Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can I read WttK without reading the other DT books?

Traveler SKFan54012 is on a distinguished road

Default Can I read WttK without reading the other DT books?

I am a new member here. Hello to all. I was wondering something. I recently got The Wind Through the Keyhole @ my local library. Do I need to read the rest of the Dark Tower series n order to understand the story in this book?

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Hello. Firstly, welcome. Secondly, introduce yourself here. Thirdly, yes.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It can stand alone as a story, but you will be quite confused with some of the back story. I highly recommend starting at the beginning. Welcome to the board.

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

Welcome to the forum!
    If you want to be really thorough, you'll need to read all of King's other books as well... since many of them tie in to the Dark Tower story. I wouldn't allow myself to read any of the Dark Tower series until I had read all his previous works in the order they were released. Then, I read the Dark Tower series and really enjoyed the referenced to his other books... that I would have missed otherwise. Of course, that's only if you intend to be a dedicated King fan and see reading all his writing as entertainment and not work.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Hello. Firstly, welcome. Secondly, introduce yourself here. Thirdly, yes.
    What Shannon said.

This thread will be archived soon.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stkmw02 View Post
    Welcome to the forum!
    If you want to be really thorough, you'll need to read all of King's other books as well... since many of them tie in to the Dark Tower story. I wouldn't allow myself to read any of the Dark Tower series until I had read all his previous works in the order they were released. Then, I read the Dark Tower series and really enjoyed the referenced to his other books... that I would have missed otherwise. Of course, that's only if you intend to be a dedicated King fan and see reading all his writing as entertainment and not work.
    ...and if you have a few years of reading time available.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

...or if you're a cyborg and can load data to your memory files.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That would be so cool. I really wish I was a cyborg.

I would have to make sure there was on "override" or "shut off" switch though...rookie mistake.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

I know it's an old question but I must jump in: King himself answers this at the beginning of the book. So just go for it and enjoy the journey.

Roland would have understood.

+ Reply to Thread