Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast

Thread: Subterranean Press discussion thread

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Camelot will be selling one of 10 copies of en edition of Subterranean Press' The Shining that were never sold before.
    they will be only selling 1 of 10 copies produced. You also have to sign up for their newsletter HERE

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Jerome
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If i am not mistaken, they will be selling 1 copy out of 10 produced, they are not selling 10 copies :

"The Shining
    Subterranean Press
    Previously Unknown State
    One of only 10 produced!
    Never offered for sale!"

https://camelotbooks.com/books/detai...nknown-edition
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

So what are the details on this thing? Anyone know?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Lifetime subscriptions. Just a different cover embossed.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I corrected my initial post to reflect that they are only selling a single copy.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

It's actually in the Catalog under the lettered edition (roman numeral of 10). These have been auctioned off in previous years for the Haven fundraiser.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Traveler Camelot Books will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Hi Kris:

While I understand that you are a respected member here, upon this particular subject you are misinformed - all details will be revealed on Friday the 31st of May via one of our newsletters

Kim at Camelot

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Camelot Books View Post
    Hi Kris:

While I understand that you are a respected member here, upon this particular subject you are misinformed - all details will be revealed on Friday the 31st of May via one of our newsletters

Kim at Camelot
    Looking forward to the newsletter, Kim! Good to see you here.
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi Kris:

Kim at Camelot
    Yeah I know. I was wrong. AND you corrected me already on FB... thanks.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Here is the story:

Per Bill at Subterranean Press: "We had ten signature pages left over, and had them bound with 217 debossed on the book's cover. Four of these copies, which will bear Roman numerals, are already intended for private collections. The plan is to auction the remaining copies, one per year, with all the proceeds -- we're eating the production costs, etc. -- going to The Haven Foundation.

When we auction off the first copy, we'll put a notice in our email newsletter. Please sign up if you're interested.

I should add that, as far as production values go, these copies can't compete with the actual lettered edition.

Best,

Bill"
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi Kris:

Kim at Camelot
    Yeah I know. I was wrong. AND you corrected me already on FB... thanks.
    I'm not on Facebook and this is a different discussion. I welcome Kim's comment. I feel she was polite about it.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

When we published Stephen King's The Shining six years ago, we also produced a not-for-sale edition that was limited to ten copies, specially bound, signed by King, with Roman numerals on the signature page.

We intended to auction a copy off on an annual basis, but one thing after another kept getting in the way, and the plan was back-burnered.

Our friends from Camelot Books made us a standing offer for the copies that we had not already distributed, which we recently accepted. (All proceeds we receive from the books, less shipping costs, has been donated to The Haven Foundation. A check is already on the way to them.)

Camelot Books and Gifts will announce and offer (with more detailed information) this extremely rare edition of The Shining through their newsletter.

Signing up for the newsletter is the only way to purchase a copy, as they will not be sold through the Camelot website.

At 12:00 PM Est on Friday, May 31, 2019, Camelot will announce the particulars of the edition and take orders.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi Kris:

Kim at Camelot

Kim,

Perhaps you or someone from Subterranean Press, or someone from King's camp can clarify.

Is Camelot and or Subterranean donating some or all of the proceeds to The Haven Foundation?

If so, I'm a bit confused as two years ago I was informed by King's office that he was making THF a private foundation, and would not/could not accept public (or any) donations.

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

This was in yesterday’s SubPress newsletter (quoted in the post above yours):

All proceeds we receive from the books, less shipping costs, has been donated to The Haven Foundation. A check is already on the way to them.

Country
    Country Flag

I have to say, I am VERY intrigued by the offering on Friday. I wonder if the book has a Subpress traycase... I wonder if it was released with one? Do they have 4 or 10 for offer? How much will they ask? How will you be able to get a copy? A couple days to go!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

That's interesting... Camelot made it seem as if they're only selling one book, but SP mentions "copies" and "books" - plural.

Perhaps only one book will be sold for now, with the rest to follow later.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

The original idea was to auction one per year. Note that this edition is nowhere near as good as the limited edition. (Subpress words, not mine)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    The original idea was to auction one per year. Note that this edition is nowhere near as good as the limited edition. (Subpress words, not mine)
    Yeah I heard that Bill said that. Alan, were any ever auctioned off that we know of?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I believe he said it didn't compare to the LETTERED edition, which makes me wonder whether it's a similar design, but perhaps with no traycase?
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    I believe he said it didn't compare to the LETTERED edition, which makes me wonder whether it's a similar design, but perhaps with no traycase?
    Yeah Bill was referring to the lettered. I wonder if they used the same page block as the lettered?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I wrote "Limited" because there is no such thing as a LETTERED version of this book. There are Roman NUMBERED editions.

Country
    Country Flag

I wrote "Limited" because there is no such thing as a LETTERED version of this book. There are Roman NUMBERED editions.
    There is 52... pretty sure my copy is lettered Alan.. am I missing something?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

From the SubPress website:
    Lettered: 52 signed, specially bound copies, housed in a custom traycase, with an original remarque.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

If only there was some kind of catalog on this site one could easily reference......oh wait....there is, and it is your friend.

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...The+-+Lettered
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast