Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Computer Talk!

Demon of the Prim Maturins_Daughter is on a distinguished road Maturins_Daughter's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNINGS CHILDE View Post
    10. bite (byte)
    You say true!

Puzzle complete!

1. Were both father and _____ when they fell asleep at the play last night? {stkmw02 - mother bored aka motherboard}

2. After the first inning, the Yankees were ahead one _____. {OchrisO - zip}

3. Was Jack _____a perfect 20-20 when he starred in Dragnet? {Jean - Webb's sight aka website}

4. Did the new fishing ____ as well as the old one? {mystima - net work aka network}

5. A male ovine is more commonly called a _____? {OchrisO - ram}

6. How often did Nikita speak to _____ the red phone? {mystima - Ike on aka icon}

7. The soldiers who were supposed to protect the _____ away instead. {Jean - fort ran aka Fortran}

8. Her favorite disaster movie was Krakatoa East of _____. {OchrisO - Java}

9. The Ambassador will be _____ Aviv all of next week. {OchrisO - in Tel aka Intel}

10. The Irish musician said, “Happiness is a _____ to eat and three or four groupies.” {BROWNINGS CHILDE - bite aka byte}

11. Charles didn’t like to be called _____. {Jean - Chip}

12. Rather than risk his next season being a _____ Wee Reese retired from baseball. {Jean - flop, Pee aka floppy}

13. It’s a long _____ from New York to Miami. {stkmw02 - drive}

14. Does the wooden _____ twice as much as the aluminum one? {Iwritecode - gate weight, Gateway}

15. The city council decided to take _____ school funding issues at the next session. {mystima - up grade aka upgrade}

16. There was a new challenge _____ Dillon during every episode of Gunsmoke. {OchrisO - for Matt aka format}

17. He tried reading the latest bestseller, but he just couldn’t get _____. {Jean - into it aka Intuit}

18. There were no cold cuts in the refrigerator, so he opened a can of _____. {stkmw02 - spam}

19. The shirts are available in S, M, L, and _____. {stkmw02 - XL aka Excel}

20. _____ a sorrowful thing to realize how few people appreciate Shakespearean English. {stkmw02 - Lo, tis aka Lotus}
    Last edited by Maturins_Daughter; 06-24-2012 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Added puzzle to top of this page so we don't have to go back.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

11. Chip?

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Demon of the Prim Maturins_Daughter is on a distinguished road Maturins_Daughter's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    11. Chip?
    Yessirree!!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

that wooden/aluminum thing is driving bears insane

: Shardik :

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

If no progress is made after I get home from work today, I may give a hint or two.

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

I already made my five guesses... so I won't guess again. BUT If it's not a bat, it could be... a boat? a bench? siding? fencing? beams? handles? a mail box?

Just tossing thoughts things out there that I know can be either wood or aluminum. lol

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry stkmw, none of those are correct.

Here are the remaining lines with hints:

6. How often did Nikita speak to _____ the red phone? Hint: think president we all like

14. Does the wooden _____ twice as much as the aluminum one? Hint: think brand

15. The city council decided to take _____ school funding issues at the next session. Hint: think bigger,faster,better

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

14 = gateway (gate weigh)?
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

6 = Lincoln (Link on)?

It fits but it's not a computer term as far as I know...
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Iwritecode is spot on with Gateway - not s'much with Lincoln

And with that, lines 6 & 15 are up for grabs! Even if you've already answered 5, please feel free to try these last 2

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

6. How often did Nikita speak to _____ the red phone? Hint: think president we all like, as in "I like ___"

15. The city council decided to take _____ school funding issues at the next session. Hint: think bigger,faster,better or making an improvement to software.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

6. Ike on=icon
    15. up grade=upgrade

Does whatever a spiderman does.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

And mystima finished it off... good job folks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2