Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Dredd

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Convinced my lady friend to watch this with me. IT IS ON.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The yankies* had their chance... now it's ours.

*No offence to our American cousins. Incidentally, I'm using 'yanky' in the British way here which doesn't just mean inhabitants of the northern States.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

We're too focused on TDKR over here to really care about anything else haha.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Understandable, feev! Definitely looking forward to TDKR, and I know it's gonna be good, but...the thrill of seeing one of my favourite comic characters done right for the first time on the big screen, which all these reviews seem to be pointing towards (of which I've read a lot)...there's something a lot more exciting about that for me, personally. Not that I don't think that TDKR will be a better film on multiple levels, but yeah, i'm really excited about Dredd, especially with all the positive press it's been getting.

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Convinced my lady friend to watch this with me. IT IS ON.
    Guessing she likes really violent films then? I mean everything I've heard about this film makes it sound like one of the most ultra-violent comic book movies ever made, and that slow-mo clip seemed to confirm it in spades. Which has got me wondering: will they release a red band trailer? Might be a better way of showing what kind of action film Dredd is than the standard one. (Which I liked, but mostly for getting a first glimpse at Mega-City 1 and Urban as Dredd on screen.)
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

This won't last long, certainly not by the time the film is properly released in September, but it has to be pointed out:
    100% on rotten tomatoes right now.

Only 8 reviews, but still, this film is doing even better than I hoped, review wise. Let's hope it is as good as they say in less than 2 months. (Over in the UK, anyway.)

No question that the guys definitely made the right call at screening the whole thing at Comic Con - after months and months of not seeing anything, not even a trailer until last month, the hype that screening has generated just might pay off. For a while, even I was skeptical. Now, this is genuinely the most anticipated film of the year for me!

- Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Just read through the reviews, gotta say I'm really loving what's being said about it so far.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A comic, but related to the film:

Dredd film prequel. Not sure why they're emphasising the 3D but...

Oh an error there- Mama is not a prison warden. She's a drug dealer crime boss in Peach Trees block.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

That (along with the proper comic) will keep me going a little bit until September, then!

Btw, this seriously made me laugh. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpRvB5g02vc

Skip to 1:06 to see why, but it's clear that Urban is such a fanboy!

- Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Holy shit, that's even more awesome than the last poster. And I'm pretty sure it's paying a little homage to the opening pages of America. Not bad, not bad at all.

Btw, for comparison, first two pages of America:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

- Melike

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Now that is an epic poster! Still sad that I don't think I'll have anyone to see this with, though. I hate going to movies by myself...

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    And I'm pretty sure it's paying a little homage to the opening pages of America. Not bad, not bad at all.

Btw, for comparison, first two pages of America:
    Good catch!

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Oh, that's awesome! But yeah, the first two pages of America just leapt out at me, one of my favourite images in comics. So glad they've used it for the new poster (which continues to remain totally fucking awesome, particularly when listening to "I am the Law" by Anthrax).

- Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I gotta admit, my hype meter for this is steadily rising.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Glad to hear that Dredd seems to be filling that gap of "Movie I'm most looking forward to watching next" after finally seeing TDKR. I'm just hoping it lives up to my expectations, although the signs do look pretty darn good, both from the reviews and from that 1 minute clip of the film.

Btw, read this earlier. http://www.sfx.co.uk/2012/08/05/isn%...nother-chance/

Some interesting points made. I think the best point made in the defense of it is that its worst point is being labelled as a Judge Dredd film. In its own way, its not completely terrible. Hell, first time I saw it, I kinda liked it. Then I read the comic and was blown away by how awesome it was, which admittedly changed how I perceived the film. It wasn't the Dredd film any of the comic fans wanted, and that was its biggest failing. I'm hoping the new one will please the majority of us, this time.

- Melike

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Stumbled across this:

Anyone else think, with a little adjustment in sound quality, that this would be perfect as an actual tv spot?

- Melike

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is it wrong that I am still relieved that Karl Urban can say the word "Law" correctly?

Can not wait for this. Beyond excited
    If you love me then love me..

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Yaksha View Post
    Is it wrong that I am still relieved that Karl Urban can say the word "Law" correctly?
    Hold on, let me check:

Nope, you definitely have every right to be relieved about Urban saying "law" properly. Just a little under a month until the UK release now!

- Melike

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah that's what I though

Country
    Country Flag

Okay Dodge saw this and could not stop laughing

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Dude, that is some funny shit!

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah I knew you would like that.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

New featurette on Dredd, featuring interviews with not only the cast and crew, but also with creator John Wagner and, best of all, some brand new footage to go with it:

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/video/exc...-30282728.html

Can't hear anything at work, but I'll say this much: the more I see, the more I like what I see.

And I really hope that awesome old school logo seen in the vid is the way they open the film, too!

EDIT: I've heard the yahoo link might be region locked, so here's a youtube link:

Now that I've both watched and heard it, I love how they're really pushing what makes the comic so great. Also, the more I hear of it, Urban's Dredd voice is growing on me more and more. And I still love that old-skool logo!

- Melike

My Mood
    Yeehaw

And another decent review: http://www.starburstmagazine.com/rev...eview-dredd-3d

Favourite quote: "Tremendously violent, brutal, loud and unashamedly British, the movie is the ultimate antithesis to 2012’s summer of superheroes. Dredd has no powers except for an unwavering belief that the law must be obeyed and justice served." And that's exactly how it should be!

- Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

8/8 positive reviews on Rotten Tomaties, averaging a 7/10 rating.

Things are looking great!

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/dredd_3d/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast