Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which comic cover artwork is your favorite?

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Poll Closed

0 0%
  • Poll Closed

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Comic Cover Artwork Challenge: The Dark Tower

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Default The Comic Cover Artwork Challenge: The Dark Tower

The Comic Cover Artwork Challenge
    The Dark Tower

Something fun I'd like to try. I'd like to determine which Stephen King-related comic cover is the "best". Quite simple, choose your favorite. We will be starting with The Dark Tower comics first, beginning with The Gunslinger Born #1. First one to five points wins, then the winners from each issue will face-off, until we have a winner. Vote above and discuss below. The next poll will begin once the current poll has a winner.

The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger Born #1

Choice #1: Jae Lee First Printing Cover
    Choice #2: Jae Lee Book Market Variant Cover

Choice #3: Joe Quesada Variant Cover
    Choice #4: Jae Lee Sketch Variant Cover

Choice #5: Joe Quesada Second Printing Cover
    Choice #6: Jae Lee Third Printing Cover

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I voted for choice #1: Jae Lee First Printing Cover. It's classic, and for me, is really the iconic image, the first thing I think of when someone mentions the DT comics ... #6 is damn good, but not like #1.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

4-1-0-0-1-0! Jae Lee's First Printing Cover just needs one more vote for the win!

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The image of #1 and #2 is good, so from a composition point of view I guess I'd go with them. (I'm not sure which I'd choose as they're so similar, the second just having darker tones.) Lets say 1, as it came first.

However, cool though it is, the way Roland stands with his arms crossed, gun on each shoulder is as if he is trying to look cool, and that's out of character.

I guess I'd go with #4 then as that encapsulates the Roland of The Gunslinger. I really like #3, though, as it shows a gunslinger in operation in a pose more reminiscent of the character, but I think that's a little too 'generic gunslinger' for Roland.

In short, I guess I like them all in different ways. But if I had to pick I'd go with #4.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger Born #1 Winner

As soon as I am able to edit the poll (getting the powers now, lol) we will vote on #2!

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And I daftly waffled on and didn't notice the actual poll at the top!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

It's ok. Your vote still counts!

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

From now on, just reply to the thread with your vote, thanks!

The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger Born #2

Choice #2: David Finch Variant Cover

Choice #3: Jae Lee Sketch Variant Cover
    Choice #4: Stuart Immonen Second Printing Cover

Choice #5: Jae Lee Third Printing Cover

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

My vote goes to Choice #2: David Finch Variant Cover. Beautiful.

Country
    Country Flag

Aesthetically #2 is the most gorgeous, I agree. I'm going with #1 though as it fits the contents of the story better.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Great, so now I need to get the 3rd printing variant (have the rest.)

I vote for the Finch variant.

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

"That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Currently: 1-3-0-0-1

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

It'd be nice if more people participated.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

No worries. Got all the time in the world ...

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Bump?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I like the second one.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Numero uno!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

2-4-0-0-1!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

One. Last. Bump. Attempt.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger Born #2 Winner

#3 coming soon!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Please reply to the thread with your vote, thanks!

The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger Born #3

Choice #2: Leinil Yu Variant Cover

Choice #3: Jae Lee Sketch Variant Cover
    Choice #4: John Romita, Jr. Second Printing Cover

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast