Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Pat, I'd like to buy a vowel, please!

Demon of the Prim Maturins_Daughter is on a distinguished road Maturins_Daughter's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Pat, I'd like to buy a vowel, please!

Find back-to-back words with the same number of letters that are spelled alike except for one vowel. As always, please limit yourself to 5 answers to begin with. If the puzzle goes long enough without completion, I’ll give the go-ahead to finish it off.

Example: After the vampire ____ ____ me, I needed rabies shots. (bat, bit)

1. The poker player wanted to ____, ____ he was out of money. {Shannon - bet, but}

2. How often do the passengers on a cruise ____ ____ for bargains at local stores when they’re at a port? {Shannon - ship, shop}

3. The orchestra had a ____ ____ section . {Jean - strong, string}

4. Ship hands raising a ____ ____ know exactly what they’re doing. {stkmw02 - mast, must}

5. Do people in ____ ____ longer? {Shannon - love, live}

6. The stock analyst expected to see manufacturers of the latest computer ____ ____ prices within six months. {becca69- chip, chop}

7. It’s hard to watch sailors at a ____ ____ with their loved ones. {Jean - port, part}

8. Is there a handyman I can ____ ____ in the neighborhood? {Jean - hire, here}

9. They watched their ____ ____ a hole in the backyard. {Jean - dog, dig}

10. Prospectors looking for gold ____ ____ scattered throughout this area. {Shannon - ore, are}

11. People who like to ____ ____ for all kinds of excuses to justify their constant complaining. {stkmw02 - gripe, grope}

12. At the local police
    Spoiler:
    DEPARTMENT, DEPORTMENT
    of off-duty officers is a major item in their personnel files.

13. Coffee drinkers don’t expect a ____ ____. {Jean - bland, blend}

14. After ____ ____ at the directors’ meeting, Mr. Lee received a standing ovation.{stkmw02 - Spike, spoke}

15. Did Mrs. O’Leary’s cow really make the ____ ____ and start the Chicago fire? {Jean - barn, burn}

16. Elite is among the words that begin ____ ____ with the same vowel. {Shannon - and, end}

17. Would a ____ ____ out for a small aircraft while flying? {stkmw02 - witch, watch}

18. The ____ ____ produce water only as clean as the river that feeds it. {stkmw02 - well, will}

Good luck!
    Last edited by Maturins_Daughter; 07-13-2012 at 06:45 AM. Reason: Finishing this one off!

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

1. The poker player wanted to ____, ____ he was out of money. (bet, but)

2. How often do the passengers on a cruise ____ ____ for bargains at local stores when they’re at a port? (ship, shop)

5. Do people in ____ ____ longer? (love, live)

10. Prospectors looking for gold ____ ____ scattered throughout this area. (ore, are)

16. Elite is among the words that begin ____ ____ with the same vowel. (and end)

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

3. strong string
    7. port part
    8. hire here
    9. dog dig
    15. barn burn

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Demon of the Prim Maturins_Daughter is on a distinguished road Maturins_Daughter's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

So far so good!

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

4. mast must
    11. gripe grope
    14. Spike spoke
    17. witch watch
    18. well will

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Excellent! Now only 6, 12, & 13 remain!

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

6. drive, drove?

Does whatever a spiderman does.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

No, but that's a good guess! It is a computer part that will fit one of the blanks.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

6. chip, chop
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    6. chip, chop
    That's it! Just 2 to go!

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

12. At the local police ____, ____ of off-duty officers is a major item in their personnel files. Hint: Where do officers start their day?

13. Coffee drinkers don’t expect a ____ ____. Hint: Something that isn't spicy is...?

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

bland blend

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

That's one! One more to go

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Finished line 12 as one nobody wants to touch Howver, added spoiler tags if anyone still wants to give it a shot.

Country
    Country Flag

OH SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how could bears be so dumb!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Jean! I've never heard such language from you!!!
    Bears are not dumb

Country
    Country Flag