Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Hunger Games - warning, there may be spoilers

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Johanna Mason casting

I know it's not Finnick, but thought people might be interested anyway.
    A lady always remembers her courtesies.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Every article that I've read about this says "Lionsgate has reportedly already offered the part..." so we really don't know if she's accepted. I hope she does, though. It's a really good fit, I think.

In other news, Flava Flav has accepted the part of Cinna, since Lenny Kravitz is unavailable during filming.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Every article that I've read about this says "Lionsgate has reportedly already offered the part..." so we really don't know if she's accepted. I hope she does, though. It's a really good fit, I think.

In other news, Flava Flav has accepted the part of Cinna, since Lenny Kravitz is unavailable during filming.
    please tell me that is a joke.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ricky, you're terrible.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

FLAVVVAAA FLAAAAAAV
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

John F. Kennedy bounce0320 will become famous soon enough bounce0320 will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

I thought they were an easy read, finishing all 3 in a week. Kept me interested if nothing else. If anyone is interested, I will sell my trilogy for $25 (I read them carefully so there are pretty much as new). They are 1st editions, bought separately.

Country
    Country Flag
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

when i read they had another announcement about a character i went to the yahoo news site thinking they were going to announce who Finnick was

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Demon of the Prim Maturins_Daughter is on a distinguished road Maturins_Daughter's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Now that should be awesome!

I read the first two books. Passed on the third due to bad reviews. Then with the movie coming out, I figured 'what the hey!' and read the third one. It was actually a somewhat realistic ending (which is not what some folks look for in their fiction)

I enjoyed the movie for the most part, thought it followed the book pretty faithfully...but one thing I could NOT get past was the camera action!! I can't stand the jittery camera work that they used to let the audience know "ACTION IS HAPPENING!!! OMG!!! IT'S HEAVY DUTY ACTION!!!"... I just wanted them to pan back and let me SEE the action. But then, I'm an old fuddy duddy

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I wasn't a big fan of the shaky cam either. I'm hoping the director for Catching Fire gets rid of that.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

Phillip Seymour Hoffman! Yay!

I think the first movie got enough negative reviews on the camera work that they will revise it... at least I hope so. You'd have to be an idiot to get that much negative press and not respond to it.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

The shaky camera trend is WAAAAAYYY overdone. It'd be fine if it were used very sporadically, but I just don't get the appeal of doing a whole movie in "thecameraman'shavingaseizure" mode.

On a happier note....I finished the series today.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

What'd you think, Brice?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    The shaky camera trend is WAAAAAYYY overdone. It'd be fine if it were used very sporadically, but I just don't get the appeal of doing a whole movie in "thecameraman'shavingaseizure" mode.
    or, as my favorite director of all times put it, "as if the cameraman was masturbating"

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Demon of the Prim blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne's Avatar

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

I loved the premise of this story and overall the story itself was interesting. I read all three books so they hooked me enough to want to know what happened but they were obviously written for the "young adult" audience. Maybe that's just my age showing but overall the series left a lot lacking for me. I would have loved at least another one or two hundred pages for each of these books. I wanted so much more detail!! I also have to say this is the first time I have ever been drawn in so much by a story line and secondary characters that I have been able to overlook an extreme indifference to the main character. Katniss is, in my opinion, self centered, whiny and in general a huge pain in the butt and I don't even think that changed at the very end. It was kind of a bummer for me because I like my main characters to inspire passion in me, love or hate, I'm fine with it either way. Katniss plain out annoyed me. I really just wanted her to stop her puling for most of the story. Sorry to those that like her! But, again a number of the secondary characters really appealed to me, Haymitch being one of them. I haven't seen the movie yet but will get around to it soon. I do think they did a great job with casting in that the movie character's physical appearances match the way I imagined them. I can't wait to see Woody Harrelson, Donald Sutherland and Lenny Kravitz! I am not familiar with the younger actors but I am looking forward to checking them out too.

"Head Clear. Mouth shut. See Much. Say little." Roland Deschain

"Go your way, I'll take the long way 'round. Ill find my own way down, as I should." Ben Howard

Country
    Country Flag

I would definitely read a Haymitch or Cinna book if she felt like writing spinoffs... although we kind of know how they end up, so the suspense would be gone. I would also like her to up the reading level by about 30 grades.

Country
    Country Flag

I don't know, I kind of thought that the writing style/vocabulary was a nice break from the style of "adult" books.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    What'd you think, Brice?
    I liked them.

My book reviews are fucking epic, huh?

Jean:

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

I saw a book a couple weeks ago at Barnes and Noble. Something like "The World's Shortest Short Stories." I'm fairly confident you would do well with "The World's Shortest Book/Movie Reviews."
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I could manage that.

If you rescue me

Country
    Country Flag

Amazing what you can find on the Internet!

The Titanic Review
    By: Brice Beede

The ship sunk. I liked it.

Schindler's List Review

Pretty sad. Good acting.

The Wizard of Oz Review

The songs were pretty cool.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, Wizard of OZ would have got a little better than that. One of my cousins was Ray Bolger.

If you rescue me

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    One of my cousins was Ray Bolger.
    GTFO.

It's pissing me off how ever since HP split the last book into two movies (which it needed to do!) every other damn series needs to do it because hey, profit. Hopefully this isn't like the Twilight one where they film people walking up stairs, playing chess and sleeping to fill the 2 hours.

(Yes, I watched the new Twilight movie, and it was hilariously God-awful. I laughed til I cried.)

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I'm all for more Hunger Games books, movies, whatever, but is a 2-parter Mockingjay really necessary? They could easily accomplish it as one, albeit long film. I think the book was...what, 390 pages? That's enough material to hopefully make a really strong film, but having a Part 2 makes me worried of filler.

Oh, and I found a real Hunger Games review by Brice!

The Hunger Games Review

The book's font was very well done. Effie's hair was very pink.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast