Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Dredd

Rabid Billybumbler fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

go to any comic con and you may come across someone dressed as Judge Dredd, but now someone has created the worlds first Judge Death costume based on the design of Brian Bolland

an no photoshop elements either

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The special edition finally went down from $30 to $20 so I'll be picking this movie up shortly. Can't wait to experience it again.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Holy shit,that Judge Death looks incredible.

Rabid Billybumbler fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i know one of the guys who did this over at the Hellbound Web and even though its not officially endorsed by 2000AD hopefully there will be a Dark Judges fan film

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fearless-freak View Post
    i take it you've all seen the Judge Death costume?

oh and on another note the Judge Dredd fan film Judge Minty is now online

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aavS_XUITXU
    I just caught this recently. It's really rather good isn't it? It's under half an hour yet has the feel and plot of a longer film. The comic faithful judge costumes work very well (not that I'm knocking the ones in the Dredd film, they're both good) and the CGI is excellent. I've seen TV shows and full films with worse!

Country
    Country Flag

i'm hoping they'll do a sequel to Judge Minty

Country
    Country Flag

looks like Dredd 2 could be back on

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

In the mean-time...

(That's a link by the way. Should be obvious as a emboldened and underlined it as it's not always easy to tell on these forums... )

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

There's been a lot of buzz once again regarding a sequel recently, with the blu-ray once again rapidly climbing the charts in the UK and, to a smaller extent, the US last month. Gotta admit, I'm really pleased that the film has, after the disappointing reception at the box office, it's rather quickly become a cult classic with its own hardcore fanbase. Maybe I can hope for a sequel after all.

Btw, finally watched Judge Minty the other night. Holy crap, that's an awesome fan film. Loved how well shot and edited the whole thing looked. Really seemed to get that mix of grittiness and the craziness of Dredd's world just right. (Especially the craziness, which we got in much smaller doses in the film, although I genuinely love both interpretations.) Might rewatch that again, after re-reading the original comic strip it's based on. Been a while since I read it.

And that animated Dredd project looks very cool, Brainslinger. Seems very promising. There's another fan film being made at the moment called Cursed Edge (teaser trailer here). I think that's another thing I really love about this movie - it really seems to have inspired a lot of love for the character and his world, with not just the fan projects but also the high demand from so many people who had never been interested in the character before (which is more than understandable, given the Stallone film) wanting to see more of the Dredd universe. Times like this that remind me why I love being a fan in the first place.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Btw, not related to the film, but:

Spoiler:

Finally, the best crossover of 2012 - no scratch that, quite possibly ever - is finally out in hardback! I wasn't impressed with the cover when I saw it online at first, but that was before I found out it was lenticular and showed both Dirty Frank and Jack Point on each version. Anyone keen to check out more of the Judge can't go wrong with this collection, in my opinion. Even for those who read it in 2000AD, there's something for the collector: cover galleries, images from the marketing campaign, and even some concept art. Worth every penny, in my opinion.

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

I read it in comic form and I don't usually get stuff I already own, but that turned my head...

Anyhoo. In sort of Dredd film news, the next issue of Judge Dredd Megazine starts a sequel to the story of the first Dredd film.

By that I mean, it's an authorised sequel to the film, set in the movie universe. Albeit it's in comic form. Just to be confusing, but I'm sure you get what I mean.

Country
    Country Flag

i'm reading the IDW release along with Year One

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/04/...arlands-books/

Dredd 2, oh yeah!

Or maybe I'm looking too much into it.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

- Melike

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I have been waiting for this day.

Judge Dredd to become TV show

- Melike

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

This just makes sense. I just hope they do it right. It also needs the right platform. I have no desire to watch Dredd be watered down for basic cable that's for sure.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    This just makes sense. I just hope they do it right. It also needs the right platform. I have no desire to watch Dredd be watered down for basic cable that's for sure.
    Very much agreed, Mike. I've dug up what I can, and what's been interesting so far is that the producers want to keep the grittiness that the film had, but they also want to include some of the crazier ideas from the comics. That's something that's going to be really risky. The comics get the balance right, and they're a joy to read, but, whether set in the film's universe or not, it's going to be really tricky getting that balance of grit and crazy without coming across as cheesy, at least. I hope they can pull it off.

And for more exciting and promising news: Judge Dredd TV Series Producer Comments On Karl Urban's Involvement

So to sum up, there have been no talks with Urban yet, but producers (understandably) really want him involved. What are the chances that he will be? I say 50/50. Urban has been a pretty busy actor in the past, and he's getting some really major roles lately. On the other hand, he's not only starred in a TV series before (Almost Human, in this case), but he's easily been one of the biggest and strongest voices for demanding a sequel to Dredd. It'll be interesting to see if they can get him on board if he has the time for it. I don't know if the fact that Mega-City One will be an ensemble show will help or hurt the chances of him deciding to join. Perhaps a focus on a larger team, with Dredd almost (but not quite) in the background could take a lot of the pressure of him to avoid filming too much. Or perhaps only doing limited filming for an ongoing project might be off putting when he could have a good chance for bigger roles on film. It's definitely going to be a wait-and-see thing with this series.

- Melike

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Judge Dredd TV Series: 9 Things We Want

Agreed on a lot of this. Especially the first two points. Anderson I'd love to see return, I think she's a brilliant character in both the comics and in the film. As for Judge Death - when he shows up, it has to be done completely right. Maybe a season finale, I don't know. I'm curious to see what this show will bring, anyway.

- Melike

My Mood
    Yeehaw

You knew it was coming. I've shared IGN's list, now here's mine:

Judge Dredd: Mega-City One - 5 Things I Want to See

- Melike

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I want continuity; please keep Urban and Thirlby as the two protagonists.

I want a happy balance between Dredd being used sparingly, and Dredd tearing shit up whenever he is on screen. It will be difficult to balance his screen time, but can be done if handled properly.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Agreed on both points, Fernando. Honestly, I think the direction this series could go in will depend on whether Urban will reprise the role on screen or not. I can kind of see a continuation working without Thirlby (as much as I fucking loved her in the part), but definitely not without Urban. I think the series is in an early enough stage of planning that if they don't get him on board from the get-go, they could easily push for it as a reboot. I'd be upset about that if that did happen, especially as Dredd was such a fucking perfect starting point, but I'd keep an open mind.

As for Dredd tearing shit up - yeah, definitely agreed with ya there. As I said in the blog, I'd love for there to be a moment that has the exact same level of impact as that Vader scene in Rogue One. I think if they built it up well, they could definitely pull it off.

- Melike

My Mood
    Yeehaw

For the longest time, I was worried that the TV series had fallen into development hell. But finally, we get some good news. Really good news, actually:

Comic Writer Rob Williams Has Completed 'Judge Dredd' Pilot Script

There's a lot that's really exciting about this. Rob Williams is one of the best modern writers of the Dredd comic for the past few years now. Trifecta in particular is a very strong read, and could lead to a great example of what this series could do: wildly different perspectives on Dredd's world. Also, knowing that the plot for the first two years has been completed is incredibly exciting. Let's hope that this gets past the pilot stage, and the team really fulfill their ambitions.

Anyone else excited that we're finally getting news on this?

- Melike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7