Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Joe Hill

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    I just don't get the point of the Loaded story. This will be a long sad slog for people that think the same way and he won't convert anyone to thinking the same way.
    It's just sad and pointless just like real shootings.
    SW is up next on my TBLT list. Will be interesting to see if we share the same opinion.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I thought 'Loaded' was the strongest of the bunch. Few parts were genuinely shocking.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    I thought 'Loaded' was the strongest of the bunch. Few parts were genuinely shocking.
    Can you elaborate please? I mean the ending was a little shocking but to me it was kind of cookie cutter. I guess in my head things like this can and do happen all the time so to read a really long death march story is kind of a waste.

But did you like it?

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well for example
    Spoiler:
    him accidentally killing his son took me for a loop, and I didn't expect it to end with the protagonist and her daughter about to be killed in such a fashion.

I thought it was good overall. The first two stories I liked, the second two stories I found to be so-so.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Agreed. Loaded was very Bachmanesque. The strongest story for me too. The fact that this had/could happen again makes it even more terrifying.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Well for example
    Spoiler:
    him accidentally killing his son took me for a loop, and I didn't expect it to end with the protagonist and her daughter about to be killed in such a fashion.

I thought it was good overall. The first two stories I liked, the second two stories I found to be so-so.
    Oh yea those 2 things were shocking. I hope I don't sound like a dick, I was just thinking the whole time "why am I listening to this? Everything is shitty why read a story about everything being shitty" I just lean towards supernatural stuff bc that interests me more than reality. More Cape less Thumbprint. I'm halfway through Aloft and I love it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6