Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Andrew Lincoln looks like Roland in The Walking Dead

Traveler rf08d is on a distinguished road

Default Andrew Lincoln looks like Roland in The Walking Dead

Finished reading the books about a month after 7 came out, and ever since I've always wondered who in film and tv reminded me of Roland the most. I know the film was canned but apparently was going to star javier bordem, not a bad choice by me. But the more I watch The Walking Dead, the more I think Andrew Lincoln would make a great Roland.
    Some links:
    http://thr1.pgmcdn.net/sites/default...finale_a_l.jpg

http://cinesnark.files.wordpress.com...1/rick-gun.jpg

http://scifimafia.com/wp-content/upl...Shane-Rick.jpg

http://static.tvfanatic.com/images/g...ck_650x458.jpg

Thoughts?

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

As an Englishman growing up and living in the old country* I know that guy best as somewhat adolescent (in actions not age) teacher in the comedy drama series Teachers. Seeing him in that vein, I wouldn't find him good Roland material.

Seeing him as Rick in the Walking Dead though... maybe. Just maybe. I see Roland as a bit older, but Andrew Lincoln maybe wouldn't be bad. Does he have the acting chops though, since gun aside, Rick and Roland are quite different characters? (Although there are similarities -they're both lawmen with a strong sense of responsibility, and they're both willing to
    Spoiler:
    do what it takes to achieve their aims even if their actions are morally questionable.
    **). Considering how different Simon Casey and Rick are... yes I think he might just pull it off. (I do find his American accent a bit hokey mind you, but that might just be because I know it's not his own. I wonder if Americans respond the same way?)

*It's not nearly as exciting as that description might appear...
    Spoiler:
    This is particularly true of Rick in the comics. Seriously. He's a good guy but some of his actions raised an eyebrow. Or two.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't know about Rick as Roland, but I DEFINITELY think that Carl should be Jake.

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

I have to agree, he could make a good Roland with the right direction and a little makeover. (Right now I think his hair makes him look a little less rugged than I imagine Roland. lol) I don't think his accent is hokey at all. Much like Hugh Laurie, I forget it isn't natural until I hear them speak without it! PLUS I think the fact his "American" isn't natural would help him play Roland more realistically... since I always imagined Roland to have an indescript underlying accent.

Of course, in my mind, Roland will always be Clint Eastwood.

+ Reply to Thread