONT="Century Gothic"] There's nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home.../FONT]Sixx: A.M. The Heroin Diaries

  5. #655
    Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Yankee Stadium
    Posts
    27,912
    My Mood
    Innocent
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Antiquarian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post
    I can say with certainty IX is in my hands not Camelot not sure what numbers they kept. Direct from Camelot newsletter:
    The Wait Is Over!
    Here Are the Details
    You Have All Been Waiting For!

    Our initial announcement called this a "previously unknown" state of this book. We forgot some people on the internet take things too literally. Common sense would tell you that if it exists, someone has to know about it, it had to be made and handled by someone, in fact we've know about it since it was produced as we were lucky enough to be one of the four copies originally distributed.
    Ah! You are the great Matthew F* from thr FB group
    I'll take that, shit wife doesn't even call me the great Matthew but I might have to have my Son start referencing me in that fashion as he can still be molded at his young age, ha.
    Thanks Arnold
    I always thought of you as "Matt the great & Terrible" F******, but that's just me. lol BTW, I'm still waiting for my signed copy of "Sleeping Beauties", Mr Great!!!! lol lol lol j/k

  6. #656
    Goldmember Lot guy is a name known to all Lot guy is a name known to all Lot guy is a name known to all Lot guy is a name known to all Lot guy is a name known to all Lot guy is a name known to all

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Antiquarian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post
    I can say with certainty IX is in my hands not Camelot not sure what numbers they kept. Direct from Camelot newsletter:
    The Wait Is Over!
    Here Are the Details
    You Have All Been Waiting For!

    Our initial announcement called this a "previously unknown" state of this book. We forgot some people on the internet take things too literally. Common sense would tell you that if it exists, someone has to know about it, it had to be made and handled by someone, in fact we've know about it since it was produced as we were lucky enough to be one of the four copies originally distributed.
    Ah! You are the great Matthew F* from thr FB group
    I'll take that, shit wife doesn't even call me the great Matthew but I might have to have my Son start referencing me in that fashion as he can still be molded at his young age, ha.
    Thanks Arnold
    I always thought of you as "Matt the great & Terrible" F******, but that's just me. lol BTW, I'm still waiting for my signed copy of "Sleeping Beauties", Mr Great!!!! lol lol lol j/k
    Thanks Bill, that would be because you had me send it to UK back from in 2017. On 12/9/2017 I received an email saying received many thanks?

  7. #657
    Goldmember Lot guy is a name known to all Lot guy is a name known to all Lot guy is a name known to all Lot guy is a name known to all Lot guy is a name known to all Lot guy is a name known to all

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,344

    Default

    Sorry Bill, I missed the JK part at the end, ha.

  8. #658
    Maerlyn's Imp St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Near Boston
    Posts
    2,099
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post
    The leather on the book is BLACK Leather...
    Were different colors made? They looked blue in this post:

    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...=1#post1150476

    ...which seemed to be confirmed in this one:

    Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    It looks blue in the photos, but it's actually black, isn't it?

    Quite striking, bold, simple design.
    No, It's very Blue. Alec and I agreed on "Cornflower Blue'
    Just curious.
    So...we're not invading Poland?

  9. #659
    Goldmember Lot guy is a name known to all Lot guy is a name known to all Lot guy is a name known to all Lot guy is a name known to all Lot guy is a name known to all Lot guy is a name known to all

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,344

    Default

    The case is a cornflower blue, book is black leather
    [FONT="Century Gothic"] There's nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home.../FONT]Sixx: A.M. The Heroin Diaries

  10. #660
    Servant of Gan Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1,621

    Default

    The endpapers are clad in this unusually colored material:



    ... designed by the artist Yanni (aka Laurel).



    HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

    Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Wolf's Hour
    Mister Slaughter
    Ilium
    Blackout

  11. #661
    Other worlds Patrick has much to be proud of Patrick has much to be proud of Patrick has much to be proud of Patrick has much to be proud of Patrick has much to be proud of Patrick has much to be proud of Patrick has much to be proud of Patrick has much to be proud of Patrick has much to be proud of Patrick has much to be proud of Patrick's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    12,671
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    The endpapers are clad in this unusually colored material:



    ... designed by the artist Yanni (aka Laurel).



    HBJ
    That should settle all questions.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

  12. #662
    Owner Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, Thankfully 700 miles from Bill
    Posts
    39,413
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Not really.
    Who's Yanni?

  13. #663
    Along the Path of the Beam NiceM will become famous soon enough NiceM will become famous soon enough NiceM's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    42
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Not really.
    Who's Yanni?
    Laurel? Sorry couldn't resist. No idea either
    Looking for SubPress Lettered:
    Farseer Trilogy
    Senlin Ascends and Arm of the Sphinx

    Looking for SubPress S/L:
    #8's Malazan Books of the Fallen

    Looking for Centipede Press S/L
    The Forever War

  14. #664
    Servant of Gan Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1,621
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

    Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Wolf's Hour
    Mister Slaughter
    Ilium
    Blackout

  15. #665
    John F. Kennedy OldCrow88 will become famous soon enough OldCrow88 will become famous soon enough OldCrow88's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Floating
    Posts
    23
    My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    So what you're saying is the endpapers are white with gold trim?
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

  16. #666
    Servant of Gan Joe315 is just really nice Joe315 is just really nice Joe315 is just really nice Joe315 is just really nice Joe315 is just really nice

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,657
    Country
    Country Flag

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OldCrow88 View Post
    So what you're saying is the endpapers are white with gold trim?
    No, blue with black trim

+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts