Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Joe Hill

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by darkdiscoveries View Post
    <...> I think he's a better short story writer than novelist at this point<...>
    Bears think the same.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Though I like his novels I agree. He is a damn good short story writer.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Traveler douglasesper is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

has anyone else caught:
    spoiler alert!

i thought it was a great touch to tie the two books together.
    douglas esper
    how do you make god laugh?

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by comingsoon.net View Post

Shia LaBeouf Grows Horns
    Source: Variety March 17, 2011

It's been some time since we first learned that Mandalay Pictures was developing a film based on the Joe Hill novel, Horns. Today, Variety offers an update on the project, suggesting that not only is the film moving forward, but that it's going to do so with Shia LaBeouf in the lead.

The novel, released last year, is a horror love story about young man named Ig Perrish who wakes up one day to find that horns have grown from his head. What's more, they're still growing and are somehow tied to the unsolved murder of his girlfriend.

LaBeouf, who appears this summer in Transformers: Dark of the Moon, will play the part of Perrish.

Hill, the son of horror legend Stephen King, is also the creative force behind the upcoming Fox television series "Locke and Key."
    I don't think they could have made a weaker casting decision.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah i'm not sure about that, i thought Ig might have been someone a little grittier!?

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

that is so wrong it's not even funny!!! Come on people! Use some imagination!!!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree. He just doesn't look the part to me at all. It's almost as bad if he were to be cast as Roland.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Actually, (As he ducks cans and bottles being tossed at him) I think he could do a rather nice jod with it. Remember that flick, what was it "Suburbia"? While the film blew he was kinda good in that "Iggy" sota role.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

but in my mind Ig is like 6 foot something, lanky and goofy...that is NOT Shia!!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Exactly my thoughts!

Country
    Country Flag

Same here.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gunslinger Apprentice onlylivingboyinny is on a distinguished road onlylivingboyinny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just read Locke & Key volume 1, LOVED it.
    "Everyone suspects himself of at least one of the cardinal virtues, and this is mine: I am one of the few honest people that I have ever known." - Nick Carraway
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald, "The Great Gatsby"

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

It only gets better.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by darkdiscoveries View Post
    <...> I think he's a better short story writer than novelist at this point<...>
    Bears think the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Though I like his novels I agree. He is a damn good short story writer.
    Have read Horns, and have to apologize to Mr.Hill for what I said before.

To say it is better than Heart-Shaped Box is to say nothing. They are in entirely different leagues. I yawned through HSB, which seemed to me very mediocre, trivial, altogether unsatisfactory; I loved every word of Horns, with the single exception of
    Spoiler:

the cancer twist, which is stupid and false.

I had thought nothing could be better than his short stories; that, at least, is true, - but the novel is totally on their level, a direct heir to such gems as In the Rundown, The Widow's Breakfast and My Father's Mask. It's once again his unique voice that speaks of things only he can express.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My newest purchase, thanks to Betts!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post

"...I had thought nothing could be better than his short stories." "..It's once again his unique voice that speaks of things only he can express."
    20th Century Ghosts is an outstanding collection which re-ignited my passion for literature (cheesy but true). I'm not sure if it was just the "right book at the right time" or what but a number of those stories have stuck with me and it's been at least 1 to 2 years since I've read them. I enjoy his novels, and yes the have a distinctive voice, however they feel like they are missing something. I do think Horns is his best novel to date though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    My newest purchase, thanks to Betts!

Congrats!

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    In the NY Times: Peering Into the Darkness by Joe Hill
    Very nice - and I like that he referenced one of his favorite authors - Neil Gaiman - when he mentioned the Graveyard Book:

A recent Newbery-Medal-winning novel follows the adventures of a boy who spends his entire childhood in a cemetery, where he is looked after by ghosts, ghouls and a vampire. This is after his birth parents are knifed to death in chapter one. Just a little light entertainment for the kiddies

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm looking for UK 1st's of Joe's books, N0S4R2, Horns, Heart Shaped Box, 20th Century ghosts. They don't have to be signed, limited, or special in any way. Please shoot me a PM if you have any.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Cannot wait for this - actually i guess I will have to wait - since I won't be getting the individual comics - waiting until they put the wholes series together in HC book

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

I just don't get the point of the Loaded story. This will be a long sad slog for people that think the same way and he won't convert anyone to thinking the same way.
    It's just sad and pointless just like real shootings.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    I just don't get the point of the Loaded story. This will be a long sad slog for people that think the same way and he won't convert anyone to thinking the same way.
    It's just sad and pointless just like real shootings.
    I love JH, but I agree. That story just sounded like a long news reel. Definitely my least favorite of the bunch. I almost wanted to stop reading at that point. I really liked Snapshots and Aloft though!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast