Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which "Skin" do you prefer?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • GreyFolio Black

9 25.71%
  • VB4 Default

6 17.14%
  • Black Stealth

4 11.43%
  • Take 5

8 22.86%
  • Keep all 4-let me choose the one I like

8 22.86%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: OMG This "skin" sucks!!!!!!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I have now restored all 4 options. Sorry for the brief interruption.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I'm hoping Jerome pops in with an explanation. This orange skin is God-awful.
    FINALLY, we agree on something!!!!! Get ready for the Apocalypse!!!!

Edit: Alright, who voted for "Black Stealth"????? 'fess up!!! LOL LOL LOL
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

All is right with the world!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Orangey one is easiest on the eye, the others just look very unpolished. I just thought the orange was the official one that had been worked on to fit best with the forum and the other four were just skin template things downloaded as optional extras.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cloysterpete View Post
    Orangey one is easiest on the eye, the others just look very unpolished. I just thought the orange was the official one that had been worked on to fit best with the forum and the other four were just skin template things downloaded as optional extras.
    The "orange" one (I call it pumpkin) was the original intended color. As a courtesy to our members I at one time offered 8 different skins. It really got to be a chore because certain things can't be changed globally. If I needed to update the fundraiser total it took changing 8 skins two times each (once for Forum Display, once for Forum Home). I trimmed it back to 4 and most everyone survived.
    This issue was looked at (Polled) ~2 years ago, but I thought I would revisit the choices on a weekend when the site is a bit slower.
    I might consider dropping the "Black stealth", but every so often I like to view it that way, and it is really cool-the main problem being seeing Who's Online-brown doesn't show up well at all on a black background.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

FWIW, here's my three beans on the subject. I can appreciate the time and effort involved in providing 4 options. Seems a fair compromise might be two options. Black Stealth would appear to be a complete loser except for Jerome and Brice. Greyfolio/VB4 are very similar in style except for the color, Gray vs Blue. I think most of the Grey/VB4 users to adapt easily to one or the other with little discomfort so, maybe we should combine them as one option and the other being "Pumpkin".

As for which of the Grey/VB4 should remain, we could vote it out or just choose. Me? I could deal with either, but never the "Pumpkin". Hope that helps some. Thoughts anyone? Jerome having to make 8 updates as opposed to 4 seems like a No-Brainer to me. JMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

I've gotten strangely attached to this flinstones creamsicle color. I liked it back when we had options, though.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    I've gotten strangely attached to this flinstones creamsicle color. I liked it back when we had options, though.
    You still do. 4 Choices-check it out-lower left of your screen is a drop-down menu. Additionally you can use your Settings to choose the default.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    You still do. 4 Choices-check it out-lower left of your screen is a drop-down menu. Additionally you can use your Settings to choose the default.
    So Jerome, any progress/plans on how to eliminate a couple options to make life easier?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

I have been using Black Stealth the whole time... I feel so reckless!
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

You are like me.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Just checked out Black Stealth. I'm hooked.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been hooked since we first got it.

If you rescue me

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    Same here. It just seems natural to me since the screens I stare at while I'm at work all have a black background.

I wish more message boards had this option.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    Same here. It just seems natural to me since the screens I stare at while I'm at work all have a black background.

I wish more message boards had this option.
    Wait! There are more message boards?

If you rescue me

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Not a whole lot of sports talk on this board. Especially about the teams I follow.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Take 5 - It's always looked this way for me and I didn't know there were other to choose from. It makes this board different from all the other boring ones!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

The poll doesn't have a "quit yer bitchin'" option, so I chose keep all four, but in the end I don't really care. I have always left it on Take 5. if I thought it were too bright I would adjust my monitor.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I still say we wait until 40 or 50 votes, tally up and keep the high two and dump the low two. That cuts the work in half and leaves the minority a fair choice for a new skin. JMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I still say we wait until 40 or 50 votes, tally up and keep the high two and dump the low two. That cuts the work in half and leaves the minority a fair choice for a new skin. JMHO
    I say you screwed up the poll when you initially only gave 2 choices-not to mention if I wanted an official poll that would determine the skin(s), I would have posted the poll myself.
    You are hereby sent to the penalty box for 5 minutes.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

5 minutes? I hope it's a scary penalty box.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

I sort of think of the "pumpkin" as a sandy parchment paper, accented with bits of rock... for some reason it makes this forum feel more Mid Worldy.
    *carefully steps around the penalty box*

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I've always used the default style because I'm used to it <sheepish>

I can back Jerome up that having even more than one skin is an amazing pain in the ass on the back end. Most forums don't do it.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2