Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: An actual "Wonderful Life" moment

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Default An actual "Wonderful Life" moment

In the same way that I had wished all the people involved with getting me that book had been there the moment I opened it I wished those of you involved with this gift were here with me today.

I hold myself personally responsible for the situation my family is in and I thank the universe that our kids are grown and able to live on their own (mostly). Me and Dora had achieved the height of our potential in the other life we are living and the transition is very hard. It is amazing to finally understand how much we lived now and paid later.

Living that close to the edge means a couple of hundred dollars is the difference between eating and not eating. I don't want any of you to think we are unhappy because we are working and living in a kind of paradise. It just doesn't pay much. This gift represents almost double what we would make together in a month now.

My first thought about the book was to simply pawn it so that I could have it back but the real world isn't like Pawn Stars and I could not find a shop that would even entertain the idea. I posted it for sale at such a high price because I think its worth that much. I was actually relieved when it didn't sell but that didn't solve the money problem. Tippy saved us in between now and then. Without him we would have been in real trouble.

I have already let him know I'm buying the book back as soon as we can arrange it.

So I do wish you had all been here today when I received your letter. I have deep thoughts about the best way to handle it. For now I will tell you we are well and I'd like to return to the land of the living. Thank you to whomever was involved in helping us. I am amazed by the goodness of the human heart.

Special thanks to Jerome and everything he did to make this happen. I appreciate it my friend.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Matt, you and Dora are in my prayers every night. I just hope things start going better for you!

John

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

It's funny that you titled your post "An actual "Wonderful Life" moment" because I can't tell you how many times I wanted to post a picture of George Bailey.

Based on what I've seen here Matt....you are a very rich man.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Glad to hear from you, Matt. Happy that you and Dora are in good spirits. We've got you in our pockets.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Best of luck to you Matt & Dora!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Wait! I thought we banned this fucker!

Spoiler:
    We love you and Dora, Matt!

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Probably would have been smart at this point

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I am really proud of our members. In less than 7 days the funds were raised.
    Matt, don't be a stranger. Drop by and let us know how you and Dora are doing.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I plan to be around a lot more now. Leaving everything behind has a weird side effect that induces feelings of abject failure. I don't handle that well. Thanks again Jerome. I actually have an idea of how to do some good with everyone's generosity.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I plan to be around a lot more now.
    There goes EVERYBODY"S post counts.

If you rescue me

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Damn!!! Just when I was making "headway" on him!!!! LOL

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Hell, it took me nearly a year after he left to pass his post count. The chatty bitch will decimate mine before the night is out. LOL

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hell, it took me nearly a year after he left to pass his post count. The chatty bitch will decimate mine before the night is out. LOL
    LOL LOL LOL

Spoiler:
    Wait, he can't "Ban" anymore, can he? LOL

No, now he can only have all the people who he gave their original positions with the site ban us.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Matt, I do hope you stick around. I've missed you, buddy!

Give those guys' post counts a good spankin'!

- Patrick

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks everyone. You will be seeing me everyday now. It is so nice to be among old friends.

And you better watch out Bill...I may still have a little pull around here. lol

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

a little LOL

If you rescue me

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Matt and Dora, I regrettably was not able to contribute financially but I am very, very glad that everything worked out for both of you. What an excellent gesture of good will by our amazing members here.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

a little LOL

Uh Oh!!!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Matt, welcome back!
    Hope everything works out for you and your family
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

a little LOL

Uh Oh!!!!!!

Yeah, a little as in he might have more than some of us staff...so be good everyone
    Spoiler:
    when he's around

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

a little LOL

Uh Oh!!!!!!

Yeah, a little as in he might have more than some of us staff...so be good everyone
    Spoiler:
    when he's around
    Can we put a "Bell" on him?????? I mean now I gotta clean up my act cause "Matt" is around??? LOL Damn, he's like the Fuc---, um freaking CIA around here!!!! LOL

Spoiler:
    Just joking, all in good fun and harassment!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Matt and Dora, I regrettably was not able to contribute financially but I am very, very glad that everything worked out for both of you. What an excellent gesture of good will by our amazing members here.
    what feverish said...

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast