Neither can I. In the meantime, if you do want a taster of what Dredd's like at his best, here's a few recommendations:

Batman/Judge Dredd: Judgment in Gotham
This was, essentially, my introduction to the comic proper, and seeing how TDKR is out soon, this seems like a perfect time to read it. Better still, it's an excellent story in it's own right. It's a great way of introducing the world of Dredd to people brand new to the comic by a veteran writer of both characters: Alan Grant, who's quick to show just how much of an arsehole Dredd can be. As someone who had only seen the film before reading this, this effectively blew my mind as to the kind of man Dredd is - not really a hero, borderline antagonistic in Judgment in Gotham, and that made him a very interesting main character. Coupled that with how his meeting with Batman is handled, along with Judge Death playing a prominent role, and you've got yourself a winner.
(Can be found in The Batman/Judge Dredd Case Files)

Block Mania/The Apocalypse War
Now this would look awesome on the big screen. It certainly looked awesome in the comic: block wars running rampant across the entire Mega-City before leading to a war that leads to the death of millions and leaves Dredd constantly fighting an almost unstoppable enemy, this is Dredd at his best. The ending I particularly like as being rather dark and morally ambiguous to say the least. A major turning point in Dredd's run, and one of his very best.
(Can be found in Judge Dredd: The Complete Case Files 05)

America
My all-time favourite Dredd strip, and just might be one of my favourite comic strips altogether. It follows the life of a single citizen in Mega-City 1 over the years, and takes a rather hard, dark look at the fascist system of the Judges. Wonderfully written, beautifully painted, this is a true classic that has to be read.

That's a few suggestions anyway. They certainly made me a fan of the comic and eventually subscribed to 2000AD, a comic I've now been collecting for nearly 6 years.